ROM Hack Converting Checkpoint Saves for other Tools?

Switchtime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi, unfortunately my switch broke in March, fortunately I was able to save the savegames with Checkpoint. Now I was able to get a new switch for an acceptable price.

But Checkpoint doesn't support SXOS anymore, so I'm looking for an alternative to restore the savegames.

I found JKSV and SXSM.
Is there a way to rename the folders so that you can use the Checkpoint saves in these other programs? (The Switch Saves must have still the same "system").

Switchtime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Thanks it worked!

If someone has the same problem I would recommend JKSV because SXSM zips the saves additionally. I clicked on „Dump All“ in JKSV and then exchanged the contents in the lowest structure with the checkpoint dumps (Also lowest structure). Since special characters do not show the name of the games it helps to google the folder names (wich is the Title ID) to see which game it is. Finally you can restore the saves in JKSV.

macnemo79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. Sorry I have the same issue but I don’t understand the suggestions given by masagrator
I have a lot of dumbed save files from Checkpoint in preparation with moving from SXOS to Armosphere. But I just discovered the CP doesn’t work on Atmosphere. Can somebody please explain step by step how I convert my save files to work with JKSV? Thanks

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi. Sorry I have the same issue but I don’t understand the suggestions given by masagrator
I have a lot of dumbed save files from Checkpoint in preparation with moving from SXOS to Armosphere. But I just discovered the CP doesn’t work on Atmosphere. Can somebody please explain step by step how I convert my save files to work with JKSV? Thanks
You don't need to, you can use the same emuNAND and save data with Atmosphere..
What masagrator meant is to dump (blank) save data with JKSM, look at the folder structure of both Checkpoint and JKSM dumps and replace the files that have the same name before restoring.
The OP only needed to do that because he got a new Switch and couldn't reuse the same emuNAND. If the Switch you used SX on still works and you still have the emuNAND on it then it doesn't really apply to you. Hekate detects SX emuNAND and allows you to set it, only the Nintendo folder will not be changed to SD:\Emutendo the way SX does it, but to SD:\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo instead, you can manually move the folder. Or add the line "nintendo_path=Emutendo“ (without quotes) to SD:\emuMMC\emuMMC.ini after setting the emuNAND in Hekate.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save files don't work exclusively with one CFW or another.

Hinaru77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I’m also trying to activate my save files from checkpoint just to too convert them into JKSV since Checkpoint doesn’t work anymore. Mainly for Pokemon Sword and Shield so I don’t have to start all over. i heard about dump files but I don’t see any of the files from Checkpoint. When I click on checkpoint I just get a quick black screen. My atmosphere is at 19.5.
I tried using this
https://github.com/SciresM/Checkpoint/releases/tag/ams-19-compat
But it doesn’t seem to work. I’m a new here as well. So I’m not quite sure if I did this right.

Edit. Nevermind figure it out, just copy and paste the from pc.

Last edited by Hinaru77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!