Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Ato Puro said:
I updated to 61b6, made all the changes you told me (no 1 after music path, lower cases etc.) and it's working great now. Just one problem left: the dual layer thing. I've tried to install SSBB again and again but I keep getting "ERROR ret = -2" or something like that (I just turned the Wii off and preparing to go to bet...). Then if I choose to download cover, I get invalid game ID. Then I'm left with the "Eject DVD" and "Return" options. Yes, it's an original disc, I can play it from the disc channel (no scratches or anything like that) but my Wii drive's been making louder and louder noises, that's why I've been using USB Loader. Any idea regarding this install problem?

Once again, thanks a lot regarding everything else.
Did you update your IOS249 yet? I have no clue what the problem is if it isn't that.

QUOTE(codezer0 @ Nov 27 2010, 10:50 AM) Okay, here's my issue:

Was running v60-222 release of cfg-usb loader. after freshly rehacking my Wii using ModWii 4.3.5, I was finally able to get to play Goldeneye.

However, just now I wanted to start it up and play again, except... I can't. Let me explain. It loads the game fine, and the various boot screens start up, but once the game is running, it won't respond to the controller - at all. Neither the Wii remote nor the Classic Controller will get any response from it. I can press the Home button and get that screen, but the game itself refuses to respond to any buttons.

Needless to say, this is quite frustrating. I've also since tried updating to v61b6-222, and even that has refused to load the game for me. This is all the more frustrating because I don't remember changing any settings after the initial re-mod to get the game working right.
hate2.gif
You don't happen to have a GameCube controller plugged in do you? It might be taking over the slot.

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Dr. Clipper said:
Ato Puro said:
I updated to 61b6, made all the changes you told me (no 1 after music path, lower cases etc.) and it's working great now. Just one problem left: the dual layer thing. I've tried to install SSBB again and again but I keep getting "ERROR ret = -2" or something like that (I just turned the Wii off and preparing to go to bet...). Then if I choose to download cover, I get invalid game ID. Then I'm left with the "Eject DVD" and "Return" options. Yes, it's an original disc, I can play it from the disc channel (no scratches or anything like that) but my Wii drive's been making louder and louder noises, that's why I've been using USB Loader. Any idea regarding this install problem?

Once again, thanks a lot regarding everything else.
Did you update your IOS249 yet? I have no clue what the problem is if it isn't that.

Yeah, I knew I forgot to mention something... Yes, I used ModMii 4.3.5 to softmod my Wii and according to the list of wads, I have cIOS249[56]-v20. That should be the lastest one, if i'm not wrong. But I also tried Hermes 222-v5 and I get the same error. I also can't use the HBBrowser (also an error, after retrieving codemii.com's IP address) so I guess I'll have to live with these two... Maybe a future release of CFG and HBC might fix these errors, indirectly. Thanks anyway. All the other issues were the main concern.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
codezer0 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
You don't happen to have a GameCube controller plugged in do you? It might be taking over the slot.
Yes, I do. But I was to understand that Wii controllers took precedence when playing a Wii game.
Some games that support GCN controllers give them priority. It would definitely explain your situation if that is what is happening. Did you check which slot the Wii remote was being assigned to on the player LEDs?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
codezer0 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Yes, I do. But I was to understand that Wii controllers took precedence when playing a Wii game.
Some games that support GCN controllers give them priority. It would definitely explain your situation if that is what is happening. Did you check which slot the Wii remote was being assigned to on the player LEDs?
It's always been the first. Only use one wii mote at a time. or one controller at a time. Anyways, unplugging the GC controllers seems to do the trick.

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
Wait, your SD card is formatted in NTFS? How come you're not using FAT? Can you load stuff from SD using HBC? I take it you can't since it doesn't support NTFS...

No wait a minute, the size reported is in GB so that means that's 1.8 TB meaning the partition table you have written down is from the USB HDD not of the SD card!? Do this: using v60 go to global options, select device -> SD and then go to select partition, and write down the table or best: make a screenshot...
As you noticed correctly, that applied to my HDD.
I don't know how to make a screenshot but I wrote down the results for the SD (which seem weird indeed), it's:
RAW 0.00 FAT1 sd:[USED]

Note that USB Loader tried to access NTFS1 when I switched to SD which failed. This is prolly because I pre-configured it to access NTFS1 partition in configs.txt.
What do you think is the issue with my Wii? Loading apps, configs, ROMs and images from SD card works fine but it seems that it isn't recognized from within USB Loader?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
leavemealone347 said:
I am kind of confused. How can I install CFG as a channel without dependencies on the SD card? And if I do this can CFG still auto update?
We don't support full channel installs. However, you can just put the apps directory on the USB drive if you have it formatted as FAT or NTFS, which would remove all dependency on the SD card. A full install would indeed disable auto update, but putting the app on the hard drive will still allow it.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
Note that USB Loader tried to access NTFS1 when I switched to SD which failed. This is prolly because I pre-configured it to access NTFS1 partition in configs.txt.
What do you think is the issue with my Wii? Loading apps, configs, ROMs and images from SD card works fine but it seems that it isn't recognized from within USB Loader?
Ok I have revisited the raw fs detection and it was broken, i'll make a fix asap.

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee said:
MadBob said:
I used 222 out of sheer desperation, I have tried 249 r17 (this seems most stable for me) 249 [57] r20, and god knows how many other combinations. only needed to alter to cope with CODBO, I have tried lots of combinations and they all did the same thing, hung either at the black Loading .... screen, or before actually leaving your CFG menu, this can be resolved by switching off on which is strange. I will run the verbose debug version and let you know the results. but 249[57] r20 doesn't even boot my HDD. whereas 249[36?] r17 at least lets me play all other games.
EDIT:
Can't be much help as no idea how to enable debug in meta.xml and 61t3 doesn't load my USB HDD at all. tried enabling debug using configurator but that does nothing I can see.
Well, if waninkoko cios doesn't support your drive there's little I can do to help.

QUOTE(MadBob @ Nov 26 2010, 08:36 PM) Just trying it again to see what I did wrong.
OK I loaded using debug, I have 249[37?] r17 (tried 249 [57] r20 and it keeps hanging which was why I used 222 previously), and 250[57] r20 and CODBO hangs when loading with 250.
This is interesting because apparently the hdd is initialized properly and a 1.5TB drive is detected.
However when it tries to load from the drive it hangs...
But still I don't think I can do anything to make it work for you.
Hmm, does it work with any other loader using the waninkoko cios (from USB)? (i guess not?)

Interesting indeed as it is 400GB

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
MadBob said:
Interesting indeed as it is 400GB
Ah, sorry you're right, I mis-calculated the capacity...
781422767*512 = 400088456704 = 400 GB
But i still don't know why waninkoko's cios doesn't like your drive

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS, vaguerant: let me know if this fixes it.
Yes, it's fixed - great work!
lecture.gif

Now I can finally start to use v61.

I have 3 things to note left...
1. USB Loader crashes (seemingly) randomly if I try to let it download all missing covers. This happens after some covers are downloaded or skipped and simply reboots the Wii, no stack dump available.
2. A feature request: how about an option to download cheats for all games? Maybe with an option to exclude some games from that feature
blush.gif

3. Is it possible to move the cheats and cover folders to the HDD and let USB Loader load it from there?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
oggzee said:
Yes, it's fixed - great work!
lecture.gif

Now I can finally start to use v61.

I have 3 things to note left...
1. USB Loader crashes (seemingly) randomly if I try to let it download all missing covers. This happens after some covers are downloaded or skipped and simply reboots the Wii, no stack dump available.
2. A feature request: how about an option to download cheats for all games? Maybe with an option to exclude some games from that feature
blush.gif

3. Is it possible to move the cheats and cover folders to the HDD and let USB Loader load it from there?
1. It's possible you either have a corrupt image or you are trying to download from a bad site. Try renaming your image folder temporarily and trying to download all of them fresh. Are you using the defaults or have you set your own urls?
2. Not going to happen.
3. You can, but I think only if you move the whole usb-loader folder over to the USB. You should probably do that, though. (assuming you are not using WBFS formatting here).

gotchapt

Trophies
XP
Country
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
oggzee said:

This happens to me too.

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr. Clipper said:
1. It's possible you either have a corrupt image or you are trying to download from a bad site. Try renaming your image folder temporarily and trying to download all of them fresh. Are you using the defaults or have you set your own urls?
Default URLs. I don't know how to change them or rather which URLs to add to retrieve all images (some are downloaded via WiiDB as there were no covers via USB Loader update).

QUOTE said:
2. Not going to happen.
Out of curiosity: why? It'd simply things a lot for me - and I think also for others
smile.gif

Or downloading custom cheats (e.g. NTSC cheats for PAL games) - that'd be great, too.

3. You can, but I think only if you move the whole usb-loader folder over to the USB. You should probably do that, though. (assuming you are not using WBFS formatting here).
Hmmm... but the forwarder is poiting to my SD card and I don't know if I can load channels off the SD (Wii FW4.1).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay