Hardware Console Banned. What's my next step? 'Unbanning' service?

aiXtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum, in which case feel free to let me know where to post it. My console was banned from Live just now, saying:

Console Banned
“This console has been banned for violations of the Terms of Use. To protect the Xbox LIVE service and its members, Microsoft does not provide details about console bans. There is no recourse for Terms of Use violations.”

After doing some quick research in the official Microsoft Xbox 360 forum related to banned consoles, seen here...
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2366.aspx
...and seeing that practically every answer to why someone's console was banned was, "This Xbox console has been permanently suspended from access to Xbox LIVE due to involvement in the purchase, sale, theft, or transfer of Xbox LIVE account(s). This conduct was discovered by an investigation into the activity occurring on the console." I realized that that fits my bill too, except that I didn't know that the seller I was e-mailing who was selling me the accounts (for the sake of cheap Microsoft Points) was doing something wrong and that I would get banned for transferring the sold accounts onto my console. However, it doesn't look like Microsoft unbans consoles, so my question is:

What's my next step? Are there people who online who offer a service to unban consoles? (Is that possible?) If so, is it recommended as my next step? Will everything be okay using the console online after that, as long as I don't deal with account sellers like that guy anymore?
Or, is that not possible or recommended, for some reason, and I'm better off buying a used Xbox 360 with LT+3.0 already flashed? (the firmware I use)

Thanks!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're fxcked.

Your only option is to Reset Glitch hack it (provided it's not a Xenon/Corona) and sell it.

Then buy a new or second hand 360 and flash that with LT 3.0.
Patch and burn all backups with Verbatim DVD's and burn XGD3 games with an iHAS burner.

In short.
It's NOT possible to unban your 360.
Your Keyvault is banned and will remain banned forever.

Reactions: 1 person

aiXtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! And then I can just attach my hard drive on the new console, and... download my main account? I'd be scared to download any other accounts! I hope I didn't download anything I'm too attached to... Some things that confuse me are that some downloaded game add-ons are used and saved in some games, such as costumes in fighting games, saved into the profiles. I don't imagine those can somehow be taken out, since their existence is saved in the save files. It's hard to explain but I mean games like SoulCalibur V with its character creation costume items and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 with its character costumes. Anyway looks like my first step is to try to find the cheapest used Xbox 360 core console that hopefully has LT+3.0 already on it, for the most convenience.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Recover your gamertag on the new harddrive and redownload everything you downloaded from XBLive.
It can be found in the download history.

Also all your saved games are corrupted since your box is flagged and banned.
So you'll have to start from scratch or uncorrupt them with Hashblock calc. and CON Flag remover.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've never been banned/flagged so I won't know for sure.

I do know that it will corrupt saves+GT's so I automatically assume it corrupts everything on the drive.

aiXtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand the talk of corrupt saves. This talk is scary to me because the thing I'm glad about is that only my console is banned from live, but no message about my account being banned, so my save files should be okay, because they're on my hard drive. Please don't say thoughtless things like that. If there's something I have to do or be sure to do or not do in order to keep the saved files not 'corrupt' then let me know. Such as not saving over them *after* the console ban? In which case I can just back them up and I'll be okay? Let me know. I need to retain the normal save files for SoulCalibur V because I have tons of character creations that took a lot of time.

Does anyone know where a cheap enough Xbox 360 core console pre-flashed with LT+3.0 can be found online? So far I'm trying sell.com and ioffer.com. Are there any others I should look into?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dinoh is very wrong. You can unban your console, provided you have a new keyvault. However, you will need to temporarily RGH the console to swap the keyvault. It can get expensive, so you may be better of finding another 360. Additionally you can RGH Xenon consoles. Hope this helps B-)
EDIT: Saves no longer get corrupted, .

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As far as you know you might be flagged for a long long time and accessed your saves.

Even a flagged console corrupts GT's + saves (friend of mine had a AP2.5 failure flag and it corrupted saved games + GT's)

You could use the banned box as a offline box (altought it still requires you to uncorrupt your GT every time you want to update your GS)

I wouldn't get a Core version if I where you.
Get a 360 from 2009 (bound to be a Jasper)
It doesn't overheat as much as a Xenon/Zephyr (iirc Core versions where phased out as soon as the Falcon hit the shelves)

aiXtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can ignore the scary stuff about not being able to use my precious save files when I swap my hard drive into a new console, but please let me know if there's anything I must do or -avoid- doing in order to not corrupt the save files. I imagine I could play my games offline and overwrite the saves and still be okay when I put it in the new console and load the save, use them online, etc., correct? It doesn't sound complicated to me.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can pop in your drive from your banned box and hope for the best.
Every save game that doesn't come up corrupted is salvageable by copying it to a USB.

Any other save must be extracted and uncorrupted with CON Flag remover and Hashblock Calculator.
Maybe that there are some modding tools out there that can do that for you.

As for your gamer tag.
MS bans consoles, not GT's in cases of piracy related bannings.

So I would just REDOWNLOAD it from XBlive.
That way your sure of it being as clean as it can get.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just do not play any games on the banned 360 (or create a new account if you must play, just not on your account) they wont corrupt if you never access them
I had a banned system before, and the save that corrupted was a fallout 3 autosave which was the only one that it saved too

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as you know you might be flagged for a long long time and accessed your saves.

Even a flagged console corrupts GT's + saves (friend of mine had a AP2.5 failure flag and it corrupted saved games + GT's)

You could use the banned box as a offline box (altought it still requires you to uncorrupt your GT every time you want to update your GS)

I wouldn't get a Core version if I where you.
Get a 360 from 2009 (bound to be a Jasper)
It doesn't overheat as much as a Xenon/Zephyr (iirc Core versions where phased out as soon as the Falcon hit the shelves)

aiXtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright from what Joe said it looks like I'm not risking accessing any save files on this console anymore. I'll buy a new console asap. Thanks

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you have a transfer cable from MS or are willing to gut the HDD Shell.
You could make a total backup of your harddrive incase you accidentally overwrite stuff.

That way you have a backup of your savegames on your computer which can be injected into USB memory units/harddrives.

Anyway I wish you good luck on purchasing a new 360 and staying unflagged/unbanned.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your only option is to Reset Glitch hack it (provided it's not a Xenon/Corona) and sell it.

I haven't been keeping up with the xbox scene, but Xenon are RGH-able but I think they aren't reliable.

Not sure about corona or know if fat 14717/14719 is RGH able.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Xenon is as reliable as a Zephyr at it's best.
Corona is unglitchable iirc.

Phat 14717/14719 is glitchable.
It will be the last dashboard to glitch (they say)

aiXtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
I bought a new console online that I'm awaiting. Until then I'm not touching my main profile or any of its game saves on my banned console so that nothing "corrupts" if that still happens, as a couple of people were discussing here. But when I get the new console, should I first "Download Profile" and download my main profile, and THEN pop in the hard drive that *also* contains my profile (and all-important game saves, and add-ons etc.,) or should I start by popping in my hard drive, in which case there's no need to "Download Profile" because it's already there on the hard drive? I'm guessing it doesn't matter which way I go, I just tend to worry. I don't wanna miss something important or screw anything up. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-