• Total voters

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The wii is a lot more fun. But the only game I would buy on it is excite truck. I do like medal of honour and red steel, I would buy the originals if they were in the bargin bin. The wii is well overpriced by nintendo. Going off the price the Japanese are getting it for £100. Nintendo must be making about £100 off every wii sold in the UK.

The xbox 360 you can play copies more easily through a firmware hack. But microsoft could be banning it soon, though new firmware has been written to prevent this (If it actually works is another matter). Price wise the 360 is a proper next gen console and has a few good games on it.

slayerspud

Trophies
XP
Country
If you play more than 1hour a night, deffiently get a 360. As for modding it goes, flashing the firmware takes lik 20mins and no one has been banned off live yet.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, I was so close to buying this... And then I talked to my housemates.

I'd never had considered the PS3 at all... but I think I'm gonna wait until the end of summer, or even maybe christmas to see if the PS3 takes off. The only disadvantage is the price, but the price of consoles halfs every two years. Also the PS3 has a better upcoming line up of games. (FF13, MGS4, Tekken 6, GT5 etc etc)

What do you guys think?

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also the PS3 has a better upcoming line up of games. (FF13, MGS4, Tekken 6, GT5 etc etc)

I'm sorry, what?

The PS3 is one hell of machine, no doubt, but it's library (and upcoming library) is most definitely not a strong point.

Right now I'd say get a 360, in a year or so I'd say get a Wii. As for PS3, given the current information about it, I don't foresee any point when I'd advise getting one. Maybe that will all change in the next 18-24 months, but right now, it's not even a consideration.

thomaspajamas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I was so close to buying this... And then I talked to my housemates.

I'd never had considered the PS3 at all... but I think I'm gonna wait until the end of summer, or even maybe christmas to see if the PS3 takes off. The only disadvantage is the price, but the price of consoles halfs every two years. Also the PS3 has a better upcoming line up of games. (FF13, MGS4, Tekken 6, GT5 etc etc)

What do you guys think?

Yeah I wouldn't even consider getting a PS3 until MGS4 comes out, which is rumored to have been delayed until 2008 anyway.

And if you're waiting that long you might as well wait longer until the PS3's ridiculous price drops, and buy something like a Wii or 360 in the meantime

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On the morning of monday, I bought the xbox 360 bundle.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for costing me £300
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

pikachucrackpipe

President
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
Also the PS3 has a better upcoming line up of games. (FF13, MGS4, Tekken 6, GT5 etc etc)

uhhhhhhhh
no

have you read reviews on any of these?
notice they are all sequels (except ff) of games that were popular back in the day

nothing new or original and mgs has been sucking bad over recently years and im sad to say it but it looks like the final fantasy franchise is going to shit.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you been to xbox-scene and seen what Peter Moore has to say about the PS3. He is compairing it to the dreamcast. He will be all for microsoft but the PS3 isn't doing well at all. Not only that its too expensive and has no games that you have to buy. Sony even seems to be concentrating more on the PS2.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the moment the the 360 is a better package and value for money, of course this time next year the Wii could be. Even if it was PS3 at £290 with its 4 best (I know that'll never happen for a few years!) I'd choose 360 as its got the best games line up and seems to have a better future.

How come the Wii option doesn't include 4 games?

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Because I couldn't find a package at the time that included those 4 games

Plus the xbox console still retails for £250-280, so getting it with 4 games and an extra controller at a £290.... those deals don't come often

I've noticed curries have had some more Wii stock this morning with games, but it still couldn't match the xbox deal

In the end I went for the Xbox... At the end of the day, the ps3 price isn't going to half until 2 years in (consoles half their prices every 2 years as a rule of thumb). That'll bring it to around £200, which I might consider buying if people are suppporting it. Until then, the xbox will keep me happy
smile.gif

And I didn't choose the Wii, because 90% of the people I've spoken to who own it say it gets boring after XX number of months. I'm not in for the gimmick.

Also Halo3 beta... phwoar
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free