Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
chop said:
A little help with themes please,

I'm using the supplied cfg_simple theme, it's the best one for my kids to use (and me as well) but I'd like to tweek it a little

I've changed the covers to 3d with 'cover_style=3d' but there slightly smaller than the 2d ones can the size be increased, also when I select a game can I switch the 'banner sound' picture to the disc.

Thanks in advance.
There are many options to change the themes, it is probably best to have a look at the tool tips on the theme options in the Configurator or to check out my Configurable Options help page. The Configurator will also let you see how some of the options will directly affect the theme by giving you a preview. In this case, you probably want to be looking into the covers_size option.

As for viewing the discs, there is no way to change just the cover image shown on the confirm screen. You can set it up so that you have the full 3D covers in the coverflow GUI modes and disc art in all the console modes. This means that all the console screens will show the discs, but the GUI will show you the full covers. You do that by just setting cover_style=disc. gui=start is useful for this setup too, of course. Save your favourite startup GUI mode with the gui_style option or by saving the Global Settings (push 1 twice then push 2)

winny.uk said:
I'm a bit confused by the recommended cios for cfg. This article gwht IOSes explained
mentions:-

QUOTE said:
In v4 of Hermes' (the version recommended for Cfg)...

...but then goes on to say the best combination is:-

248 rev20 based on 56 - for most things.
247 rev20 based on 57 - for Call of Duty: Black Ops and any other games you have trouble with
224 v5.1 based on 37 - Most compatible Hermes' version

I've always used Hermes and not had problems with it, so I currently use the cfg-222 builds. Would it be possible to clarify the current cios recommendations for cfg in the first post?
Cfg started supporting Hermes' 5.1 a few months ago now. I only recently updated the tutorial to reflect that and forgot to update that particular piece of information. I also only suggest the use of the 224 slot as it is not yet stubbed by Nintendo's update code, and meta.xml argument support means that you no longer need to have something installed in the 249 or 222 slots.

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
iv been playing around with the configurator (v62.1) and now have a few problems

it wasnt saving my profiles favourites
and has now just stopped loading my settings.cfg

also i have been playing with the profile favourites is there anyway i can set each profile to a certain filter (in the main menu - filter games) eg all, racing, kids etc

as when finally got a few to select as favourites it still shows the whole games menu anyway

im looking for an option of setting each game to a profile and only display the games that are ticked for that profile

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey something i just noticed with your Loader oggzee...
when downlaoding the Covers if u use the errow keys and not A u can actualy set it to redownlaod every Cover again

Left = Redownload All
Right = Just Like pressing "A"

Does this Affect anything elts in the loader ?
or is this just a side effect of something elts .. ? iv not seen anykinda information on this . unless iv missed it

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
so what slots are available with cgf loader??

i read back on page 885 2 more are available
QUOTE said:
Added 2 more slots for waninkoko cios: 245, 246

so is it 245, 246 249, 250
and
222, 223 ,224?

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mistman360 said:
I get "error custome iso249 is stub" and tells me to reinstall iso249 any 1 tell me wht i need to do that? or a fix?

u need to reinstall CiosX Slot 249 or Setup in the USBConfig settings to use the Ios that is your CIOS..
if your on a new wii and your just moding your wii then u will need to fallow the guides in the Hacking section of the forum ..

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
cambric said:
Ok now it is clear...
just an idea to let everybody understand:
if waninkoko ios is rev17 or less and hermes ios is rev3 or less then write in the startup screen something like "WBFS only access"
otherwise show something like "FAT32/NTFS/EXT3 access enabled"
of course, this is just a two cent idea...
thanks for your awesome job,
cambo
You're right, that would be more clear, but i'll just leave it as is for now.
Thanks a lot Oggzee for your attention. The best in the startup screen would be something like:

v64
cIOS249 rev20 base56
WBFS/FAT32/NTFS/EXT3 access enabled

or

v64
cIOS249 rev17 base38
WBFS access only

Happy year 2011

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Skiller said:
Hey something i just noticed with your Loader oggzee...
when downlaoding the Covers if u use the errow keys and not A u can actualy set it to redownlaod every Cover again
Left = Redownload All
Right = Just Like pressing "A"
Does this Affect anything elts in the loader ?
or is this just a side effect of something elts .. ? iv not seen anykinda information on this . unless iv missed it
It's mentioned in the readme, under "Downloading covers" line 240.

bert02 said:
so what slots are available with cgf loader??
i read back on page 885 2 more are available QUOTEAdded 2 more slots for waninkoko cios: 245, 246
so is it 245, 246 249, 250
and
222, 223 ,224?
It's mentioned in the readme, line 37 but i see the first post of this thread needs to be updated...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bert02 said:
iv been playing around with the configurator (v62.1) and now have a few problems

it wasnt saving my profiles favourites
and has now just stopped loading my settings.cfg

also i have been playing with the profile favourites is there anyway i can set each profile to a certain filter (in the main menu - filter games) eg all, racing, kids etc

as when finally got a few to select as favourites it still shows the whole games menu anyway

im looking for an option of setting each game to a profile and only display the games that are ticked for that profile
If you only want to see the games marked as favourites, switch to favorites-only mode. The default button for this is button 2. However, given you are going with profiles, I'd suggest you turn button_2 into the profile switch action and set Cfg to start in favorites-only mode. To do that, just use the following options:

start_favorites=1
button_2=profile

As for your profiles not saving in the Configurator, are you remembering to save back to settings.cfg after you are done? I probably should add a warning message on exit about that... Look for it in a future version. With it not reading the file, perhaps you should PM me a copy of it or something so that I can see what the problem is.

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello!
smile.gif

When I am playing a game with Configurable USB Loader and pause the game and then turn off my Wii using the Power button (on the WiiRemote or on the Wii itself), my external USB Hard-Drive does some weird sound just like when it is reading/writing something and there's a power failure and it stops spinning abruptly...
blink.gif
unsure.gif

I'm not exactly sure, but I think that would probably damage/corrupt the Hard-Drive in the long term...
frown.gif

So, I would like to know if it was possible for example to "hijack" the Shutdown button (both on the Wii and the WiiRemote) callback function to perform a safe Un-Mount of the hard-drive just before the Wii shuts down!
rolleyes.gif

I think it would be a pretty useful feature to extend the life of the HDD!
wink.gif

Could that be done?
tongue.gif

Jox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XICO2KX said:
Hello!
smile.gif

When I am playing a game with Configurable USB Loader and pause the game and then turn off my Wii using the Power button (on the WiiRemote or on the Wii itself), my external USB Hard-Drive does some weird sound just like when it is reading/writing something and there's a power failure and it stops spinning abruptly...
blink.gif
unsure.gif

I'm not exactly sure, but I think that would probably damage/corrupt the Hard-Drive in the long term...
frown.gif

So, I would like to know if it was possible for example to "hijack" the Shutdown button (both on the Wii and the WiiRemote) callback function to perform a safe Un-Mount of the hard-drive just before the Wii shuts down!
rolleyes.gif

I think it would be a pretty useful feature to extend the life of the HDD!
wink.gif

Could that be done?
tongue.gif

why would anybody do the above mentioned???

you don't turn a computer off (with hardware power button) while a game is in pause...

the Wii is nothing else than a computer...

capple123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is becoming overwhelming. Is there an official feature request area. And/or has it been ask to some how have the loader not only report game run time to the system(Long time ago this was a big issue) how about it E-mail you the time. I know in our house its not to big of an issue but it would be nice to know with a simple e-mail that COD BO was played for 1hr. Then I can be sure that I'm getting over and hour of school studies. Right now my deal with my son is pc/wii time must be less then Study time.

webugoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Cfg USB loader is set for 250. If I run the online update,, will anything go wrong? or is it better to update manually and edit the config.txt

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
abdias said:
hey oggzee!
what do you think about these: intro.jpg intro1.jpg
They're good. But I'm not sure if i want to change it again so soon...

QUOTE(webugoy @ Jan 3 2011, 06:12 AM) My Cfg USB loader is set for 250. If I run the online update,, will anything go wrong? or is it better to update manually and edit the config.txt
It should be fine, just do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY