Homebrew Converted EmuNAND9 to .FIRM

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I converted EmuNAND9 to .firm and it works with B9S v1.2 just fine after a little tinkering so I'm wondering if someone is willing to test it for me on v1.3? Just make a nand dump or something (or create an emuNAND preferably if you need one) and let me know if it works.

I did it because I saw a want for it in the firmwaretool thread. Since that wasn't working for payload conversions on for 1.2/1.3 and Emu9 is no longer supported, I decided to deliver a working build for boot9strap.

I tested myself with a full NAND dump/restore as well as creating an emuNAND, Flashing emuNand to sysnand and backing up emuNAND.

Yes, I know I could just update B9S and then test it again myself but I'm being lazy at the moment. If no one does, then obviously I will but figured I'd ask first.

Attachments

• Emunand9.rar
    54.5 KB · Views: 258

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I converted EmuNAND9 to .firm and it works with B9S v1.2 just fine after a little tinkering so I'm wondering if someone is willing to test it for me on v1.3? Just make a nand dump or something (or create an emuNAND preferably if you need one) and let me know if it works.

I did it because I saw a want for it in the firmwaretool thread. Since that wasn't working for payload conversions on for 1.2/1.3 and Emu9 is no longer supported, I decided to deliver a working build for boot9strap.

I tested myself with a full NAND dump/restore as well as creating an emuNAND, Flashing emuNand to sysnand and backing up emuNAND.

Yes, I know I could just update B9S and then test it again myself but I'm being lazy at the moment. If no one does, then obviously I will but figured I'd ask first.

Nothing changed between 1.2 and 1.3 that would affect payload compatibility. Here are the changes:

• Removed some unnecessary padding to make B9S FIRMs smaller (they now size about 30 KiB, and thus can support NTRboot targets with smaller flashes).
  • Updated the filesystem library used by the stage 2 loader.
  • Added additional delay following ntrboot to allow for more time to hold a button-combination for the loaded boot.firm.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing changed between 1.2 and 1.3 that would affect payload compatibility. Here are the changes:

• Removed some unnecessary padding to make B9S FIRMs smaller (they now size about 30 KiB, and thus can support NTRboot targets with smaller flashes).
  • Updated the filesystem library used by the stage 2 loader.
  • Added additional delay following ntrboot to allow for more time to hold a button-combination for the loaded boot.firm.
Well I guess that answers my question then Lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s