Discussion Conspiracy theory about sxos

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by trueicecold, Apr 16, 2019 at 6:20 AM.

1. trueicecold
    OP

trueicecold Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2011
    United States
    Disclaimer: I'm a big fan of sxos, have always been, so what I'm writing here are just my thoughts due to the timing of teamxecuter and fw 8.0 update.

What if... The teamxecuter domain were really seized, and that the owners were really detained, and released as some part of a bargain to insert a kill switch (pun intended) code into 2.6.2?

They've been gone for 2 weeks, came back all of a sudden with a new update in the same day... Add fw 8.0 to that the day after and you get... A conspiracy theory...

Thoughts?

Last edited by trueicecold, Apr 16, 2019 at 6:23 AM
  2. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    yes, I think you are on to something.

mikexd and Erol like this.
  3. darkziosj

darkziosj GBAtemp Regular

Jul 30, 2013
    Colombia
    Medellin
    So you think in 2 weeks lawyers were like: hell yeah boys we got a deal, just destroy every hacked switch in the planet in next month, very good.

0000ff likes this.
  4. trueicecold
    OP

trueicecold Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2011
    United States
    Didn't mean killswitch as in destroy, but maybe patch some stuff making it much jarder or Im possible to further hack it.

btw,for all we know, the team there could have been apprehended much earlier than the domain seizure.

5. stephrk398

stephrk398 GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2018
    United States
    Any and all conspiracy theories were extinguished when TX dropped 7.x support. They also weren't 'gone'. That had a temporary site up in which they directed people to for the files they needed. They announced this on Facebook.

If you really want to talk conspiracy theories then buckle up for round two should Atmosphere get 8.0 support before SX OS, which is likely to happen, and TX will be silent of their progress as they don't announce ETA's. That's when all the Atmos-peeps will start moon landing theories all over again. So look forward to that.

Sorry, wasn't trying to ruin your fun. Just tellin' it how I see it! :P

mmajunkie77, peteruk and gizmomelb like this.
  6. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    what would stop SX users going back to 2.6.1 ? , sure there would be no further updates but they still could play 100s of games.

why bring the SX back online where people who just bought a license can activate it ?

gizmomelb likes this.
  7. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    Didn't someone from tx said not to update to 8.0.0 and wait until everything is ok? So that pretty much destroys your whole conspiracy theory. Also no cfw supports 8.0 right now so there's no reason to update.

8. trueicecold
    OP

trueicecold Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2011
    United States
    haha true :)
    I was going to argue a bit TX announcing sxos supports 8.0 when it didn't, to let users update to 8.0, but the bluff will be called very fast, so that's out of the table as well :)
    And I know I sound like a flat-earther now, but this timing is kinda suspicious to me (haven't updated sxos to 2.6.2 yet).

9. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    umm there are posts of people updatng to 8.0 and CFW 7.0.1 emuNAND is still working fo them under SX OS.

10. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    Stop being paranoid. Play some games then you will be happier.

11. trueicecold
    OP

trueicecold Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2011
    United States
    My switch doesn't leave my side

12. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    Technically it's still cfw on 7.0.1. How about updating to 8.0.0 without using emunand and show us any cfw that works on that firmware?

Last edited by Unleanone999, Apr 16, 2019 at 8:28 AM
  13. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Just wait until it's confirmed if unpatched units are affected. I guess they aren't but patched units definitely are.

NoNAND likes this.
  14. Essasetic

Essasetic Your local TX Fanboy

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    <redacted>

Last edited by Essasetic, Apr 16, 2019 at 8:51 AM
  15. Nincompoopdo

Nincompoopdo GBAtemp Fan

May 20, 2017
    United States
    Let me try, I got a better one:

TX members were all arrested and kept in Guantanamo Bay. Nintendo seized their domains and recently brought the websites back to life - now they are pretending to be TX. Nintendo has all the details of SXOS users from the payments made to TX. Today they released 2.6.2 beta, which is a spyware to track all SXOS users. They informed Interpol and made a list of the top 100 most wanted based on the number of pirated games they downloaded. (to be continue...)

Spunky247, trueicecold and Rahkeesh like this.
  16. trueicecold
    OP

trueicecold Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2011
    United States
    You win, I can't top that :rofl2:

17. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    How are they affected? Are they no longer patched? :P
    How is using TX gonna help them patch Switches? RCM isn't updatable on early Switches.

18. stitchxd

stitchxd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    But why? FBI/CIA/DEA/ETC have no reason to stop a custom firmware's development cycle. Unless SXOS uses code from nintendo directly, it's not illegal to use or have it.

19. Shikkichu

Shikkichu A little Pika girl~

Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    Whatever my VPN says now
    They're clearing using every SXOS switch linked together to hack the WORLD, wake up people.

vincentallen2 and stitchxd like this.
  20. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Great theory. Now tie in how TX burned down Notre Dame, and you might have a winner...

vincentallen2, TPMJB and Shikkichu like this.