connection error on mk8

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by TheDarkGreninja, Jan 1, 2015.

1. TheDarkGreninja
    OP

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    hi im new to wii u and after playing mk8 and completing it i went to try out mk online which worked fine until i had to race with other people it stopped playing as all the other guys stopped miving and came witht the error without a code. Any solutions?

2. shinkodachi

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    Could be that there was a problem on your end or the other players' end or the Mario Kart server. Nothing you can do about it most likely, so your best bet is to just try a new match. If the problems keep coming up, check your connection to see it's good. If you're on Wi-Fi then make sure it's not crowded, as other devices connected to the same Wi-Fi can affect your Wii U. If you're using a Wii LAN Adapter, then the problem likely isn't your fault.

That's the thing with online play... It either works, or it doesn't. Hope this helps! :)

3. TheDarkGreninja
    OP

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Thanks also another question, does port forwarding nintendo's game ports help at all?

4. shinkodachi

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    Port forwarding isn't necessary. Just in case you fall victim to a connection error again, check this page to see that Nintendo's servers are working: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

5. TheDarkGreninja
    OP

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Seeing as the servers were working fine and trying against seems that the problem is unknown to me.

6. shinkodachi

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    Well, just to be 100% sure it's not your connection, here are the troubleshooting steps from Nintendo: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13216/p/431

The instructions are bad, though. If you don't have port mapping and UPnP enabled, they suggest you put your Wii U in DMZ (never a good idea) and then on the last page some information on port forwarding, but Nintendo suggests forwarding the entire range of ports from 1 through 65535... :D

7. TheDarkGreninja
    OP

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Annoyingly, I can't do the range but I can do every single TPU port and I could I have and explanation on what port mapping and UPnP are? Also DMZ doesn't help anyways as my consoles been there for the whole time.

8. shinkodachi

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    If your Wii U has been in DMZ all this time then there's nothing you can do to help your situation. The problem must be elsewhere (other players' connection perhaps?)

9. TheDarkGreninja
    OP

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Damn then my last option is to buy a LAN adapter.

10. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    their worth it

11. TheDarkGreninja
    OP

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Good to know. *They're grammer my friend.

12. shinkodachi

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    It's spelled grammar.

13. TheDarkGreninja
    OP

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    haha touché

14. shinkodachi

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    My point being that nobody gives a flying Sonic's poop about grammar and misspelling online. Do yourself a favor and respect others' stay as you enjoy yours. B-)

Jiehfeng and Bladexdsl like this.
  15. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    It's worth buying a LAN-USB adapter for the Wii U the internet connection never drops and is always stable, so, considering I never had any trouble with a 3rd party LAN-USB adapter I don't really have a reason to recommend the official which costs a lot more.

Edit: Whenever I play Mario Kart 8 Online it works flawlessly but it's gotten too boring for me.

16. TheDarkGreninja
    OP

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Ok thanks

WiiCube_2013 likes this.