Hacking Converting (E) Gamecube memory card files to (U)?

Zeldafanzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this is the Wii section, but I'm using the GClauncher to play Wind Waker. I've got a PAL save which is half-way through the game, but it's not seeing it as it's the US version of the game. My Wii says there's not enough room on my memory card to save the NTSC WW even though there clearly is. Do I need to format the memory card? Is there a save-file converter to change my PAL save to NTSC? I've seen a few listed online, but the links are all dead (Like the one linked to here: http://www.xtemu.com/forum/software-discus...ter-t2773.html).

Thanks in advance!

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not 100% sure about this, but i think i remember reading somewhere on wiibrew that a GC memory card can only hold saves from 1 region. it has to be reformatted to use it for a different region.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the dancing cow is right
tongue.gif

You can get GC cards for next to nothing these days so you might be best getting another one. Then use the tools here : http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-discussion...cs-dolphin.html To convert between formats and regions.

I used to have a nice little tool with a gui that did it all but can't find it, if I do I'll post you it.

Also iirc dolphin might have this built in somewhere, or did in a previous version.

hmm that link has daco posting, wonder if it's daco from around these parts...hmmm

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I registered, downloaded and ran they tools are cool and will help you. You will need COMDLG32.ocx if you don't already have it > http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/images/lib/COMDLG32.OCX (right click and "save as" remember to make the extension .ocx not htm or html)

You can either put this file in the same folder as you run the converter from OR register this through regserv ( I wont explain as it's diff per OS)

Xtreme2damax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember someone else asking this question, I was unable to turn up anything other than an old converter from back in the day. The memory card format for Dolphin has changed quite a bit throughout development and numerous SVN revisions, therefore old saves and converted saves may not work until there is an updated converter available. I'm not sure if the converter would generate the proper hex code for Dolphin's memory cards, you may very well end up with a corrupt save that Dolphin won't be able to use. However save you convert may work with an actual Gamecube or Wii but I can't guarantee that.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for extremely old bump but does anyone know where to still get this tool? all links are down or outdated even google ones. im transitioning my gc saves from my physical GC memorycard to my wii U thanks to nintendont but one of my saves are PAL (my fire emblem path of radiance) but i want to convert to NTSC because i dont have that old PAL disk anymore (i live in US but i was borrowing that game from a friend who was visiting from europe) just brought a used NTSC ver now and want to convert that save.
i have tried Hex editing and all but the savedata in not detected after edit.

Edit: after digging in a Russian or German website i found a save converter.
unfortunately it does not work for for emblem because of encryption but here

Attachments

• gc_savefile_convert_1.0.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,720

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning