cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Slimmmmmm said:
Not wanting to argue, but would d2x 246[56] and 247[57] not be better for 2 reasons. Your way breaks Triiforce etc for people that still use it (or is it working) and 6 being 6 and 7 being 7 seems the most simple thing for remembering.
I use d2x v6 246[56] and 247[57] too... and of course IOS236 for installing them...
Nintendo System 4.3 does not use slots 236,246,247, hence this softmod does not intersect with Nintendo System...
just like two separated worlds, System on one side and softmod on the other...
no more risk to see the System update stubbing the cIOS...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Spongeroberto said:
Attempting to use cfg loader 69c with classic controller pro = stack dump within seconds. Anyone else?

What happens if you start CFG as usual, navigate around with your wii mote and then plug in the classic controller? Also is this a 3rd party controller?

MarcusIronfist

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
davebaol said:
AFAIK Dr. Clipper is going to update the tutorial with d2x info.
Anyways I suggest d2x 249[56] and 250[57].

Not wanting to argue, but would d2x 246[56] and 247[57] not be better for 2 reasons. Your way breaks Triiforce etc for people that still use it (or is it working) and 6 being 6 and 7 being 7 seems the most simple thing for remembering.

Yeah, I'm prob wrong, but I don't fear learning
tongue.gif

*EDIT*

About emu nand for wii disc based saves. It's not only useful for pirates...grrr
tongue.gif

My daughter likes sims games @ ~125 blocks each, sooner or later without emu nand the sd spring gives way, unless you dont need to swap SD cards...
Also when a wii breaks, you need to start all your saves over again unless you made a backup recently, then you get a new wii and need to play every game once, make a save, delete move over old save etc. Very time consuming. Nand emu makes backups every time the files changes.
Not everyone has a drive that works with (u)SNEEK !
More reasons....cant be bothered explaining because realy a dev decides what he wants and not what I want so I'm greatful for whatever he decides to share..... which means work-arounds....

Either use (u)SNEEK, or uLoader. uLoader seems to work for 99% of people.

However you might love the cfg interface and sorting, filtering etc So make a forwarder iso that loads the games but using uloader. It will take about ~30 seconds to 1 min longer, but it works on a FAT partition using ciso. It's limits are that dual layer games can't be ran in ciso format afaik.

I would LOVE nand emu for everything, so I either need to wait for someone else to do it, do it myself or make my point and be patient.

Until I started using ModMii (during the past month), I had never even heard of SNEEK... I have been using CFG for nearly 2 years, and totally love it.

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
WiiPower said:
Spongeroberto said:
Attempting to use cfg loader 69c with classic controller pro = stack dump within seconds. Anyone else?

What happens if you start CFG as usual, navigate around with your wii mote and then plug in the classic controller? Also is this a 3rd party controller?
Having it plugged in beforehand I get the stack dump right when cfg finishes loading and right before when the games should show up.

Plugging it in when cfg is already loaded, everything works fine until I actually move the cursor with the left analog stick. Then, stack dump. I did notice that the wiimote also still operates... so maybe it's due to conflicting input data (wiimote says left while classic controller says right?). When you use the classic controller pro in the Wii system menu the wiimote gets disabled.

As to real or not... not sure, I didn't buy it myself. It looks real. It has a 'Nintendo' in the plastic at the bottom.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
Slimmmmmm said:

tongue.gif
Why use TriiForce when there is Mighty Channels? There even is a theme that makes it look like triiforce if you liked that better. Mighty Channel is just TriiForce updated and with a new name. Suporting the new d2x cIOS. And with this new cIOS there has been many bug fixes and the nand emu is way better than ever before.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IceIceBird said:
Slimmmmmm said:

tongue.gif
Why use TriiForce when there is Mighty Channels? There even is a theme that makes it look like triiforce if you liked that better. Mighty Channel is just TriiForce updated and with a new name. Suporting the new d2x cIOS. And with this new cIOS there has been many bug fixes and the nand emu is way better than ever before.

I tried MC v11.1 on Super Metroid with the apploader boot method, code dump. Same with TriiForce works.

The online stuff for WiiWare might work with the apploader method, but if you can't use it at all in MC...

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
IceIceBird said:
Slimmmmmm said:

tongue.gif

I tried MC v11.1 on Super Metroid with the apploader boot method, code dump. Same with TriiForce works.

The online stuff for WiiWare might work with the apploader method, but if you can't use it at all in MC...
Who's cIOS and what version did you try this with?

solidhit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello guys, you know I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if there was a screen saver for CFG loader?

It doesn't have to be anything like an aquarium, a simple screensaver like the one in WiiMC would be fine...

Or how about just playing a video with gameplay scenes...

Or even better, there are so many game box animations already in the program, how about scrolling through the games randomly selecting animation...

There are so many simple (in my eyes) things that could be done, I've been thinking about this for a while but the reason I finally write this is I recently forgot my television (CRT 29" Philips, great TV by the way) on for two days because I had to be somewhere and now I have BLUE 2011 theme carved forever on its phosphor!

I don't mind but it would be nice if oggzee gave a look into it!

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@solidhit is that TV a LED? if so there is an app for your pc that will connect to you pc via hdmi; basically this will flush your screen of any burnded in images
tongue.gif

solidhit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@kylster: Very interesting to know that but as I mention in my previous message, it's a relatively old CRT (the fat ones!). As I read, because of the way the Wii OS works, there cannot be a screensaver defined globally that will work for every application or game we launch. So it is up to the running program to provide its own screensaver.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
solidhit said:
Hello guys, you know I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if there was a screen saver for CFG loader?
It doesn't have to be anything like an aquarium, a simple screensaver like the one in WiiMC would be fine...
Or how about just playing a video with gameplay scenes...
Or even better, there are so many game box animations already in the program, how about scrolling through the games randomly selecting animation...
There are so many simple (in my eyes) things that could be done, I've been thinking about this for a while but the reason I finally write this is I recently forgot my television (CRT 29" Philips, great TV by the way) on for two days because I had to be somewhere and now I have BLUE 2011 theme carved forever on its phosphor!
I don't mind but it would be nice if oggzee gave a look into it!
That was already planned to be done someday we just didn't have time for that.
But I agree it would be useful, i have a plasma and i frequently have burned-in the homebrew channel
smile.gif

Fortunately the burn-in disappears in a day or so...

solidhit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Good to hear that oggzee, thank god the BLUE 2011 theme was active, my previous theme was awful and I'd have to stare at it whenever my TV was off.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
IceIceBird there are many people who would want to keep Triiforce working because they have invested a lot of time into it. I could give a huge list of reasons (and workarounds) but lets not post in this thread.

I'm only really posting to say screen saver +1

MarcusIronfist

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
@solidhit is that TV a LED? if so there is an app for your pc that will connect to you pc via hdmi; basically this will flush your screen of any burnded in images
tongue.gif

Lol, is there an app like that to fix the "red and green blob" problem with a classic CRT? (I have a Philips Magnavox 27" that is dying a slow painful death...)

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
You can fix this sometimes (on LCD, I'm not sure about plasma or crt) but it is a long winded process.

It involves hooking your tv upto a pc and having a pure white screen displayed (it could take days or even weeks in extreme cases) it this doesn't work you can edit the white image to account for the area. It's a little complex and unrelated to this topic so you should google. Your brand of TV is VERY important too. If you do this wrong you can make things worse.

wanikta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a wd elements 2.5tb and with 68d works fine but if I upgrade to version 69 the hard disk does not load. I guess it's a defect of the loader or not?

Sorry for my english.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)