Homebrew Converted DPG movie looks fine but no sound

mattymattness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to this scene. I have recently been trying to get some movies ready for my DS. I can make a .dpg movie just fine from an .avi with the latest version of BatchDPG. The problem is that the movie looks fine when I test it but, has no sound. The original .avi has sound before conversion.

I have AviSynth and K-Lite codecs installed. I'm not sure what the problem is.

I also tried to convert the video with SUPER and it actually worked with sound but, the sync was off and I didn't like the video quality as much as with BatchDPG. SUPER is also where I test my .dpg....as I don't have my flash cart yet.

So, what could be the problem I'm having with BatchDPG? Thanks for any info.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Most likely your AVI has AC3 sound, AFAIK BatchDPG can't decode that on its own. Here's a howto for that.

If you have MPlayer installed it's a lot easier, just use this commandline:
Code:
mplayer "[filename]" -af channels=2 -ao pcm:fast:file=stream.wav -vo null
where [filename] = your avi. I don't know if MPlayer is available for Windows, though.

mattymattness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply.

I converted the original movie to .avi myself so, when I do convert a movie to .avi....what type of audio should I choose in order for BatchDPG to handle it and convert it correctly into a .dpg?

Thanks.

mattymattness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks for your help.

I have been using AutoGK for the conversion to .avi. Would it be possible to do what you are telling me to do with AutoGK or should I use something else to convert a DVD to .avi?

My normal routine is DVD > DVD Encrypter > AutoGK > BatchDPG.....but, I would get all the way to BatchDPG and lose the sound on the .dpg file.

Thanks, I would try to look on my own but, I'm at work right now.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Sorry, I have no idea if AutoGK can do that.

I'm on thin ice here, as I usually start my conversion directly from avi or mkv, no ripping involved.
wink.gif

mattymattness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, played around yesterday trying to get a dpg to work for me....still having problems.

I have been using AutoGK to convert after ripping the DVD. The problem is that it only lets me choose AC3 for sound. I guess that is the problem since everytime I try to make the dpg video with BatchDPG I get a decent looking video with no sound.

So, I tried again using SUPER to convert the AVI to DPG but, I'm just personally not impressed with SUPER. It seems buggy and the dpg ends up looking a little bit worse than a BatchDPG converted video and the sound with SUPER is way out of sync....like probably 5-10 secs out of sync with the video. It's just not the program for me personally.

So, what freeware programs are good to use in the place of AutoGK to convert my ripped DVD to an MPEG to be used with BatchDPG?

Thanks.

mattymattness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I actually messed around with SUPER a bit more last night and I like it a bit better. I was able to convert into .DPG using SUPER without much quality or sync problems.

Now the problem seems to be that the dialog in the movie I was watching was really low....the music seemed fine....it was just the dialog was too quiet.

Also, a few minutes into the movie the screen went black and the audio produced a horrible screeching sound. It seems that it was encoded this way for the rest of the movie.

Anyone have any advice for me? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F