Control Issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Drak0rex, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Drak0rex
    OP

Drak0rex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    I, as many others, have been the victim of controllers that just don't work the way they should. I purchased a couple of knock off Classic Controller Pros, trying to save money, and hoping they wouldn't be "that bad", but there always seems to be some issue that crops up. They work in game well enough, so long as those games are wii or gamecube games. But in homebrew apps, it's a different story. In Wiiflow, the sticks don't respond what so ever, but in a wii or gamecube game, they do their job. The sticks aren't as accurate as the official ones, but it's nothing that can't be overcome.

Then I got an official gold one off Ebay, and it works well in most cases. But the left stick's dead zone is slightly off, as if it was held ever so slightly up when it was plugged in, even though it wasn't. This is especially noticeable in Wii64, where the stick becomes super sensitive in some games. In Mario 64, mario is always walking toward the camera very slowly.

So getting to the point of my being here, I'm wondering if there's a way to fix these problems. Would it be as simple as desoldering the stick modules from the circuit board and installing a new one from a gamecube controller or an old nunchuck, or is the problem deeper, in the controller's chips or wiring?

2. Drak0rex
    OP

Drak0rex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    If anybody'd like to help me, that'd be great.