Hacking Configurable USB Loader

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OncleJulien said:
packerpride17 said:
Can someone give me a quick rundown on what the [FRAG] is at the bottom right when it loads - I've never had this before but after a banner brick I reinstalled everything. What does it mean?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=2850441

i get frag too but i dont have fat or ntfs... it appeared ever since i use ios249 rev19, but doesnt really bother me
wink.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
packerpride17 said:
Can someone give me a quick rundown on what the [FRAG] is at the bottom right when it loads - I've never had this before but after a banner brick I reinstalled everything. What does it mean?
It means that oggzee's fragment patch which allows games to read FAT and NTFS drives has been applied.

QUOTE(fudgi @ Jun 10 2010, 07:30 AM) can you enable the disc within the loader or do i have to set it in the settings, because ive never been able to see the disc
Like almost all the settings of Cfg, you need to add it to config.txt. "cover_style=disc" is the line you need for that. It's also a theme option, so you could add it to theme.txt of selected themes if you prefer.

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
Update to 57b4 - PoP is fixed and cheats still work.

Just updated to 57b6-222, what are the settings to make it work? Mine freezes after the intro/splash screens where it's supposed to go to the main menu.

I see the sands swirl away from the ubisoft logo, the dolby logo, the tag fighting logo, the fine print, then blackness. A second after that my hd light quits blinking and then after a few seconds blinks for like one second then repeats the pause, blink, pause indefinitely.
Is there something else I have to update to run it? Everything else new runs except POP.

I've tried with no special settings, tried with force english, anti-002 fix, block ios reload, nothing seems to work.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
schooluser said:
George Dawes said:

Just updated to 57b6, what are the settings to make it work? Mine freezes after the intro/splash screens where it's supposed to go to the main menu.

Is there something else I have to update to run it? Everything else new runs except POP.
Set the Clear Patches option to On or All

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, will try that.

Edit--

Clear patches=on

Not even splash screens now.

Edit--

Ok, tried clear patches all and it goes further, but I noticed in that mode ocarina blacks out.

Funny thing is, when clear patches all is on, it sets the options to default, but I can set them to the exact same settings and it still doesn't work unless I have clear patches all.

What other patches are being applied that need to be undone for it to work?

With no patches it plays fine and lets me save, does that mean I can't use ocarina with it or will you guys be working on a way to just allow one patch at a time and exclude other patches that we previously haven't had control over?

SquareWheel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find beta6-222 is unable to mount my USB stick. During the (very slow) countup, I'll remove and plug the stick back in and it mounts it properly, but it still will not play games correctly.

Not that this is a problem, I use 249, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
schooluser said:
Ah, will try that.
What other patches are being applied that need to be undone for it to work?

With no patches it plays fine and lets me save, does that mean I can't use ocarina with it or will you guys be working on a way to just allow one patch at a time and exclude other patches that we previously haven't had control over?
The other patches (patched by both 'On' and 'All') are the return_to_channel patch and the disc in drive check patch used for Hermes' IOS. You can't have any patches on if you want to play the game, and that includes Ocarina patches. It is possible to use Ocarina if you have a USB Gecko, though, as you can properly delay application of the patch until the initial check is already complete. I think somebody was working on a patch to try to delay the application of cheats without a USB Gecko, but I don't know if it ever worked.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
SquareWheel said:
I find beta6-222 is unable to mount my USB stick. During the (very slow) countup, I'll remove and plug the stick back in and it mounts it properly, but it still will not play games correctly.
I have to do this with 249 and 222 with my mp3 player that I sometimes use. Rather than have the stick plugged in when you start, keep it unplugged. Set cfg to use the SD card. Then when you start cfg goto global options, change device to usb. As it starts counting down (normally, rather than the slow count it does with the usb drive connected) plug the stick in.

That's how I get my drive recognised and mounted. Games load fine from it. The only problem is I have to disconnect it before exiting to the menu.

SquareWheel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
George Dawes said:
SquareWheel said:
I have to do this with 249 and 222 with my mp3 player that I sometimes use. Rather than have the stick plugged in when you start, keep it unplugged. Set cfg to use the SD card. Then when you start cfg goto global options, change device to usb. As it starts counting down (normally, rather than the slow count it does with the usb drive connected) plug the stick in.

That's how I get my drive recognised and mounted. Games load fine from it. The only problem is I have to disconnect it before exiting to the menu.
Thanks for the tip. That sound like an IOS problem to me, perhaps Hermes v5 or 249 rev 20 will fix it.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
davidw89 said:
Is there plans to allow you to delete a game? (WBFS)
Deletion has been in there since v1...

Select the game to delete, push - and then select Remove Game from that menu. You can also assign the remove action to a button too in config.txt, e.g., button_-=remove.

You can't remove games from NTFS drives, though (just like you can't install them).

davidw89

Trophies
XP
Country
I found a bug in the latest version, let me know if you guys can reproduce it.

Basically press 1 for option, press 1 again for global option. Click update themes/Check for new themes. Let the network initialize, then scroll to first page at the top of the page you will see this:

New Themes:

Click A

Code dump error will occur.

T

TheRealVisitor

Dr. Clipper said:
schooluser said:
George Dawes said:

Just updated to 57b6, what are the settings to make it work? Mine freezes after the intro/splash screens where it's supposed to go to the main menu.

Set the Clear Patches option to On or All

I had to set for PoP "Clear Patches to on" with 57b6 and remove "disable_pop_patch = 1" and "disable_dvd_patch = 1" from the config.txt. Otherwise the game crashes by pressing the homebutton.

249rev14, 4,2e

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Deniii said:
Someone told me CFG USB Loader can load game DVDs from a USB DVD drive.
Is this true?
Yes. Push + to install a game.

davidw89 said:
I found a bug in the latest version, let me know if you guys can reproduce it.

Basically press 1 for option, press 1 again for global option. Click update themes/Check for new themes. Let the network initialize, then scroll to first page at the top of the page you will see this:

New Themes:

Click A

Code dump error will occur.
That actually makes sense. It'll be fixed in the next version. You are not meant to click those inactive titles.

QUOTE(TheRealVisitor @ Jun 11 2010, 12:01 AM)
I had to set for PoP "Clear Patches to on" with 57b6 and remove "disable_pop_patch = 1" and "disable_dvd_patch = 1" from the config.txt. Otherwise the game crashes by pressing the homebutton.

249rev14, 4,2e
disable_pop_patch = 1 disables the PoP patch, so why did you even have it there in the first place? I'm guessing you are also using the return_to_channel patch as well which is why it was crashing on the home button. Turning on the Clear Patches option for the game disables the return_to_channel patch for just that game, and is the primary reason for the Clear Patches option.

T

TheRealVisitor

Dr. Clipper said:
TheRealVisitor said:

249rev14, 4,2e
disable_pop_patch = 1 disables the PoP patch, so why did you even have it there in the first place? I'm guessing you are also using the return_to_channel patch as well which is why it was crashing on the home button. Turning on the Clear Patches option for the game disables the return_to_channel patch for just that game, and is the primary reason for the Clear Patches option.

I used those patches to play Pop in 57b4 and when I updated to 57b6 the game crashed on homebutton. So I removed them and now it runs. I have not used return_to_channel.

daleybox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added return_to_channel = 15 to my config.txt file, however, how do I get it to return to the channel? 15 is what showed up in my data management channels interface for the forwarder. Did I get the wrong number, or do you have to hit some special button to exit and return to the loader? All I did was hit home and then Wii menu, and of course it went to the menu.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
daleybox said:
I added return_to_channel = 15 to my config.txt file, however, how do I get it to return to the channel? 15 is what showed up in my data management channels interface for the forwarder. Did I get the wrong number, or do you have to hit some special button to exit and return to the loader? All I did was hit home and then Wii menu, and of course it went to the menu.
Lol...15 is how much blocks/space it uses. You'll need the Channel ID (4 Letters, HBC for example is JODI). Ask in the topic where you got the channel for it, the easiest and best method for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I have 8 modded rgh3 x360 slims I've done, I need to get rid of, I figured my family members or friends would want but times have changed. Think I'm gonna stop buying them and modding. Time to Switch it up (pun intended)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard. More of a pain to jailbreak a ps4 than it is the 360, other than little soldering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Problem is my dick gets in the way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, would be a pain having that on your forehead
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The chicks love it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every damn time there's a loud noise dudes car alarm goes off freaking annoying
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Stun gun the metal of the car (door, bumper, etc), you won't hear it again, promise.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    damn accidentally ripped my car cover just now
    happens
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or plant drugs get him evicted
    the one on my other car is all ripped up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"
    some day the wind will blow so hard it'll rip in half
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think in big inches
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @realtimesave Can you sew it back together? Or is it not worth trying.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @realtimesave Can you sew it back together? Or is it not worth trying.