Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Bloodlust said:
So it works with rev20? Apologies as all the while I have been using hermes 222/223 & I had no idea that FAT32 now works...
Games on FAT23 work with waninkoko's cios since rev18 both on USB and SD.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oggzee said:
Bloodlust said:
So it works with rev20? Apologies as all the while I have been using hermes 222/223 & I had no idea that FAT32 now works...
Games on FAT23 work with waninkoko's cios since rev18 both on USB and SD.

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe I should wait for rev 21 since triiforce doesn't work ATM with rev20..

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Dr. Clipper said:
You can't put .iso versions of games on a FAT partition (.wbfs are OK). You will need a cIOS installed to play games off the SD FAT partition. Wanin's has the best compatibility with FAT SD partitions, so I strongly suggest you install IOS249 rev 20 base 56.QUOTE(oggzee @ Aug 6 2010, 09:06 AM) Games on FAT23 work with waninkoko's cios since rev18 both on USB and SD.
Thank you for the quick answers, Dr.Clipper and oggzee!
wink.gif

Ok, I understand!
wink2.gif

Just another question I just remembered, if you don't mind!
tongue.gif

For example, un-modded Wiis already come with Nintendo's IOSes that have the ability to read/write FAT and FAT32 (when we insert a SD card, we can access it just fine)...
rolleyes.gif

So, why don't you just re-use those predefined native IOSes then?
huh.gif

If they are already there, why can't that be done? Or is it too difficult?
wacko.gif

SaiBork

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The problem with an .iso is that its bigger than 4GB and FAT32 won't allow that. Hence you need to convert them to .wbfs first.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XICO2KX said:
For example, un-modded Wiis already come with Nintendo's IOSes that have the ability to read/write FAT and FAT32 (when we insert a SD card, we can access it just fine)...
rolleyes.gif

So, why don't you just re-use those predefined native IOSes then?
huh.gif

If they are already there, why can't that be done? Or is it too difficult?
wacko.gif
Reading form USB/SD is not the problem.
Redirecting a DVD read command somewhere else is.
Customing a IOS (eg to solve that problem) makes it a cIOS by definition.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
ChaosEnergy said:
cfgLoader 58a
ciosX 250 (56)
HDD NTFS

Guitar Hero 5 (PAL) runs fine, with wanins and hermes v4 (37+38)
Guitar Hero 5 (NTSC) runs with hermes, but with wanins I get following message:

IOS (250)..[FRAG]...
Error: setting up fragments 0 7
ID mismatch: [SXEE52] []
after button: Error: SetWBFS: -1

Both games have been copied to HDD with same revision of cfgLoader some time ago, both have been ripped on correct WI
So NTSC on a NTSC Wii
Pal on a Pal Wii

Both work fine in Hermes, so what could be reason for the error with wanins new cios and the NTSC iso?

Strange problem, I'm sorry but I don't know why one game would work but the other not.
That's rev20 right? What happens if you use 249 slot? I suppose you have some other base ios there, but still i'd like to know if it ate least tries to run the game... or is the same error? What if you install with base 56 to some other slot like 248 or 247, (which bases do you have there?)

OK
ripped the game via LG and rawdump 2.1 again

took wbfsfile 2.9 and this time used a fat hdd, s splitted files
ntsc version now works..

So i checked md5 values of my 1st iso, and the fresh ripped iso
both identical

OK..so maybe an issue with iso and ntfs...
transfered it with wbfsfile to the ntfs hdd..
started...works

compared md5 from working and not working game...
not the same

that means the issue is only possible during copying with wbfsfile
maybe some strange things happened between here and bit and byte world..

Just happened again on my FAT testdrive, worked ~5times, than I got the fragment error, restart of loader and game laods again...

padfoot07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Just wanted to ask if an external hard drive (with an external power supply) would still be able to play ISO files, while it has been formatted to WBFS. Thanks.

Jpaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read about some people who found rev20 of Waninkoko's cIOS faster and more compatible with their games on a FAT32 partition. Since the "FAT version" of Cfg Loader is still called Cfg-222, I suppose Hermes is still better? I'd like to use a FAT partition, but Hermes v4 is kinda outdated. Shouldn't Cfg Loader handle FAT better with Waninkoko's rev20?

pepper453

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to load directly to SD card Partition 1, when I boot I have to select sd card, mounting fails, have to press a, then press partition 1.

msaraiva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jpaa said:
I've read about some people who found rev20 of Waninkoko's cIOS faster and more compatible with their games on a FAT32 partition. Since the "FAT version" of Cfg Loader is still called Cfg-222, I suppose Hermes is still better? I'd like to use a FAT partition, but Hermes v4 is kinda outdated. Shouldn't Cfg Loader handle FAT better with Waninkoko's rev20?

Regular CFG Loader (not just 222 version) can use rev20 with FAT/NTFS partitions, that's what i'm using.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Jpaa said:
-222 is not a "FAT version" any more. Yes, it defaults the partition option to FAT1 instead of WBFS1, but that is mostly for backwards compatibility with config.txt files that were using the old -fat version. There is nothing stopping you from adding partition=fat1 to config.txt or settings.cfg with the plain Cfg version.

QUOTE(pepper453 @ Aug 8 2010, 06:31 AM) Is there a way to load directly to SD card Partition 1, when I boot I have to select sd card, mounting fails, have to press a, then press partition 1.
Yes. You need to add your device and partition options to config.txt or settings.cfg. The easiest way to do that is to choose which ones you want then save the global settings (they will be saved into settings.cfg for you). Global settings are reached by pushing 1 twice, then you push 2 to save. Alternatively, use the Configurator.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it at all strange that I have a HDD that works w/ the 222 version of CFG and not the 'standard' edition, i.e. 222 can see my HDD while the standard version cannot? Is this typical for people that have HDDs that won't respond with 57?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Ergo said:
Is it at all strange that I have a HDD that works w/ the 222 version of CFG and not the 'standard' edition, i.e. 222 can see my HDD while the standard version cannot? Is this typical for people that have HDDs that won't respond with 57?
Yes, there are many drives like this. Try a range of 249 bases as it is just possible one has better compatibility.

werewolferx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.adamra.com
XP
Country
Mexico
werewolferx said:
Dr. Clipper, possibly this won't make a notice, but here it goes, a good option for CFG USB Loader can be the automatic download of cheat codes for all games in hard disk, or, an automatic update for current cheat codes installed, either can be grateful.

Hope this helps grow the best USB loader in the scene.
smileipb2.png

Well, seems noone answer my question or propossal, hope DrClipper can check and answer me.

roflwaffles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bit of trouble with isos off of a NTFS drive-the drive is recognized but no games are found.
the filetree right now is drive>wbfs>games>R49J
and drive>wbfs>games>R49
which are both two gameID codes i switched out for the filename, which i also tried without successes.
Anyone know what i am doing wrong?

DasI

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, All!

Have 640GB USB HDD with single NTFS partition. Have CIOSx rev19 and Hermes 222/223 installed. Successfully playing *.wbfs files with CFG USB Loader.

Tried upgrading CIOSx to rev20b(default settings: base 57, slot 249) without success. It cannot mount USB drive after upgrade - it just timeouts after 30 seconds countdown. And also I've noticed that Homebrew Browser also reports that it is unable to mount USB HDD... When returning back to rev19 - everything is working again.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries