Gaming Confirmed: PSP update 6.37 is live.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
OP
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I just checked myself. Don't update your firmware to this scary new thing (it has no new features anyway) if you plan on keeping your hens and chickens! Let's assume this is just a security patch -- a safe bet, I'm sure.
unsure.gif

Update: Minna no Sukkiri is patched but signed homebrew still works.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, I guess you should be just able to resign the HEN to work with 6.37 and it should still work.

May not if they've fixed the Kernel Exploit in it, though.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
OP
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
SamAsh07 said:
Lol what does it do? Manipulate with the master key of the PSP?? Freaks.
I don't know what kind of new devilry Sony's conjured up (and I'm not updating to find out!
rofl.gif
) We'll know soon enough -- there's plenty of unwitting guinea pigs out there to test for us and report their findings.
wink.gif

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Well, I guess you should be just able to resign the HEN to work with 6.37 and it should still work.

Yes and No. If they fixed the kernel exploit plugins and back ups will no longer run but some other homebrew should still run.

N!ck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6.37 is going to get hacked by HBL, and Virtuous Flame will probably release a signed HEN for 6.37.

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
N!ck said:
6.37 is going to get hacked by HBL, and Virtuous Flame will probably release a signed HEN for 6.37.
yes HBL is going to be signed to allow homebrew but no kernal exploit = no HEN for 6.37

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
chartube12 said:
raulpica said:

Yes and No. If they fixed the kernel exploit plugins and back ups will no longer run but some other homebrew should still run.
a HEN always needs kernel access.
it makes changes to how the system runs, and you can't do that with user-mode.
an e-loader (like half-byte loader) for user-mode homebrew should still work though.

N!ck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
45gc said:
N!ck said:
yes HBL is going to be signed to allow homebrew but no kernal exploit = no HEN for 6.37
I believe that Virtuous Flame will find a way through the exploit that HBL discovers :3
Just like he did with 6.31/6.35

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
N!ck said:
45gc said:
N!ck said:
I believe that Virtuous Flame will find a way through the exploit that HBL discovers :3
Just like he did with 6.31/6.35
ehh no...he simply ported the existing kernal exploit used in 6.20 TN HEN to 6.31/6.35 where the same kernal exploit existed, in order to make the HEN for 6.31/6.35.
That was the only publicly known kernal exploit for 6.XX firmwares......so now there's no known publicly kernal exploit since its patched(i think) in 6.37.....
So unless he uses a new kernal exploit or finds a way to 'sign' an eboot with kernal privilages that could run on official firmware, the might soon to come signed HBL or signed homebrews are the only homebrew that can run on 6.37...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:
chartube12 said:
raulpica said:

a HEN always needs kernel access.
it makes changes to how the system runs, and you can't do that with user-mode.
an e-loader (like half-byte loader) for user-mode homebrew should still work though.
There's no point in an eLoader anymore when user mode homebrew can be signed and run perfectly on OFW (including this new update). Kernel mode homebrew would require a new kernel mode exploit to be found, which doesn't happen too often, and probably wouldn't be released now if it did. They'd wait a few updates I reckon before releasing another kernel mode exploit. But its not too necessary for homebrew purposes. Just allows stuff like plugins etc. via a HEN.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I bought a PSP Go yesterday and have updated it to 6.37. I have another psp running custom firmware already so i wanted another one i could keep legitimately up to date and not worry about going online and so on. Plus I wanted to connect to PSN easily so I could take advantage of the 10 free games offer.

Hen has been patched out obviously but I can run pictodrive which has been signed. I'd love it if some other emulators worked but there is only limited homebrew that will run.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sheaperd121 said:
I wonder if Hen can be used on here. Probably not as they patched it didn't they/
As said at least three times already in this thread (which is only a page and a half long), no HEN will not work because the kernel mode exploit used in it has been patched. As has the demo based exploit used to launch it up until a few days ago (when a signed version was released; however, this version still needs the kernel mode exploit which has now been patched).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1