converting dvd to dgp?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by warnings, Mar 16, 2009.

Mar 16, 2009

converting dvd to dgp? by warnings at 9:06 PM (1,834 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. warnings
    OP

Member warnings GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hi, okay so i bought a ndsl with r4 cart for my son last night and gaming is perfect. however im trying to get some vids on his card
    and have reached a stonewall. i have a bunch of scooby doo dvds that i ripped to my pc hdd using dvddecrypter and are stored on hdd in iso format that i stream to his xbox via xbmc...now can i convert these 4.5 gig dvd.iso to .dgp format or am i wasting my time?
    batchdgp gives errors, super gives errors, even tried i cheat xtra and fails...everything fails when trying to convert these iso to dgp.
    I have the latest moonshell here but i cant even make a dgp.
    what am i doing wrong?
    please help me.
    thanks

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Even SUPER gives errors? Geez. Is there any way you can convert it to a more universal media format first? For instance, try converting it to AVI format first, and after that convert to DPG.

3. X3Flame

Newcomer X3Flame Member

Canada
    Try downloading this converter (EzBuilder) : http://w13.easy-share.com/1088224.html

just place your dvd file into the MediaFile Folder and then run EzBuilder.exe

Then just follow what it says and it will start converting into DPG format.

When it finishes converting, the program will automatically close and your DPG file should now appear in the "DoneFile" Folder.

Hope this helps. [​IMG]

4. warnings
    OP

Canada
    i cant find a iso 2 avi program that works with these dvd.iso that dvd decriptor dumps to my hdd...i can burn them fine to play on stand alones and even stream the iso to media center and play back is great...just cant convert to avi

@ X3Flame: how do you open a 7z file ...sorry havent been there yet.
    Thanks.

5. WatchGintama

Member WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  6. warnings
    OP

Canada
    yeah thanks i extracted the file and placed my iso in the media file folder and i get a avs error....dunno...ready to give up.

7. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Use the iCheat converter. It converts directly from VOB to DPG, the only real downside being that it doesn't give you any configuration options; all its settings are hardcoded. Video quality is fine though, and it can identify what aspect ratio the video should be without any input.

Also, given that you say each VOB is 4.5GB, I assume they each include a full DVD's worth of episodes sequentially? If you prefer, you can use DVD Decrypter to split VOBs into individual episodes. Up the top, hit Mode and switch it to IFO (right now it should be on File). Now all the chapters will be listed, and assuming each episode is a single chapter, you can extract a single episode by unchecking everything except for the episode you want. If episodes are split into multiple chapters, you can just hit the checkboxes for the chapters which correspond to the episode you want, and it will output a single VOB of those you selected.

8. blu9987

Member blu9987 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Run the iso in dvd decrypter in IFO mode and copy the VTS files over to your PC.

Load a program like AutoGK or Megui then select the first file in the series and convert it to avi. It will convert the entire DVD to avi which you can then convert to DPG

9. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Or you can skip the extra transcode. Y'know. If you want.