Controls for pc games

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by ThePanchamBros, Jul 5, 2016.

1. ThePanchamBros
    OP

ThePanchamBros Hates the Undertale Fandom

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    Under your bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Hey guys, I was wondering what controls you guys use for pc games. I usually use z and x or a gamepad for platfromers and the up down left right keys for Undertale ; and sandbox games like minecraft.

Last edited by ThePanchamBros, Jul 5, 2016
    mgmarms likes this.
  2. CeeDee

CeeDee Peck Neck

GBAtemp Patron
    CeeDee is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 4, 2014
    United States
    I generally use ZX for AB, AS for LR, CVQ for other buttons, updownleftright for main movement, wasd/ijkl for other sticks (n64 dpad/cstick/etc)

But I thought you hated Undertale?

3. ThePanchamBros
    OP

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    I do, I played it before I decided that.

4. CeeDee

CeeDee Peck Neck

GBAtemp Patron
    CeeDee is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 4, 2014
    United States
    Okay, that's respectable. Better than the "hate it but never played it/watched it" people.

5. ThePanchamBros
    OP

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    I hate th0se people

6. Raylene2K7

Raylene2K7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    Jamaica
    parts unknown
    I'm only using Mouse + Keyboard for sims & fps, steering wheel for racing games and in every other case I'm playing with one of my 20+ gamepads (NES, SNES, MD, N64, ..., ..., GC, PS3, 360)

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Does watching games count now?

Anyway WASD and mouse or wired 360 controller. No joystick as all mine are gameport.

8. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    It sort of depends. When fast aiming is required (first or third person shooter/adventure) or for RTS'es and simulations, then mouse and keyboard just can't be beat. For platformers and racing games, I like a steam controller or a PS4 controller more.

You actually have controls for that? :P

9. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Addict

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    I have a Steam controller and just use the most popular configuration. I did swap the portal triggers though because they were reversed in relation to the crosshair symbol.

10. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    keyboard and mouse or an Xbone controller. Any game where you only use a keyboard I wont touch. I want to at least remap it to the mouse or use a controller.

11. Ricken

Ricken I'm letting quicksand take me

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    I primarily use Arrow keys... and if not that random keys configured for 3DSController

12. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    WASD. I use GC controller when I can. GC controller is the best controller in the known universe. I can't play an FPS with it though. I use the standard controlls for FPSs. WASD, mouse 1 to shoot, and so on.

13. mgmarms

mgmarms Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Hello everybody!
    Favorite game controller.Connect via USB. Emulates keyboard + mouse. Compatible with any game on PC. In the game settings, you can turn on your keyboard control. This controller runs parallel to the keyboard and mouse.
    [​IMG]

Excellent for shooters and spacesims. It provides the ability to program all the buttons and features, create macros. You can adjust the size of the shape of the body of the player.
    MGM - the eighth generation of game controllers. https://www.facebook.com/mgmarms/

14. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If it's a mouse optimized game, I use the default controls (WASD) and otherwise I usually use a gamepad. If I don't have a gamepad available then arrow keys, Z/X/C for primary buttons, A/S/D for secondary buttons, Enter/Esc for pause, and if I still have more buttons to map then Q/W/E. For N64 I use Z/X/C as B/A/Z or A/B/Z and A/S as L/R for example.
    I'm trying to make sense of that picture and I still have no clue how the thing is actually used. I assume the buttons are mappable keyboard keys, but... how does the mouse work? How do you even hold it?

mgmarms likes this.
  15. mgmarms

mgmarms Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    The controller is attached to the chair. The mouse works on the 3 magnetic sensors. Resolution of 12 bit magnetic sensor.

This can be set according to player's body shape. There are three axes to work the mouse. One to move up / down. The other two left / right to move. Left / right to at once two mouse under the control (one for aiming and one for reversals).