1. tmnr1992

OP tmnr1992 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I got a Mayflash magic NS adapter, and it is compatible with Xbox series S/X controllers, but only through a wired connection. Would it be possible to connect an Xbox wireless adapter for Windows to the Mayflash adapter to get the controller to work wirelessly on a Switch console?

I don't have an Xbox wireless adapter, so I can't check if this is possible, but since it's specifically for Windows I'm not too optimistic.

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    Nope needs to be wired

3. CanIHazWarez

CanIHazWarez GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't see why it wouldn't work. If the controller connects to the "xbox adapter" and the adapter communicates over USB to the Magic NS, why would the Magic NS not see it as a wireless (I meant to say 'wired' here) controller.

Last edited by CanIHazWarez, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    Because it's wired

5. CanIHazWarez

United States
    I mistyped. I meant to say 'wired'. But wouldn't that mean that you agree that this should work? I'm confused.

6. tmnr1992

United States
    Mayflash adapter has a usb port, so it already supports wired Xbox series S controllers. What I wanted to know is if it was possible to pair an Xbox controller to an Xbox wireless adapter, and then connect said adapter to a Mayflash adapter, so that I can, for example, connect an Xbox series S controller to a Switch console wirelessly.

7. CanIHazWarez

United States
    I understand what you're asking and I think it will work. I have a Magic NS, but the latest xbox controller I have is the 360. I can confirm that a wireless 360 controller will work when you have the receiver plugged into the Magic NS, which should mean that it's treating it like a wired controller is plugged into it. Additionally, from what Mayflash has said, it sounds like the xbox series controllers should work wirelessly in the future, after a firmware update.

8. tmnr1992

United States
    I see, that sounds promising, I'm still unsure if I should wait for a firmware update from Mayflash or get an Xbox adapter when I find a cheap one.

Last edited by tmnr1992, Apr 24, 2021
  9. DoubleDate

DoubleDate Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Here on GBAtemp is a guide where you can use a Xbox controller without the need of a dongle. Its basically connect through Bluetooth. Maybe you could try that out.

lieder1987 likes this.
  10. JustJay

JustJay GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    To answer your question OP yes I've done it, or you could do what DoubleDate says.

Edit: maybe not, I was thinking of Xbox wireless adapter for 360 not Xbox One. So I haven't done exactly what you did I used 360 controllers wirelessly using the 360 adapter.

Last edited by JustJay, Apr 24, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Connecting, controller, wirelessly