pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
r3dcat said:
Dr. Clipper said:
r3dcat said:
This might be a small point but I prefer to see "Bully: Scholarship Edition" rather than "Bully- Scholarship Edition" ... Is there some way to get cfg to display titles as per .txt files rather than folder names ???
Copy the contents of all the .txt files into a file called titles.txt.

frown.gif
Hmmm clumsy solution! ... it would have been nice to be able to set an option in cfg to read the titles from these generated .txt files automatically ... that would save having to manually edit or export a new titles.txt file for each title edit / rename ... it is much easier to just rename in Wii Backup Manager which then automatically creates title txt file on fat partition!

By the way I created a custom Export Template for Wii Backup Manager to do direct export of titles.txt file

Just create a "titles.txt.txt" file with the following code and put it in your C:\Program Files\WiiBackupManager\Export Templates\ folder
You will then see under Tools -> Export Game List -> titles.txt (r3dcat)

CODE
[Export Config]
Author = r3dcat
FileExtention=txt
[Export Page Header]
[Export Entry]
%ID% = %Title%
[Export Page Footer]

Any chance we will see a feature added in cfg to read titles automatically from Wii Backup Manager generated title .txt files in fat partition ???

already done titles export for WBM

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=188...t&p=2633491

mruno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did anyone ever get Mortal Kombat Armageddon to work? i have tried changing the IOS in the game and in the options...
is it possible to use the same fix that sam and max have to play this game?

arevir711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I wanted ONLY the bare essentials to use Cfg Usb Loader what files could I keep on my SD card?

I was thinking of deleting the codes and language folder. As well as deleting the title lists for other languages
inside the resources folder.

Any help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mruno said:
did anyone ever get Mortal Kombat Armageddon to work? i have tried changing the IOS in the game and in the options...

It works fine for me with 249 rev14, and rev19 , but you have to use the alt dol file.. Bud

Dark.Yoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hello, 2nd attemp... i'm using cfg v56...

unfortunately, i have a small problem with the game names in german, eg "kiss" writes in german "küss"

that means "ä (ae), ü (ue), ö (oe) and ß (ss)" do not display properly.
sad.gif

can anybody help ???

thx...
closedeyes.gif

timebandit

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tried this application for the first time today as i'm having problems with USB Loader GX that can't be sorted out yet.

My main problem with CFG USB Loader is when I download the covers for the games I get ALOT of: Error: Invalid PNG Image!

I have tried to google it but can't find any solution. Anyone of you who knows how to resolv that problem?

//Kensy

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use wadmanager 1.5 and ever since switching from 249 rev14 to 249 rev 19,
i get an error (ret -1029) when trying to install any wads ...
any ideas on a fix ? ... Thanks Bud

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Budweiser said:
Try using another IOS for installing those wads, i had that same error, then i used another IOS and it installed fine. Just don't know which IOS i used
wacko.gif

Uninstalling a wad also didn't worked for me, so i uninstalled it with the Wii system menu.
Wii 4.2 safe update, with cIOS 249 rev 19.

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bewitched said:
Budweiser said:
Try using another IOS for installing those wads, i had that same error, then i used another IOS and it installed fine. Just don't know which IOS i used
wacko.gif

Uninstalling a wad also didn't worked for me, so i uninstalled it with the Wii system menu.
Wii 4.2 safe update, with cIOS 249 rev 19.

Yep, tried a few and 223 works , Thanks Bud

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
timebandit said:
Tried this application for the first time today as i'm having problems with USB Loader GX that can't be sorted out yet.

My main problem with CFG USB Loader is when I download the covers for the games I get ALOT of: Error: Invalid PNG Image!

I have tried to google it but can't find any solution. Anyone of you who knows how to resolv that problem?

//Kensy

It's supposed to do that

The 'errors' occur when the attempted url does not have a cover for your title.

The fact that you get a lot of 'em just shows that cfg loader is trying a lot of different places before giving up on finding your cover
wink.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
r3dcat said:
Any chance we will see a feature added in cfg to read titles automatically from Wii Backup Manager generated title .txt files in fat partition ???
No.

mruno said:
As stated earlier, use the alt dol method. Instructions are here.

arevir711 said:
If I wanted ONLY the bare essentials to use Cfg Usb Loader what files could I keep on my SD card?

I was thinking of deleting the codes and language folder. As well as deleting the title lists for other languages
inside the resources folder.

Any help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
The bare essential would be boot.dol and nothing else. You could also just take boot.dol and move everything else over to a FAT partition on the USB drive (in the same directory structure).

For working out the other files, it all depends on what you consider an essential. You can delete the entire resources directory as the defaults are built in. You can delete the entire themes directory and just put your theme options into config.txt. You can turn covers off and delete their directories.

QUOTE(Dark.Yoshi @ Mar 22 2010, 03:41 AM) hello, 2nd attemp... i'm using cfg v56...

unfortunately, i have a small problem with the game names in german, eg "kiss" writes in german "küss"

sad.gif

can anybody help ???

thx...
closedeyes.gif
Those should all work just fine. Make sure you saved your titles.txt file in UTF-8 format. Here's some screenshots I made after copying your characters into a custom-titles.txt file to rename NSMB Wii:

QUOTE(timebandit @ Mar 22 2010, 04:14 AM)

//Kensy
This is normal. The loader tries several URLs per image to try to find a valid one. It will often check your country's code (e.g., Australia) before it defaults to English, but many of these images don't exist. Thus, you will see the errors, but it is immediately trying another URL to try to find an alternate image for you.

DWN-011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm having a slight problem here.

My friend is able to rip games to his HDD via the loader, but whenever he tries to loads them, the wii freezes.

His Wii currently has Waninkoko's cIOS38 rev14 installed on a 3.2U System Firmware. Am I missing something?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DWN-011 said:

My friend is able to rip games to his HDD via the loader, but whenever he tries to loads them, the wii freezes.

His Wii currently has Waninkoko's cIOS38 rev14 installed on a 3.2U System Firmware. Am I missing something?
1: Dual layer games won't work in rev14
2: If he's using a FAT drive, then he needs rev19.

DWN-011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
DWN-011 said:

1: Dual layer games won't work in rev14
2: If he's using a FAT drive, then he needs rev19.

No, he tried it with Mario Kart Wii and Wii Play. The HDD is already formatted to WBFS.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DWN-011 said:
No, he tried it with Mario Kart Wii and Wii Play. The HDD is already formatted to WBFS.
Some drives don't work with IOS249. It seems that rev 19 also has higher compatibility than the previous revisions, so perhaps upgrading that is enough. If it doesn't work, try installing Hermes' IOS and using the -222 version of Cfg.

Dark.Yoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr. Clipper said:
Dark.Yoshi said:
hello, 2nd attemp... i'm using cfg v56...

sad.gif

can anybody help ???

thx...
closedeyes.gif
Those should all work just fine. Make sure you saved your titles.txt file in UTF-8 format. Here's some screenshots I made after copying your characters into a custom-titles.txt file to rename NSMB Wii:

@ Dr. Clipper: thx for quick helping...
yaywii.gif

you right !!! using titles.txt shows the "german umlaute" correct... but using directory names they are incorrect !!! in usb-gx & wiiflow they show also correct... perhaps someone can fix this in future revision...

thx & regards...

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not sure if this belongs in this thread, anyway:

I tried to compile wbfs_file myself (on Ubuntu 9.10 x64), but the resulting executable runs into segmentation faults when using some functions. I think it happens when contents gets decrypted but I am not sure. Anybody has an idea what the problem is?

BTW I wanted to compile the application to try and add a function to dump the entire decrypted disc contents because I could not find a tool that is able to do that from .wbfs files...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next