Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Overseer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't seem to get games to run under Devolution. I'm using r48 and everytime I load a game under Devo I get a black screen. Games work fine under DM, the sample Devo loader or Devo through USB Loader GX.
Is there anything else I need to do? I've tried "Force Devolution" but still no joy.

rcs0926

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like an idiot, but I finally figured out what CFG was buggy with my 16 GB, Class 6 Transcend SDHC card. For all the time that I've had it, CFG has been hit or miss when it came to booting it up. I had messed around with the formatting of the card when I first bought it and eventually reformatted it using Windows. However, I recently read that Windows doesn't necessarily re-format memory sticks properly and heard that the Panasonic formatter was the way to go. I used it, and it appears that the issues with my SD card have been solved.

yoson

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
:( but do i need to update my USB loader to read the new game's ID ?
and how to transfer dozen of rar files to WBFS format ?
thanks.

live2play

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both run perfectly.
My Wii Sports just stays at a black screen when using Cios 249 base 56 d2x v8. I can't seem to get it to work regardless of the IOS I select. Are there other settings that I need to set? I also reinstalled the game just to make sure the image on the USB drive wasn't corrupted.

Overseer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't seem to get games to run under Devolution. I'm using r48 and everytime I load a game under Devo I get a black screen. Games work fine under DM, the sample Devo loader or Devo through USB Loader GX.
Is there anything else I need to do? I've tried "Force Devolution" but still no joy.
Can anyone help? Super Mario Sunshine and Super Smash Bros seem to work; but not Luigi's Mansion and Mario Kart Double Dash.

Using cfg70MODr49.

Also in regards to Devolution, should I be switching on NMM or not?

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Have anyone tried to use the partial NAND emulation with DLCs?

I've made some "researches" & got Rock Band 2 to work — all DLCs are visible & playable. But when i've tried the same algorithm with a some other titles i've failed:
  • Just Dance 3 — none of luck — just a black screen instead of loading.
  • Just Dance 4 — game starts slowly, when it's done i can browse menu, see the DLC song in the list but after a while (not so much) game shows me the screen with message like "Reading CD…" and then hangs.
  • DJ Hero 2 — game starts, all DLCs are visible, but after a few seconds (20-30 approx.) game just hangs.
All i've done is put some files into the appropriate folders:
  • NAND\ticket\00010005 — *.tik files for the corresponding games
  • NAND\title\00010005\%GAMECODE%\content — *.app (DLCs) & fresh title.tmd of the game(-s)
Is there something else i have to do?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a how to for the mod? i know things have been added and i'd like to have CFG back up and running.

just a simple here is what is new and how to use, basically.

live2play

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii Sports now works. The issue is that none of my games will load (i.e. black screen after selecting Start) if the wiird=1 option is set in my config.txt file. This used to work. Any ideas why wiird=1 is now no longer working? I'm using v70r49.

Update: I found the issue. You must set Ocarina (cheats) to On if wiird=1 or the game will not start. I set ocarina = 1 in my config.txt to resolve the issue, but it would be nice if wiird = 1 could be set without requiring cheats to be enabled in a game in order for it to start.

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my ntsc wii machine, PES 2012 PAL game doesn't work with the latest cfg laoder.
With wiiflow it works. I need the option Force-NTSC.

cfg loader has an error on Force-NTSC ?

=============================

I tested several version.
70r26, 70r27 ; works
70r28 ; can't download
70r30 + ; doesn't work

please fix it ...

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
On my ntsc wii machine, PES 2012 PAL game doesn't work with the latest cfg laoder.
With wiiflow it works. I need the option Force-NTSC.

cfg loader has an error on Force-NTSC ?

=============================

I tested several version.
70r26, 70r27 ; works
70r28 ; can't download
70r30 + ; doesn't work

please fix it ...

It's something to do with libogc 1.8.10 (70r27)and 1.8.11+(70r28+).
You can try this one but I am not sure if it will impact other
PAL games with the "Force NTSC" video mode.

toss01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Getting back into this again and trying devolution out. in cfg loader anytime i try to load a game such as luigis mansion or smash bros it flashes blue 11 times and then resets to the homebrew channel

anyone had this issue before? games run fine in Devolution basic loader... I am sure it is something small I am missing as I finally got to this stage at a snails pace

Cheers,

EDIT: Well I got it working with Wiiflow too, so something is happening here but not sure what. Going to try and go through a few revisions and see if any of the last few can play it

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Cfg loader with zelda TP theme and 20 wii games and five GC gets many memory overlap errors. It recovers after 3 or four retries.

Just mentioning if you like to check it it is not that big problem. My Wii is now fully re-softmodded and overcomed many problems but this remains.

What about dml 2.5? Did you test it? Do you have any older versions than 1.5 to share if this is allowed?

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I also cannot use Ios 249 as default in any way. I've tried to edit config file in usb loader app folder and the one in root... Nothing fixes it.

toss01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi,

Can anyone confirm if they have devolution working on this and what I may be doing wrong?

Sorry if it has been answered, I went through quite a few pages and didn't see anyone having the 11 blue light flashes then reboot issues I was having

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill