Hardware Considering PSP Repair

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PSP with loose x and o buttons. Does anyone here happen to specialize in PSP repairs that could fix this issue? Any recommendations for repair sites would be appreciated too.

I also have a Nvidia Shield and have heard good things about the PSP emulator. Problem is the official compatibility listing doesn't include a lot of games. Would there happen to be a more up to date and complete listing of compatibility. If enough games run without glitching or slowdown I suppose I could consider simply using the Shield for PSP gameplay. Thanks.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
How loose are the buttons? And do they still work fine? If they do indeed work fine, then there's no real worry yet (since they're designed not to fall out the front or anything). If you're very worried, it could just be worn out rubber button pads which are very easy to replace (and cheap, too).

Not sure what official compatibility listing you're referring to, since the one on their forums (http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=1473) has like a good 800 or so games on the list.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When opening a PSP, do you take off the front or the back first? If its the front, you might have little trouble replacing the rubber pads, if its the back. Have fun with the UMD slot door thing.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
When opening a PSP, do you take off the front or the back first? If its the front, you might have little trouble replacing the rubber pads, if its the back. Have fun with the UMD slot door thing.

Last I knew, you just had to remove the face plate to get access to the rubber pads and that was it. Should be extremely easy and quick.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats good. I know clamshell devices usually require you to start from the back, working your way up to the top. Like a DS. To replace the hinge, top screen, or speakers, you have to start at the very bottom.

Luckily the PSP is built the other way it seems.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My D-pad is bad too, but I don't know if I can fix it.
When I press UP or DOWN, I can also press RIGHT ;(

Does it need replacement or just cleaning?
I didn't try to open it yet. It's a PSP 2000.

Edit:
Topic moved to PSP section.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1