confused about the gateway 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by towncarblue, Apr 3, 2014.

1. towncarblue
    OP

towncarblue Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2014
    United States
    i currently have 2 3ds xl's / one came with a download code for zelda and the other one came with mario luigi rpg...
    i have the latest firmwares as of 3/15/14.
    on each of the 3ds i have different games loaded into the sd cards.
    i would like to buy myself a third 3ds and have all of the preloaded/downloaded/eshop games from the other two transfered/copied into the third.

with the gateway 3ds is this possible?
    what is the highest 3ds firmware that is compatible with the newest gateway firmware?
    also how do i turn a cartridge game into a rom? i have a couple of games i would like to transfer over to the third 3ds as roms

2. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    With the gateway 3ds is this possible?
    No.

what is the highest 3ds firmware that is compatible with the newest gateway firmware?
    4.1 to 4.5

Also how do i turn a cartridge game into a rom? i have a couple of games i would like to transfer over to the third 3ds as roms
    You can only transfer if the consoles have the latest firmware.

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    you can do a system tranfer if you set emunand up on the new 3ds...not sure about system transfer with 2 3ds's to the 1 console though
    gateway allows you to dump your existing games into rom format

things you should be aware of is....
    you will probably loose your saves
    any DSi or GBA games(i.e ambasidor games) will not work in emunand so transfering them is pointless atm

4. falcon212

falcon212 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2007
    Senegal
    You can only do system transfer from one of your 3DS, you cant keep both content from two 3DS into one...

and seriously dude... third 3DS ?

5. towncarblue
    OP

towncarblue Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2014
    United States
    i have 3 children. i bought myself a 3ds so that i could play zelda [ im an old timer from the ' A LINK TO THE PAST' zelda format ] . my kids kept taking it away so i bought them a 3ds . the three kids kept fight each other so i had to time-share my 3ds .
    they wanted new games for the second 3ds [ yoshi , pokemon, etc..].
    i am interested in some of their downloaded games
    now i only can play with either 3ds when my kids go to sleep. my main gripe is that if i wanna play a certain game i have to pick one of the 3ds's .
    im pissed that i have to choose one of the 3ds to play games that the other one does not have .
    i would like to have one 3ds with all the games i wanna play ....... and it really pisses me off that i have to pay AGAIN for the same games

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    oooh the wonders of going digital with nintendo....inflated prices and no freedom

7. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Blacklisted Trader
    May 22, 2009
    United States
    I managed to get content from one 3DS without an NNID and an NNID from a second 3DS to my third 3DS' emuNAND (kids lost one and broke the other). It is possible, but you will have to call Nintendo customer service with all 3 serial numbers and some verification info (credit card numbers used for purchases and a list of software). I think it will be easier if you only have one or no NNID's on the 3DSes. Now if Gateway would fix GBA/DSiware games to work in emuNAND.