Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Fahrenheit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, is there a way to change the name CFG displays and sorts with? I got Zelda SS under Z and Legend of Zelda TW under L. It drives me nuts.
Yep, get the titles.txt, you can find it in the options.
Thank you worked perfect! Now I can find a English cover for Fatal Frame 4 I'll have nothing more to complain about.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When I try to start a game, it stucks on "Booting Wii game, please wait...". I can fix it by changing the boot IOS version, but after some time, the same thing happens with the new IOS and I have to set it back to the old one to make it work (I change between 222,223,224,249 and 250.
Could you please try this cios?
cIOS-d2x-v7alpha5.zip
It's a bit different from the regular versions and for some people it works better.

iBram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I try to start a game, it stucks on "Booting Wii game, please wait...". I can fix it by changing the boot IOS version, but after some time, the same thing happens with the new IOS and I have to set it back to the old one to make it work (I change between 222,223,224,249 and 250.
Could you please try this cios?
cIOS-d2x-v7alpha5.zip
It's a bit different from the regular versions and for some people it works better.

Ok thanks, will try it wednesday because I won't be home before then.

MdpMdp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why aren't more developed versions of CFG USB loader? The last one is 70 of 5 months ago!!!
Is there anything specific YOU think is missing?!
Exactly, CFG is complete regarding to the developer, and he is not interested in implementing emunand afaik..
Ok, I don't have new feature request, but the other loaders continue the development.I hope that the project CFG, does not end here.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why aren't more developed versions of CFG USB loader? The last one is 70 of 5 months ago!!!
Is there anything specific YOU think is missing?!
Exactly, CFG is complete regarding to the developer, and he is not interested in implementing emunand afaik..
Ok, I don't have new feature request, but the other loaders continue the development.I hope that the project CFG, does not end here.

I was thinking for a feature request for quite some time.
I don't know if it's even possible, but an option to force 4:3 or 16:9 would be nice.
I'd like to explain: Some games look sharper at 4:3 on my HDTV ( with side bars of course ) while others not only have side pillars, but are also letter boxed.
Currently, to play a game in 4:3 I have to go to the Wii system settings and set the widescreen options to 4:3 and then adjust the TV format as well. Then if I need to play a game in 16:9 I have to repeat the step.
Since there is an option in the CFG to force 4:3 or 16:9 in the general settings, I was wondering if it's possible to add the option on a per game basis from the game setting menus on the fly.
I hope it made sense !

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
When I check the IOS tab in CFG USB Loader, it says IOS245 is not installed. Is there any general recommendation of what slot a IOS245 should be based on?

Right now I have:

cIOS202[60]-v5.1R
cIOS222[38]-v5.1R
cIOS223[37]-v5.1R
cIOS224[57]-v5.1R
cIOS246[37]-d2x-v7-final
cIOS247[38]-d2x-v7-final
cIOS248[58]-d2x-v7-final
cIOS249[56]-d2x-v7-final
cIOS250[57]-d2x-v7-final

Is there any base that could be good to have more than these?

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
I've found no errors with the list I have now, but I have no base for 55. I'll use that one for now. Thanks. :-)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
When I check the IOS tab in CFG USB Loader, it says IOS245 is not installed. Is there any general recommendation of what slot a IOS245 should be based on?

Right now I have:

cIOS202[60]-v5.1R
cIOS222[38]-v5.1R
cIOS223[37]-v5.1R
cIOS224[57]-v5.1R
cIOS246[37]-d2x-v7-final
cIOS247[38]-d2x-v7-final
cIOS248[58]-d2x-v7-final
cIOS249[56]-d2x-v7-final
cIOS250[57]-d2x-v7-final

Is there any base that could be good to have more than these?
This is the recommended setup, especially for Cfg:
202[60]v5.1 rodries mod
222[38]v4
223[38+37]v4
224[57]v5.1 rodries mod
249[56] d2x v7
250[57] d2x v7

The wiiflow one installs several useless cIOS's because wiiflow doesn't let you choose what cIOS to use, but rather picks which one to use depending on the base, even if that hurts performance. It also no longer supports hermes.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still having no luck trying to load it...i can't acess the options or nothing... when i press the minus button after the time out counter it keeps going up... i even tried swtching atl dols.

X_TIGERPOWER_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question, I'm new with this. I've installed cfg usb loader v70 on my wii and I'm running cios 249. When i insert a game and I want to install it to my Western Digital My Passport Essential 320 gb usb 2.0, after a while it hangs. Some games hang at about 3 to 5 % of installation, other games hang after 50 % of installation. The percentage is the same per game every time I try. All the other functions of cfg usb loader work perfect, but the install function doesn't seem to work for me. I've downloaded some iso files from the net and I want to do something back by sharing my games so I'm eager to learn what I'm doing wrong. Can someone help me with this?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you using latest cios249 d2x v7? If not get it. Oh and check out the hdd sleep issue too, that could be a problem.

AndreasOlsson

Trophies
XP
Sorry if this have been asked before; I have a softmodded Wii and I wonder if by any chance the softmod can disappear if I do something wrong while installing Configurable USB Loader? You know, when you overwrite stuff. I already have waninokos loader but this one seem better and I want to try it out. Also it says that SD cards are preferred instead of SDHC, does SDHC still work though? Thanks.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Sorry if this have been asked before; I have a softmodded Wii and I wonder if by any chance the softmod can disappear if I do something wrong while installing Configurable USB Loader? You know, when you overwrite stuff. I already have waninokos loader but this one seem better and I want to try it out. Also it says that SD cards are preferred instead of SDHC, does SDHC still work though? Thanks.
You don't overwrite anything, just shove the app on your SD and you're ready to try it out, I think.

And yeah SDHC still works, I'm using it right now (to load apps off, not to load games)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
You don't overwrite anything, just shove the app on your SD and you're ready to try it out, I think.

And yeah SDHC still works, I'm using it right now (to load apps off, not to load games)
SD has ALWAYS been preferred over SDHC, because of compatibility issues. Since you know the one you have works, then there is no reason to stop using it.

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
USBLOADERGX glitches, the drakred theme on loader can download but not install as a file is missing, i can't update usbloadergx, and some things i click on i just get a memory dump :/

i have just installed wiiflow with no issues, i got told you can get your wii to save gamesaves to usb via usbloadergx but i couldn't find that option

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do I keep the naming of the games (on the usb cfg ) to be the same as on the hard drive?
when ever the cfg loads up it uses a diffrent naming of the games than I prefer,
I would rather have the usb cfg to show the games as I have named on the hard drive..
Thanks Bud :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water