Hacking Confusing Brick

dbspanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a way to safely update to 4.2u without any bad effects, this might also fix your problem , have you followed the wii brick chart? if not doa google search for it, also, a site I have used to solve all my wii issues is wiihacks, I have fixed a few bricked wii's here. Good luck

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using bootmii is 100000x easier to get to HBC than a autoboot disc.

anyways, i say just do a nand dump right now even though your shit is not working. then restore a previous nand dump to fix your wii. then use showmiiwads to extract all your channels from the broken nand dump and install them.

Corygarry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm looking at all the answers, and I'm not to converned about losing my VC and my wiiware, if anything I'll reinstall those at a later time if necessary, otherwise it seems like I can just update my system with a non backup copy of NSMB Wii or use the Wii Restore disc version 1.31. I never made a backup of my NAND so I can't restore it through BootMii, but is there anything else I should know before I burn the Wii Restore disc or pickup a copy of New Super Mario Bros Wii? What channel would I use through the homebrew channel to load it and get the update anyway? Anyone have any final advice?

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would use MMM (Multi MOD Manager) and make a list of all ur IOSs u have then post 'em here!! lol U can also use MMM 2 update 2 either SM 4.1 or 4.2!! lol

MLRX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dn_angel000 said:
I would use MMM (Multi MOD Manager) and make a list of all ur IOSs u have then post 'em here!! lol U can also use MMM 2 update 2 either SM 4.1 or 4.2!! lol
stfu with the lols

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seems to me like you did something stupid Like I did long time ago and was to delete IOSes.

Just get a hold of cBoot2 that will load using BootMii from Boot2 (your wii).

Now cBoot2 package should have a patched WAD Manager that will load just fine, and here you'll need all IOS and SM4.x to reinstall back.

Don't by any chance install 4.3, not worth it and will be more restricted for the mods.

Find a package that contains all IOSes and SystemMenu WADs so you may resusitate that Wii, don't Install the Boot2.wad if you find any!!!!

Cheers.
yaywii.gif

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you thought you needed retail NSMB Wii for the nand formatter you actually don't, though it makes the process a little faster and safer. The formatter package gets you a basic working system menu, but you can get all of your other IOS installs with DOP-Mii after you reinstall HBC - NSMB Wii is pretty much recommended for convenience with that guide (plus it keeps things simple). You obviously don't want to try to install old IOS versions with DOP-Mii depending on your Wii.

gaojiugao

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shop59071431.taobao.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
First of all, make sure you have the CIOS249 installed. And my suggustion is a easy/safe way to get it solved.
Install Priiloader first, to see if the systemenu can be recovered, mayb it works.
And if you also got a error message screen at wii boot, try to install Darkcorp1.1 first, cause that will make sure you have all the necessary IOS for all the system versions. (Darkcorp is a series CIOS for all the system versions). And at the end, install the systemenu4.0.wad to repair the SM. But caution! not to uninstall the SM cause that will make your wii full brick.

jelmew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why install darkcorp, only has a chance of bricking him further.. He can still get to the hbc with the autobootdisc and if he updated his bootmii-install, he could simply get to the hbc (new title id, ya know). Wouldn't the easiest thing be to simpy use dopmii to reinstall his own region's system menu and ios?

edit: Btw, DO NOT update to 4.2. That won't make things better probably. It will just wipe out your bootmii-installation, which might be needed if something goes more horribly wrong along the way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes