Hacking Configurator for Configurable USB Loader

Zesu-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
The gamelist file is generated by Cfg when you save the global settings. The Configurator currently does not edit this file, but now that you have mentioned this problem, I can see that it might be useful.

I'm not sure why your manual additions didn't work. They should have.
Save Global settings? Alrighty then. Thanks. At least there's some way around this. For a second there I was staring to think this computer of mine had program executing issues. And I'm glad I could contribute to your idea trough. Well, this explains why the file didn't update anyway.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.

Everytime I make Configurator read my settings.cfg file, it shows a message saying:

'Invalid option on line 60 (invalid value for video_patch):

Continue reading other options?'

Although this is not in line 60, I know that this is the line causing the issue:
game:xxxxE01 = language:console; video:game; video_patch:sneek; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:1; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0; hooktype:vbi; write_playlog:3; clear_patches:0;

If I put an # before that line, the file is loaded fine without any issues.

Thanks.

EDIT: If I say Yes to the message above and continue editing the game settings to put video_patch:sneek, then when generating settings.cfg file again, I get error message 'There was an error: Index was outside the bonds of the array' and a blank file is generated.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
pplucky said:
Hi.

Everytime I make Configurator read my settings.cfg file, it shows a message saying:

Although this is not in line 60, I know that this is the line causing the issue:
game:xxxxE01 = language:console; video:game; video_patch:sneek; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:1; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0; hooktype:vbi; write_playlog:3; clear_patches:0;

Thanks.

EDIT: If I say Yes to the message above and continue editing the game settings to put video_patch:sneek, then when generating settings.cfg file again, I get error message 'There was an error: Index was outside the bonds of the array' and a blank file is generated.
Thanks. I must have forgotten to add that value to the setting.cfgs code. I'll fix it in the next version.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
pplucky said:
Hi.

Thanks.

Thanks. I must have forgotten to add that value to the setting.cfgs code. I'll fix it in the next version.
No worries, thank YOU.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Xiino said:
Thx Dr.Clipper fi dis tool...

I'm an Ubuntu newbie user, so I try to lunch it with mono without success...

I know I've all the mono dipendences on my ubuntu 10.04, can you tell me the right step to lunch it in my terminal..??

Thx fi di attention...

Same situation: Ubuntu 10.04, Mono 2.6.7 with all the dependencies satisfied, but I still have errors on boot.
If someone can help us, I'll provide the errors that the terminal gives me.

If I don't remember wrong, Dr.Clipper updated the .Net versions, some releases ago, right? Could it be this the problem?

Xiino

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
wiixale said:
Same situation: Ubuntu 10.04, Mono 2.6.7 with all the dependencies satisfied, but I still have errors on boot.
If someone can help us, I'll provide the errors that the terminal gives me.

If I don't remember wrong, Dr.Clipper updated the .Net versions, some releases ago, right? Could it be this the problem?

In the best "wiitaly"an forum, we've solved just installing from Ubuntu Software Centre
Code:
libmono-microsoft-visualbasic8.0-cil

then go into the Configurator folder and type:

CODEmono CfgLoaderConfigurator.exe

thx u fi di Italian translation...!

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Xiino said:
In the best "wiitaly"an forum, we've solved [...]

Uh, I do not follow that forum, so I didn't know!

It works!!! Thanks!!! ;D

EDIT: I suggest Dr. Clipper to put this solution in first post.

wasabisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sry for this because i know that ' s not important , but i know xiino and i imagine that i could confirm it. About the solution under ubuntu, this, han been discovered from LUPO96 and not from xiino, so i think is better if you change the name in the first post

Xiino

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
wasabisun said:
Sry for this because i know that ' s not important , but i know xiino and i imagine that i could confirm it. About the solution under ubuntu, this, han been discovered from LUPO96 and not from xiino, so i think is better if you change the name in the first post
I confirm it...!In fact in the original post I say that "the best "wiitaly"an forum solved it"....And in particular I've solved it with Lupo96 experience...I've have skipped it's name, because I don't know If he was a GBA member....

I am agree with wasabisun to write Lupo96 in first post, because Lupo96 is the real discover....

Thx and sorry for misunderstanding....

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First post changed
grog.gif

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v67 of the Configurator is out

Download here or use online update (via Actions menu)

Changes:
  • Options: cover_url_hq added.
  • Bug Fix: video_patch Game Settings sneek and sneek+all values fixed.
The Sample CDBs have been updated (configurator.cdb).

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v68 of the Configurator is out (at last)

Download here or use online update (via Actions menu)

Changes:
  • Options: new gui values
  • Options: gui_text_color_*, gui_window_color_*, gui_button_*, gui_bar
  • Feature: New Gui Menu Wizard (for above options)
  • Feature: Loading a theme file from a 'themes' directory sets default base directory

This is a pretty huge update with the new wizard. Here's a screenshot to show you how it looks:
guimenuwiz-1.png

The buttons simulate like they would in Cfg to a degree except for the flash effect on button clicks and the progressive zoom/shrink on hover. Check it out with the circles theme included in Cfg v68 and start tweaking on your own if you like.

This should really help with the creation of themes for Cfg's menu and to work out what the new options in v68 do.

Usage is fairly straight forward, except to know that you can double-click any button to set it into inactive mode or return to normal operation.

There are still some things I want to do when I find some more time (which may be a while). These include:
  • Speeding up the drawing code to improve performance
  • Addition of a barebones image editor to at least let you see how button and window images are partitioned for scaling with perhaps being able to edit inside the Configurator
  • Addition of Tooltips where necessary
  • Addition of the flash state for buttons (on click)
  • Addition of the new images to the Install All dialog
  • Allowing translation of the new stuff

Please test it out. It is available on the Menu or the button on the new Theme Options 4 tab. I welcome comments and feedback and I'm sure I've left a few bugs in there for you guys to find too
yaywii.gif

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
Please test it out. It is available on the Menu or the button on the new Theme Options 4 tab. I welcome comments and feedback and I'm sure I've left a few bugs in there for you guys to find too
yaywii.gif

On Ubuntu, with Mono, it crashes when opening "GUI Menu" option. But I don't know if it's really a bug!
tongue.gif

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wiixale said:
Dr. Clipper said:
yaywii.gif

On Ubuntu, with Mono, it crashes when opening "GUI Menu" option. But I don't know if it's really a bug!
tongue.gif
Interesting... Unfortunately, I can't think of what might be causing it. Try reading a theme.txt from a real theme before clicking the button. That will test if it has to do with lack of background image or something.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
Interesting... Unfortunately, I can't think of what might be causing it. Try reading a theme.txt from a real theme before clicking the button. That will test if it has to do with lack of background image or something.

Okay, I'll do it.
wink.gif

In the meanwhile, note that this does NOT occur under Windows XP SP3.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I have my cfg setup to show my game time on my Wii calender. Now if I exit one game and leave it shows up. If I exit a game, and enter another one. Only the last game played shows up. Is there a way to fix this or is that how it works?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended