content in switch folder got deleted

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Noaken, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Noaken
    OP

Noaken Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2019
    Belgium
    Hi there, I'm on 6.2 using Atmosphere 0.8.3, and i did a manual downgrade from 7.0 to 6.1 to 6.2 using this guide "https://guide.sdsetup.com/#/manualchoidowngrade". Now i've been using it for some time but a few hours ago when i went to my homebrew menu and it said that there was no content in the switch folder, i tought i just had to restart my switch and it would be fixed but nope, that wasn't the case, i plugged my micro sd card into my pc and i went to the switch folder and everything was gone in that folder, every other folder is fine but the content inside the switch folder got deleted, i use exFAT and i use this sd card "https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/564323/samsung-evo-plus-256gb-microsdxc-card-+-sd-adapter.html" also everytime i plug the sd card into my pc it says there is a problem with it maybe that has something to do it. Does someone know why this happened, and how to avoid it?

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Classic case of exFAT corruption. Reformat to FAT32 and never look back at exFAT.

XorTroll likes this.
  3. Oracleofire

Oracleofire Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    These exFAT horror stories are starting to freak me out. I need my big files though :(

MUDD_BR likes this.
  4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    All you need is USB install (and split your .XCI files if you bought SX OS).

5. Noaken
    OP

Noaken Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2019
    Belgium
    I don't have sxos, how do i split these files that are over 4gb?

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If you don't have SX OS, then you don't need to split .XCI files as you can just install everything in .NSP format with USB install.