Convert carts to cia with save?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by xdarkmario, May 2, 2015.

1. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Ok so i have converted 1 of my carts to a .3dz file and kept the save, but my gateway is almost full and i need a 64gb instead of a 32gb.
    anyway i just got a 32gb MicroSD for my internal N3ds and i want to convert my remaining carts to cia format so that i can put away my carts back in there case instead of carrying them all around. now i have read all this.
    [Release] 3DS_CTR_Decryptor-VOiD
    &
    [Tutorial] Converting .3DS to .CIA for Hackers!

One, im not sure it works with N3ds and yes im a bit lazy and a tad inexperienced with linux (Born and raised on windows) but that looks very complicated.

i was wondering if i just download a premade cia of my carts will my saves work?

2. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    Yes, if going from .3ds/.3dz to CIA it will work easily, just follow this (for card1 save workaround):

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

For card 2 games, you probably know that savedatafiler can transfer the saves easily

EDIT: wait you're using an N3DS? If you have a way to load NTR 2 then I can write you a much easier and faster method to transfer your saves

3. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    ok cool, another thing, do cia's have any kind of header? i hear they do not, whats the ban risk?

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    we have threads like this all the time, cart save to digital, digital save to cart.
    even if we made a sticky people would still ask :(

nintendo could theoretically see that you are playing an eshop game that you have not bought, yes you could get banned, but it has not happened yet

5. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    i know how to use NTR to grab my saves, i did that already with my smash bros 4

6. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    yea sorry for asking the thousand year old question but my 3ds account is the same as my wiiU account and im scared s*itless about getting my wiiU banned:unsure:
    i have never used a .cia for my cart rips before so thats why im just reconfirming

7. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    don't bother converting the cia yourself, just download it, most are there for most games.

8. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    ok, also "if" there are headers on cias how do i inject my own?

9. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    There are no headers, I hear it uses your 3DS' unique header id

xdarkmario likes this.
  10. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    ah thanks for clearing that up, i was thinking it has to use something to connect online and if theres no cart headers then what? 3DS's UUID

samiam144 likes this.