Convert a project 64 eep save file to a Wii64 eep

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by B.B.Link, Jun 25, 2013.

1. B.B.Link
    OP

B.B.Link GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    United States
    Colorado
    I have a Mario Party 3 eep save from PJ64 and I'm trying to load it to the wii64, but it won't read the file. I renamed it properly and everything. Does anyone know a way to get this working or not?

2. nakata6790

nakata6790 True Player

Sep 17, 2009
    Greece
    You could try this: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii64SaveSwap
    I have successfully used it for many games, although you say it is for an .eep file, IDK about those.
    I 've noticed though that for the same game lets say RR64 - Ridge Racer 64 (U) [!].z64, PJ64 makes a RIDGE RACER 64.eep file and Not64 makes a RIDGE RACER 64(U).eep one. Maybe this is the reason. Btw they're both 2.00Kb in size.

3. B.B.Link
    OP

B.B.Link GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    United States
    Colorado
    I tried that before. Didn't work on eep's. What n64 emulator produces .fla files? Can I convert my current .eep save into one?

4. bobmcjr

bobmcjr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    It all depends on the game. N64 cartridges like gba and ds carts had varying types of save chips. If the cartridge uses an eeprom chip (.eep), it wont work trying to save as flash (.fla)

5. B.B.Link
    OP

B.B.Link GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    United States
    Colorado
    So does anyone else knows a way to convert these saves? I thought you needed to change something in hex but I can't find any info about it.

6. allanj87

allanj87 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2013
    my saves work direct like literally clck on the save in my project64 folder drag it over to saves in my wii64 folder and im done iv'e only had luck with .mpk's and .eep's never came across another file type.

Ill download mario party 3 and get back to you tomorrow let you know how the save transfering went