Hacking Configurable USB Loader

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but my sister in law has an issue when trying to load the Wii disc 'Zumba Fitness' on there soft-mod Wii. She got their Wii 'soft moded' about 18 months ago and have been playing mostly back-up games from an extarnal hard drive she got as part of the soft-mod. She recently purchased 'Zumba Fitness' but when she tries to load it on the Wii it just goes to black screens after starting, the disc works fine on her freinds un-modded Wii so it looks to be an issue with her soft-mod Wii and the store will not give a refund as the game also loads when they try it in the store. She has tried other original games discs she has and they are all working fine.

Again sorry if this is the wrong section to ask but any help would be appriciated. (I'm more of a DS user and don't have a Wii myself)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
pjmorie said:
Firstly I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but my sister in law has an issue when trying to load the Wii disc 'Zumba Fitness' on there soft-mod Wii. She got their Wii 'soft moded' about 18 months ago and have been playing mostly back-up games from an extarnal hard drive she got as part of the soft-mod. She recently purchased 'Zumba Fitness' but when she tries to load it on the Wii it just goes to black screens after starting, the disc works fine on her freinds un-modded Wii so it looks to be an issue with her soft-mod Wii and the store will not give a refund as the game also loads when they try it in the store. She has tried other original games discs she has and they are all working fine.

Again sorry if this is the wrong section to ask but any help would be appriciated. (I'm more of a DS user and don't have a Wii myself)
Run and post a syscheck with the guide in my signature.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSonic2 said:
If she's loading from the original Disc and not an HDD and it just black screens, it's possible the game is missing a needed iOS. Could use Wii Mod/MMM/NUS to install it.
Yeah, you need to give more details, like Wii System Menu version.

Try checking which IOS is needed to run that game, for instance, via Wii Backup Manager.

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
pplucky said:
ShadowSonic2 said:
If she's loading from the original Disc and not an HDD and it just black screens, it's possible the game is missing a needed iOS. Could use Wii Mod/MMM/NUS to install it.
Yeah, you need to give more details, like Wii System Menu version.

Try checking which IOS is needed to run that game, for instance, via Wii Backup Manager.

She is using an original Wii disc, I'll have to try and get access to the Wii (later in the week) to try and perform a 'syscheck'. As mentioned I don't have a Wii and don't know anything about the soft-mod process but thanks for the info. I'll report back when I have more info.

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
pjmorie said:

I have magaged to borrow the Wii for a few days to see if I can sort out the issue mentioned above.
The Wii is on systems software versiosn 3.2E.
When I try and run SysCheck v2.1.0b9 it doesn't even go as far as the option to 'scan all IOS's'. It goes as far as 'getting list of titles' and then goes to a black screen with 'Exception (DSI) occurred!' at the top followed by a list of letters & numbers with 'Stack Dump' about half way down the screen.

The SysCheck v2.0.1 seems to work OK and doesn't freeze while checking any of the IOS's. The Syscheck.csv file is below:
sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS36 (rev 1042).

Region: PAL
System Menu 3.2E (v290)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 77374371
Boot2 v3

Found 94 titles.
Found 26 IOS on this console. 2 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 520): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 10): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 6): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 10): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 262): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS16 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 512): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS20 (rev 12): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 514): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS22 (rev 777): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1292): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 1039): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS33 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS34 (rev 1039): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS35 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 1042): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 3609): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 4889): No Patches
IOS53 (rev 4113): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 4633): No Patches
IOS249 (rev 13): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
BC v2
MIOS v5

Report generated on 2011/08/11.

It does say on the game box that 'the Wii must have the latest version of the Wii menu in order to play this disc' so maybe the version 3.2E firmware needs to be updated.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
pjmorie said:
The SysCheck v2.0.1 seems to work OK and doesn't freeze while checking any of the IOS's. The Syscheck.csv file is below:

System Menu 3.2E (v290)
Hollywood v0x11
Boot2 v3

Found 94 titles.

BC v2
MIOS v5

It does say on the game box that 'the Wii must have the latest version of the Wii menu in order to play this disc' so maybe the version 3.2E firmware needs to be updated.
Zumba Fitness game uses IOS56, which is not even installed in your System Menu. I would advise you to use ModMii, not WII UPDATE to update System Menu to 4.1E, for instance. Over that, you should also install updated IOS58 and IOS236 (can also get them with ModMii). And now that you're on it, also install d2x up-to-date cIOS based on 56 and 57, for best game compatibility. To finish, use Configurable Usb Loader latest version! You will not regret if you do this by the book with ModMii...

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
pjmorie said:
JoostinOnline said:
pjmorie said:

I have magaged to borrow the Wii for a few days to see if I can sort out the issue mentioned above.
The Wii is on systems software versiosn 3.2E.
When I try and run SysCheck v2.1.0b9 it doesn't even go as far as the option to 'scan all IOS's'. It goes as far as 'getting list of titles' and then goes to a black screen with 'Exception (DSI) occurred!' at the top followed by a list of letters & numbers with 'Stack Dump' about half way down the screen.

System Menu 3.2E (v290)
Hollywood v0x11
Boot2 v3

Found 94 titles.

BC v2
MIOS v5

Wow, I'm really glad you posted that syscheck. Your Wii is WAY out of date. Use ModMii (link in sig) to do a full softmod. It will update everything you need. Run the "ModMii Wizzard + Guide" and tell it your Wii is a virgin so it will update everything.

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
I've went to the ModMii link and downloaded the 'ModMii' installer program. Trouble is when I try and run the install program it gives me an error syaing 'download has failed, check your internet connection and firewall settings'. I have given the program full access rights in my McAffe firewall settings and have ran the program as Administrator (using Vista) so I don't know why it won't install.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
pjmorie said:
I've went to the ModMii link and downloaded the 'ModMii' installer program. Trouble is when I try and run the install program it gives me an error syaing 'download has failed, check your internet connection and firewall settings'. I have given the program full access rights in my McAffe firewall settings and have ran the program as Administrator (using Vista) so I don't know why it won't install.
Try disabling McAfee while installing it.

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
pjmorie said:
Try disabling McAfee while installing it.

Tried turning off the Firewall and Real Time Scanning option in McAfee but still the same error meassage?

bence0307

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help me please?
smile.gif
I'm still a noob to this and I'm trying to update it via the internet but it always tell me error >_> also I'm using it from a portable harddrive I tried to put the files in the usb-loader folder but it still says it' only v58 :S any suggestions?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bence0307 said:
Can anyone help me please?
smile.gif
I'm still a noob to this and I'm trying to update it via the internet but it always tell me error >_> also I'm using it from a portable harddrive I tried to put the files in the usb-loader folder but it still says it' only v58 :S any suggestions?
My guess is you still have the file on your SD card. Cfg will look there first.

There are two important directories and both of them can either be on the SD or on the hard drive (provided the drive is not formatted as WBFS-only). The first is /apps/usbloader which has the boot.dol and meta.xml files in it. This is the loader app directory and it is the one you should be replacing. The second is /usb-loader which contains all the support files such as images, themes and settings, and is the best place for config.txt. Each of these directories can be on either device, but you will get the best operation if you have the /usb-loader directory on the hard drive. The /apps/usbloader directory can be in either location, depending on your preferences and drive setup (e.g., if your drive is not formatted as NTFS, forwarders and the HBC can't launch the app from the hard drive, so it should be on the SD).

Once you fix this up, you should hopefully start seeing the Internet update start working too.

DanglinDave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an 80 GB ipod that i wanted to partition, i put it in disk mode and formatted to FAT32, and loaded some wii games on it, and the backup manager said it was a valid drive, but when i fire up CUL, it just stays on the "CFG" screen then says "retry....." and never loads

Glottiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
icebrg5 said:
I modded a friends wii and put cfg v70- 249 on it as well as the v10 official forwarder channel.Whenever he loaded the forwarder channel with a classic controller plugged into the wii remote it would cause a code dump.

Is this a known issue?

If it was unknown until now i might be able to get him to take a pic of it and i can upload it.
We have seen this problem reported and it only seems to occur with certain unofficial classic controllers. We don't have any of these to test with, which makes it difficult to find or fix the issue, which isn't in our code.
I have this problem and I'm 100% sure my classic controller pro is official one. It came in retail Nintendo packaging, it has Nintendo logos on the back of controller and on the end of connector. If I connect controller after I launch the game it works fine, but if controller is connected in CFG i get code dump.

Glottiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DGenerateKane said:
Does the controller have the Wii logo on the front? I've read fakes don't.
Yes it does have Wii logo. Controller I got is from Japan and my Wii is PAL. Packaging said "for sale and use in Japan only", so maybe that's the problem? It's weird because it works fine in games just not in CFG Loader.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Glottiz said:
DGenerateKane said:
Does the controller have the Wii logo on the front? I've read fakes don't.
Yes it does have Wii logo. Controller I got is from Japan and my Wii is PAL. Packaging said "for sale and use in Japan only", so maybe that's the problem? It's weird because it works fine in games just not in CFG Loader.
Let me guess, you bought it from China... I also have one like that, which even brought leaflets for Nintendo Club Japan... Still, I'm pretty sure it is not original...

Glottiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pplucky said:
Let me guess, you bought it from China... I also have one like that, which even brought leaflets for Nintendo Club Japan... Still, I'm pretty sure it is not original...
No, I bought it from UK. But after careful inspection with magnifying glass I think that controller could be a fake. Nintendo logo on connector looks a bit off compared to nunchuck that came with Wii. Guess I got scammed like many other people in here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land