Consistent database corruption

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Thanks for reading.
After about an hour of use the ps4 states the database is corrupted and i lose all the games, luckily karo host has a database recovery option so i can reinstall from the backup.
It just keeps happening again and again. Everytime.
Also the homescreen keeps showing the same apps. It should show the last app used.
What do you think i should do. Change the host? What can be done about the homescreen.
Many thanks

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Thanks for reading.
After about an hour of use the ps4 states the database is corrupted and i lose all the games, luckily karo host has a database recovery option so i can reinstall from the backup.
It just keeps happening again and again. Everytime.
Also the homescreen keeps showing the same apps. It should show the last app used.
What do you think i should do. Change the host? What can be done about the homescreen.
Many thanks

Apollo also has database recovery now..

..if it’s constantly happening does it happen from a fresh robot without loading hen or anything? (In vanilla state)

If so it may be an HDD issue.

Reactions: Maupiti

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Apollo also has database recovery now..

..if it’s constantly happening does it happen from a fresh robot without loading hen or anything? (In vanilla state)

If so it may be an HDD issue.
Tried latest revision of Apollo, and the new feature of Database Backup/Recovery and also Trophies Fix is great

Reactions: KiiWii

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! I boot up the ps4, do the hack thingy with the usb flash drive, ps4 states that golden hen is loaded, then i start playing the games. About an hour or so later i get a ps4 message stating the database is corrupted and to restart the ps4. When i restart the ps4 all the games are gone but i get them back from the DB backup option in karo tools.

Is Apollo a host. I've done a search but can only find something called Apollo save tool

When you say it may be a hard drive issue do you mean internal or external hard drive

I thought i might try a different host to compare against karo and see if the DB crashing issue goes away

Do you have any thoughts on the ps4 homescreen showing the same apps all the time, it used to show the last app used

Many thanks.

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! Should i leave the ps4 switched on for a few hours and see if the DB crashes, is that what you mean

Thank you

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France

AyAPS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Maupiti j'avais pas vu que t'es un compat' :moogle:

I never had trophies disappearing after a Kernel Panic :wtf:
Only disapearred FPKGs, DLCs and FPKG's Delete option.

And I still don't see mention about Trophies in the changelog ?

However I readed that if some trophies were "cheated" via the database and weren't "really earned" (not unlocked in game by the PS4 system), these trophies will disappear after a trophy DB rebuilding.

Last edited by AyAPS,
Reactions: Maupiti

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Maupiti j'avais pas vu que t'es un compat' :moogle:

I never had trophies disappearing after a Kernel Panic :wtf:
Only disapearred FPKGs, DLCs and FPKG's Delete option.

And I still don't see mention about Trophies in the changelog ?

However I readed that if some trophies were "cheated" via the database and weren't "really earned" (not unlocked in game by the PS4 system), these trophies will disappear after a trophy DB rebuilding.
I think you're correct about trophies disappearing with a db rebuild. that could happen with the local trophy database, which fixes itself with a database rebuild. that's if that's what's modified with an unlocker.

Reactions: Maupiti and AyAPS

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the trophy tool thing in apollo might be to fix any blank trophy earned dates.
There was a script to fix that, maybe its that.

BTW I too have never had or heard of trophies dissapearing after a KP.
Yeah, didn’t expressed “correctly “, I was more thinking about blank trophies issues, that could only be fixed, before, with a script . I kind of “mixed “ DCL’s issues and 🏆 after a KP or corrupted DB 🙄

Could be to fix timestamp you think ? 🤔

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: Leeful

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah just test if it happens without hacking anything. Turn off and on/reboot console in a vanilla state and see what happens.

Okay, left ps4 on for 24 hours, no DB crash. Didn't do the hack thingy, switched on the ps4, logged in, went to homescreen and left it there. Still same homescreen problem as well, apps won't change / update

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the system is designed to pool apps with a sortPriority of 100. there are some stagnant or permanent ones like the ps store which is 6 and the library which is 1,000. if the sortPriority is 100, it should change apps' order. do not mess with this, because if you do, it will make the browser incredibly unstable. I don't know why though. there are some mods to change the order of apps, but do not use them. the browser exploit doesn't seem to like them. the guide doesn't seem to matter.

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! I'll check on the sort priority of all of the apps.
The sort priority for the games should be 100, can you please let me know what the others should be.
Some of the apps are hidden and do not appear on the home screen, these might make a difference as well.
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: That boi burning up, gonna melt those snowflakes.