iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, so after many hours of procrastination due to university revision I suddenly had a knock on my door. It was Mr Spontaneous. He has two options, one in each hand.

In one hand, he has an Xbox360 with 3 games (inc PGR3 and GoW) with extra controller
£290

In the other hand, he has a Nintendo Wii with extra controller (+nun chuck), no games
£225

Ok I don't care about the games, but I can sell them on eBay for PROFIT!11! And i'll be "acquiring games from the interwebbbs" no matter which console I choose.

He wants me to choose the best option. Now that Xbox360 deal is an absolute killer bargain...
but I need a few questions answering:

a) Which would you choose?
b) If you have both consoles, which one do you play more?
c) Which has more modchippability (I don't care about soldering, cos to put it bluntly: I'm a soldering god). I know the Wii has wiikey and Xbox360 has firmwares, but there's rumours that MS are banning flashed Xbox360s. Opinions please.
d) Which has better games.

...Bearing in mind I'm a uni student living so there's bound to be many multiplayer bashes. Yeah, Wii's multiplayer is amazingly fun, but is Xbox's really that bad?

p.s. maybe wrong forum, but I like the general forum, so shhhhush
biggrin.gif

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as ive been wanting a Wii, 4 games WITH a 360 is much more delicious and tempting than a Wii with no games
frown.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
a) Wiiiiiiiii!
b) I don't have a 360, but I do have played one. And I got to say, I think Wii is more fun.
c) don't know, but since the 360 locks out on live (is it true?) then Wii would get my point
smile.gif

d) .. hard to tell
smile.gif

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, both consoles include some sort of multiplayer entertainment (PGR3 for xbox360 and wii sports for wii) until I get the things chipped/flashed.

But I can sell those games on eBay, to make about £50-60 quid bringing the price down to £230.

By the way, the Xbox in the Xbox bundle is a Premium, not Core

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XBOX 360.

Wii definiatly was the most boring console I've ever bought.
frown.gif

Will buy myself an XBOX 360 soon too.
It's fucking great with XBOX Live and such.
And HD which the wii doesn't has.
smile.gif

Or buy a wii + modchip, also makes fun but buying games is an no-go.
ohmy.gif

€dit:
Oh , I've overread you want to play multiplayer , do you mean Splitscreen ?
Offline multiplayer ?

IF yes :
Wii ...
XBOX offline with more than 1 player isn't that great.
Most games have no option for more than 2 players.
(example : NFS Carbon gots only 2 Player (but makes fun ^^ ) )

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well... the xbox 360 has a LOT more going for it gaming wise, particulary if you're not a PC gamer, whereas the Wii only has half a dozen decent games at the moment if that.

To big the Wii up on the other hand... the Wii is unlikely to drop in price before Christmas 2008 considering how well the thing is selling, so aside from having a couple of different colours to choose from, it won't matter if you buy one now or later. If you buy one now you'll be set for good.
Whereas, Microsoft are likely to released an improved version of the xbox 360 with a 65nm GPU before xmas, which should make the machine run a bit more reliable and cooler.

So tough call in my opinion... if you don't do a lot of gaming on the PC then the Xbox 360 is a great choice.

smile.gif

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not too fussed on the game prices. If i get an Xbox360, it'd probably be flashed the next day
smile.gif
. If I get a wii, it'd have a spanking new wiikey clone in it in no time.

Why is the Wii boring? I'd mostly be buying it because of the unique interface.

But the Xbox has better (more mature) games and is more powerful and more "next gen" than the wii.

And I'd be wanting to play it with friends as well as solo.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Regarding the Xbox360 Vs PC debate....

Yeah, I used to run FPS on PC like a maniac (cs dod etc), but considering a top of the line graphics card costs me the same price as two console, I don't think PC gaming is worth it anymore. Heck, I'm still on a 6800GT AGP.

By the way guys, I'm beginning the favour the Xbox 360 a lot more now. I'm just worried about the reliability that plagues quite a few people that's mentioned in various xbox forums. Is it worth waiting for 65nm (due september-ish) for reduced heat and increased efficiency, or is the deal I mentioned (360 premium, 3.5 games [arcade live *yawn*], extra controller for £290 delivered) worth it?

Also, does the Xbox 360 have what it takes to carry it throughout it's shelflife? Cos I was one of the 10million people who owned a dreamcast, and look what happened there! Do you think the PS3 will somehow beat the wii/360 in this generation's console war?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1