RELEASE Convert BloodStained PC Save to PS4/NS

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by zestiva, Jun 25, 2019.

1. zestiva
    OP

zestiva GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2018
    China
    1 drag pc encrypted save Story_Slot??.sav to decrypt tool , create out_Story_Slot??.sav
    2 pc save have dlc , ps4/ns haven't must disable dlc flag address , use hex editor open out_Story_Slot??.sav , replace 486173444c4373(HasDLCs) to 00000000000000
    3 rename out_Story_Slot??.sav to Story_Slot??.sav
    4 ps4 use savewizard import Story_Slot??.sav , ns use checkpoint restore it

drag the encrypted save file (pc original save) to the tool , auto decrypt to out_Story_Slot??.sav
    drag the decrypted save file (pc out_Story_Slot??.sav / ps4 savewizard export save / ns checkpoint backup save) to the tool , auto encrypted to out_original filename.sav

pc every version/ns with 1.01 update patch version use encrypted file
    ps4 every version/ns 1.0 no update patch version use decrypted file , need not re encrypt again

Attached Files:

Last edited by zestiva, Jun 28, 2019
    Darederil and chronoss like this.
  2. artage

artage Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2006
    is it possible to transfer switch save to pc?

3. doomtrigger

doomtrigger GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2011
    United States
    Can you decrypt and re encrypt this? i fallowed the steps and it just broke the save. Here is a fresh save

Attached Files:

Last edited by doomtrigger, Jun 26, 2019
  4. zestiva
    OP

zestiva GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2018
    China
    yes , reverse
    drag ps4/ns save to tools , auto create encrypt save , rename and replace pc save

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

ps4/ns use decrypted file , need not re encrypt again

Last edited by zestiva, Jun 26, 2019
  5. Dartz150

Dartz150 GBATemp's Official Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    Your explanation is a bit confusing but... it works!! Thank you ;)

6. doomtrigger

doomtrigger GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2011
    United States
    After it's decrypted and the has dlcs is remove the it breaks the save i used checkpoint and Edison and both failed

7. Hanekawa

Hanekawa Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2019
    Japan
    Neko Paradise
    Thanks for this.

8. celolzitos

celolzitos Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2015
    Brazil
    To me occurred the same. I follow until the step 4, without encrypt the save again.

9. Darederil

Darederil Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2019
    Philippines
    Can someone help me with this? Here's what I did:

0. Created a back up copy of my current save file set in switch (i have two saves in switch, the files are: slot0, slot1 and system). Afterwards I played the PC version and saved the game (slot0 only).
    1. Dragged the PC save file: Story_Slot0.sav to the rotnsave.exe tool
    2. Output file out_Story_Slot0.sav saved automatically in the same directory
    3. Used HxD Hex Editor to open out_Story_Slot0.sav to zero out the value of HasDLCs (from 486173444c4373 to 00000000000000)
    4. Renamed out_Story_Slot0.sav to Story_Slot0 (seems the switch save file does not have the .sav extension)
    5. Copied the new Story_Slot0 to checkpoint directory in sdcard. (Overwriting my old Story_Slot0 file. Therefore, I now have Slot0 = from PC, Slot1 = untouched switch save file.)
    6. Restore the save file set using Checkpoint

Result: Slot0 save (from PC) is unloadable. While my untouched Slot1 save works fine

For reference, I'm using the initial version of Codex for PC and Softcobra's 1.01 patched for Switch. Appreciate for those who can help. Thank you!

EDIT: additional info and typos

Last edited by Darederil, Jun 28, 2019
  10. zestiva
    OP

zestiva GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2018
    China
    my negligence , ns with 1.01 update patch version use encrypted file

Darederil likes this.
  11. Darederil

Darederil Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2019
    Philippines
    Does that mean we have to use the tool twice? (Decrypt, remove dlc then encrypt again?) Will try after work asap. Anyway, thank you for the heads up! :)

EDIT: Tool not necessary (as confirmed by OP) for NS Bloodstained ROTN 1.01 and PC CODEX version (in my case). Here's what I did:
    1. NS: Play Bloodstained ROTN and create initial save file
    2. NS: Use Checkpoint to create a back-up of the save file in your SD card
    3. PC: Go to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\BloodstainedRotN\Saved\SaveGames\ directory to locate your .sav files
    4. PC: Rename Story_Slot0.sav (or your desired save file number) to Story_Slot0 then overwrite the file(s) you have in your SD card. I did not include the System_Slot/System_Slot.sav
    5. NS: Use Checkpoint to restore the updated save file

In case you have a different version, please use the tool provided by the OP to decrypt and removeDLC before copying it to your SD card.

Last edited by Darederil, Jun 28, 2019
    hiroakihsu likes this.
  12. Abwezi

Abwezi Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2014
    United States
    Hello I'm trying to follow the instructions in this thread to switch back and forth my saves but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I actually did succesfully transfer my save from the Switch to the PC, at first it told me there was DLC missing on the PC version so I acquired the DLC and that allowed me to use the save that I started on the Switch version.

However when I attempt to transfer from the PC version back to the Switch version I'm also told that there is missing DLC. So I followed the instructions on this thread in order to patch the "hasdlcs" string with all 00s yet when I do this the Switch Version does not recognize my save, instead I see a greyed out top save slot that still says "New Game" and has an exclamation point beside it. I've tried both encrypted and decrypted versions but the only save my Switch will recognize is the encrypted save straight from my PC with "hasdlcs" intact, which obviously still refuses to load. Does anybody know what I may be doing wrong?