Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Objectives: get Triiforce, Triiforce MRC SS USB, and ISO forwarders (through CFG USB Loader) all working.

Optional - find a way to install WADS through YAWMM to USB NAND without getting a -1024 error after installing a single one from SD, and be able to load them PERIOD off of that HDD (fat32, only partition)

cIOS 249 rev 14 (which I need the installer for again... will get in a few minutes) works 95% with Triiforce MRC, only a few games dont work. Triiforce doesnt load at all (code dump when I select load USB nand). CFG USB loader ISO forwaders just reboot the wii. YAWMM thows a -1024 after I un/install a wad off of SD onto USB NAND, wont let me browse USB through cIOS 249

cIOS 249 rev 17 - Triiforce code dumps, didnt test MRC, didnt test ISO forwarding (though since triiforce crashes I doubt it would work) didnt test yawmm

cIOS 249 rev 19 base 38 - MRC doesnt load the games list (froze?), Triiforce will only show a few of the games in the USB NAND (normally 1 or 2, oddly it is showing 5 right now. I have over 100 though). Cfg Usb loader just reboots the wii in ISO forwarders. didnt tesy yawmm.

rev 19 base 57 (only trying this cuz the installer defaults to it) - Triiforce is only showin a few games (again). MRC freezes again at loading the games list. Not gonna bother testing the other two since it already doesnt work right.\

rev 20b base 38 - Triiforce givs a shit ton of -106 errors, then rather than showing game names it only shows a 4 letter... title ID I am guessing? anyway, games dont load on it. MRC gives ton of -106 errors too. Games dont load. Once again wont bother testing the rrest.

rev 20b base 56 (heard to try this...) - Triiforce - stack and code dump again. MRC gives a ton of -106 errors, wont load games. wont bother testing the rest again -_-

rev 20b base 57 (since it defaults to that) - Same as rev20b base 56.

So wtf do I do? I suppose getting triiforce to work is more important than MRC because of the ISO forwarders.

Would be very grateful if someone could assist me =) I am mostly getting the hang of the wii but I am still learning about it.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Best way: Triiforce MRC+ cIOS249 v17. The ISO forwarders should also work on mrc.

Really? Shame on me for not testing MRC and ISO forwarders
ohnoes.png

If I did not mention previously, my problem with ISO forwarders (made with WAD2ISO) is when I launch it, it rebots to the SM. A little while ago, though, I wondered if I had to change a default setting in WAD2ISO to make it load from USB rather than SD, as I am unsure which it defaults to. What is your opinion?

And than you very much for the prompt reply =)

Edit - MRC DOES work under rev 17, so thats a great first step
biggrin.gif
I guess my next step will be to look under the config for WAD2ISO, unless you have any specific suggestions

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH, you may wish to use uloader instead for nand emulation if you must use a custom IOS for it.

Nothing against Triiforce, I love it. But I have to admit that it hasn't worked for several of Waninkoko's recent IOSes.

The best solution, I think, is sneek. Not only do you get the advantages of usb/sd storage, you see the channels as they were meant to be seen in the system menu.

You're also free from future updates to the custom IOS breaking it, as it frequently has. Sneek and bootmii updates haven't broken anything I've seen so far. (Except maybe device support now and then. But those are usually fixed quickly and they don't break software compatibility.)

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
TBH, you may wish to use uloader instead for nand emulation if you must use a custom IOS for it.

Nothing against Triiforce, I love it. But I have to admit that it hasn't worked for several of Waninkoko's recent IOSes.

The best solution, I think, is sneek. Not only do you get the advantages of usb/sd storage, you see the channels as they were meant to be seen in the system menu.

You're also free from future updates to the custom IOS breaking it, as it frequently has. Sneek and bootmii updates haven't broken anything I've seen so far. (Except maybe device support now and then. But those are usually fixed quickly and they don't break software compatibility.)

Thanks for the tips man. I will have to check out uLoader and SNEEK (especially SNEEK) soon and now that I got a new external to work with, I can toy around. But for now, my main focus is getting this drive up and running again (I REALLY need to back this up once I get it situated... >_>) then I can play around. Thanks though =) I have been wanting to try sneek for a while but it seemed a bit complicated, so I decided to start out with triiforce. THough my wii has been hacked for a while I am still a bit of a noob at this stuff, as seen XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL