Gaming Contra 4 (i can't wait!!!)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting a little tired of all these cutesy games, not like I avoid them but I wish developers would be given a chance to go for a different style. Something that publisher Gamecock seems to be doing with their games. I know the games are about 70% made by Japanese developers so thats why we get effeminate men and so on, I wouldn't mind seeing some strong female characters that can use a sword/gun whatever instead of the usual magic thing. And I don't mean the kind with tits flapping about
wink.gif

So yeah looking forward to Contra 4, can't say that I'd think it would be the best shooter as its retreading a lot of ideas but as a retro gamer I'm gonna love it.

Out of all DS titles, and aside from Zelda PH, its Dementium The Ward I'm looking forward to the most, theres nothing really much like it on the DS. The closest is probably Resident Evil style wise but less cheesy and a lot more gruesome. Also nice to see Treasure releasing something soon, perhaps they'll give us a new classic shooter to get wet over.

Would be nice to see more "mature" styled games along with the cutesy and fantasy titles, and mature as in mature themes and not just crime and swearing.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Veteran gamers like myself are largely forgotten by Nintendo. I need manly looking characters, not guys that look like girls, not some cheesy talking animal, not flowers-and-bunnies. I need games that will appeal to my male ego. Bring on Contra 4 already!
I'm as excited for Contra 4 as anyone else, but video games were founded on cutesy characters. Mega Man, Bomberman, Kirby, Mario, Donkey Kong, these are great games on the Nintendo Entertainment System, back in the beginning of Nintendo's life as a video game company. So games have always been cute for us veteran gamers, that's classic. What Nintendo forgot is that a lot of games used to be hard! And this is also a problem that Sony and Microsoft have. Almost all games are far too easy now a days due to save points and the expectation that everyone who buys a game should be able to beat it if they play enough. So yay for Contra! Yay for violent games! But also yay for cute games with appealing characters! Man up a little. Only pansies are afraid of fluffy cute things.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show