Hacking Configurable USB Loader

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
The version number does not appear there, although it does on the global options page. [FRAG] means that oggzee's frgament patches to the IOS are being applied (you must be using FAT or NTFS). The difference in size is probably due to the removal of the update partition.

[FRAG] is only present when a FAT or NTFS drive is detected? I've got a WBFS drive (always have) and I always see [FRAG] when booting.

renegade109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed it and everything's worked fine up until now... When I enter into the USB loader app from the HBC, it takes me to the thing with the 30-second time out. I Pop in my SD card and the screen says "OK!" then it won't do anything
frown.gif

I'm trying it with lost winds winter of the melodies in USB.
It just plain freezes and it's pissing me off! Please help.

Do I have my card formatted correctly?
(Sorry for my noobishness)

EDIT: I also own a .wad formatted version of lost winds winter of the melodias... that's not working either.

Kreegoth

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question. Anyone have an idea why certain game cover images will not download? I have sonic and the black knight ( NTSC ) version and i have Ultimate Duck Hunter ( NTSC ) and Need for speed undercover ( NTSC ) they will not download through CFG either gives a 404 error or an Invalid PNG error..

I understand what those errors mean but even when i go to Wiitdb.com and download the correct covers and place them in the 3d folder on the SD card is still does not load them.

Ive checked the Titles.txt and made sure the cover letters and Iso letters and titles.txt letters match up.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
renegade109 said:
I'm trying it with lost winds winter of the melodies in USB:/wbsf/lost-winds-thingy.torrent
here's the link where I downloaded the torrent from:
Enjoy getting banned. To play the game, go to the Wii Shop and buy it.

QUOTE(Kreegoth @ May 22 2010, 11:32 AM) Quick question. Anyone have an idea why certain game cover images will not download? I have sonic and the black knight ( NTSC ) version and i have Ultimate Duck Hunter ( NTSC ) and Need for speed undercover ( NTSC ) they will not download through CFG either gives a 404 error or an Invalid PNG error..

I understand what those errors mean but even when i go to Wiitdb.com and download the correct covers and place them in the 3d folder on the SD card is still does not load them.

Ive checked the Titles.txt and made sure the cover letters and Iso letters and titles.txt letters match up.
Are the game IDs on the drive the same as the ones you are downloading from on WiiTDB? Make sure the images are named correctly.

Please give a direct example of one of these games that doesn't work. What I want is:
[*]The ID listed on the game options page (push 1).[*]The link to the WiiTDB page which has the cover you say is there.[*]the path to which you saved the image you downloaded manually.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
renegade109 said:
I've installed it and everything's worked fine up until now... When I enter into the USB loader app from the HBC, it takes me to the thing with the 30-second time out. I Pop in my SD card and the screen says "OK!" then it won't do anything
frown.gif

I'm trying it with lost winds winter of the melodies in USB:/wbsf/lost-winds-thingy.torrent
here's the link where I downloaded the torrent from: ...
It just plain freezes and it's pissing me off! Please help.

Do I have my card formatted correctly?
(Sorry for my noobishness)

EDIT: I also own a .wad formatted version of lost winds winter of the melodias... that's not working either.
First, remove that link cause I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to share links like that. Second, it looks like you only got the .torrent file. You're supposed to open that with a torrent app to actually DL the file. Third, you don't play WiiWare games with Configurable USB Loader. Install .wad files (that's what you're really DLing with a torrent app) with WAD Manager and you'll see the game as a channel on your system menu.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games for me are like that, I can't download the complete image cover for the game. I think it's mostly Japanese games, sometimes European, I think. I beleieve some American games may have a problem, but I am not sure @ the moment.

Kreegoth

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems the Game is recognized by the Usbloader as such.

Sonic and the Black Knight RENE8P
NFS Undercover RX9E69
Ultimate Duck Hunter RS2EGJ

While the covers for the NTSC versions of these games are listed as

Sonic and the Black Knight 0ENE8P
NFS Undercover 0X9E69
Ultimate Duck Hunter RS2E20

I renamed the covers to match the Ids from the USB loader and that fixed the problem. Thank you

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Just a tiny little shout out to the creators...

I love CFG USB Loader. I just started using an external hard drive for backups, and this is the only loader I've used so far. I'm happy to say that it WILL be the only one I use. The compatibility is great, and the features it has are awesome as well.
yaywii.gif

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to disable to format WBFS drive capability ? I don't want my cousins or my parents screw up my NTFS drive
frown.gif

mayu29

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have a strange problem: every time I launch a game from usb under cIOS 249 works perfect but when I try to load it under 222,223,224 Hermes v.4 or v.5, Cfg loader freezes when tries to load the game and the blue light stays on. Then I solved the problem by forcing Cfg loader to load under 222 mload in the config file. The games are running fine now but I have another problem now: I have to plug in my usb after Cfg loads and this is very annoying, but if I use 249 as default it works perfect and recognizes my mounted usb but then I can't load Hermes cIOS'es as I mentioned above.

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Dr.Clipper. Can there be more potential actions from unaware ones that can screw up the drive and the Wii from CFG ?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
mayu29 said:
I have a strange problem: every time I launch a game from usb under cIOS 249 works perfect but when I try to load it under 222,223,224 Hermes v.4 or v.5, Cfg loader freezes when tries to load the game and the blue light stays on. Then I solved the problem by forcing Cfg loader to load under 222 mload in the config file. The games are running fine now but I have another problem now: I have to plug in my usb after Cfg loads and this is very annoying, but if I use 249 as default it works perfect and recognizes my mounted usb but then I can't load Hermes cIOS'es as I mentioned above.
Some drives don't like switching to Hermes' IOS part way through. Others don't like being launched by Hermes' IOS. You just have the unfortunate case that your drive has both issues.

icyrainz said:
Thanks Dr.Clipper. Can there be more potential actions from unaware ones that can screw up the drive and the Wii from CFG ?
They could delete your games, so you may want to disable that too (disable_remove). You might also want to disable options (disable_options).

You can actually disable all the things at once by just using simple=1. Finally, if you are really paranoid, disable all the buttons you don't need, which means the total thing can be:

CODE
simple = 1
button_B = none
button_- = none
button_+ = none
button_1 = none
button_2 = none

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
goku1980 said:
that disable dvd patch is that the nsmb ?
man im lost

I have same problem. I dont see any option for a prince of persia patch . Only the nsmb patch
I've updated to latest version

OGTiago

Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
In the Mario Galaxy 2 thread people say you have to force PAL or w/e for a PAL system, does it do it automatically?

I just ran the NTSC version of the game and it worked normally.

Also, people talk about setting it to 480p?

I checked game options but didn't see anything about forcing PAL or 480p.

Jodiskett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OGTiago said:
In the Mario Galaxy 2 thread people say you have to force PAL or w/e for a PAL system, does it do it automatically?

??
i force nothing all default option is good
(i have a PAL WII)

OGTiago

Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
Jodiskett said:
OGTiago said:

??
i force nothing all default option is good
(i have a PAL WII)
Same here. But people talk about "forcing" PAL and 480p stuff, but it all worked automatically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: the worst fanfic website