Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

i've played around with IOS 224 base 57. If i start Call of Duty MW Reflex with CFG and IOS 224 per game setting it hangs on "Loading ..." before COD intro screen is shown. With uLoader it loads fine. So it seems to be a "bug" in CFG.

WiiNero

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
that's what I was trying to explain, how do I use the Configurator to alter the settings for the music games?

There are two methods, the first slightly faster but it doesn't work on WBFS. The first also needs you to connect your PC to the drive for your Wii whereas the second can be done with an SD card.

For FAT/NTFS:
[*]Connect drive to PC[*]Goto Game Settings tab[*]Read settings.cfg (via the button or menu)[*]Click "Add games folder to settings list" and choose your wbfs directory on the drive[*]Click "Manage other options"[*]In the new dialog, change the IOS option for any game that needs a different IOS[*]Click OK[*]Save settings.cfg (via the button or menu)
For any format:
[*]In Cfg, svae your global options page (push 1-1-2 from the games list or GUI)[*]Connect your SD to the PC (or use FTPii or something)[*]Goto Game Settings tab[*]Read settings.cfg (via the button or menu)[*]Click "Add .txt game list to settings list" and choose sd:/usb-loader/gamelist.txt (replace the directory with your base directory if different)[*]Click "Manage other options"[*]In the new dialog, change the IOS option for any game that needs a different IOS[*]Click OK[*]Save settings.cfg (via the button or menu)

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiNero said:
Hi,

i've played around with IOS 224 base 57. If i start Call of Duty MW Reflex with CFG and IOS 224 per game setting it hangs on "Loading ..." before COD intro screen is shown. With uLoader it loads fine. So it seems to be a "bug" in CFG.

WiiNero
Confirmed
also reported before: GH5 / Band Hero dont work with 224-57 from usb hdd, but they work fine via dvd loading

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
ChaosEnergy said:
stack dump:
80016d1c - 80016d04 - 8002db3c - 80b6a9b4 - 80b5a3dc - 80a80ebc
Thanks for the report.
When does it happen, and which cios?
The stack trace is pretty weird, so I'm not sure what's the problem:

powerpc-gekko-addr2line.exe -f -i -e cfg56a.elf 80016d1c 80016d04 8002db3c 80b6a9b4 80b5a3dc 80a80ebc
??
??:0
??
??
__ipc_interrupthandler
ipc.c:0
c_irqdispatcher
nested
crtmain.c:0

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it happens when starting with baduncle-forwarder, 55a worked perfect, like all others before, now i directly get this crash
as cfg loader does not do any output to usbgecko, i cant tell you any more than this

tried it with wii-menu->nforwarder
this time it boots up

so it seems to happen in combination with priiloader->baduncles forwarder-> cfglaoder
but it never happened before, and the wii is unchanged, as i was much away this week

cios222v4->mload223v4

oh and within 20 tries i once got no stackdump, instead i got the message of baduncles forwarder that it is checking for device

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
ChaosEnergy said:
it happens when starting with baduncle-forwarder, 55a worked perfect, like all others before, now i directly get this crash
as cfg loader does not do any output to usbgecko, i cant tell you any more than this

tried it with wii-menu->nforwarder
this time it boots up

so it seems to happen in combination with priiloader->baduncles forwarder-> cfglaoder
but it never happened before, and the wii is unchanged, as i was much away this week

cios222v4->mload223v4
That's a strange thing, since no startup code was modified. Maybe it's a problem with 223/224 v4 too, we know 223/224 v5 don't work the best with cfg and i do plan to look at that...

QUOTE(ChaosEnergy @ Mar 13 2010, 10:51 AM) oh and within 20 tries i once got no stackdump, instead i got the message of baduncles forwarder that it is checking for device
Hmm, is it possible that it is the forwarder that is crashing and not the loader?

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Hmm, is it possible that it is the forwarder that is crashing and not the loader?
maybe, but i cant see what happens
i only can tell you, using 55a works perfect, and the recent version crashes
the forwarder works also with all other entries fine

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
ChaosEnergy said:
QUOTE said:
Oh so the crash happens when going from 55a to one of 55ax/55a3/55b+?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
ChaosEnergy said:
QUOTE said:

i can confirm its not the forwarder, just tried v56a using the updated forwarder and it loads CFG perfectly(just like the elder one), its all nice and uniform to lol

EDIT

oh and it doesnt DSI for me updating from 55 to 56a

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
@pepxl: Has anything much changed in your forwarder since the FDCL version linked in the first post? I include that one in my tutorial and would like to know if there's any point in telling people to upgrade.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
@pepxl: Has anything much changed in your forwarder since the FDCL version linked in the first post? I include that one in my tutorial and would like to know if there's any point in telling people to upgrade.

New look to match CFG's intro, uses HBC's stub as standard to return to SM(all my new forwarders do so none DSI on exit even is the app uses it or not), smaller in size, basically the older one is inferior and crap compared to the new one and it uses a different source lol

EDIT

plus ID has change(for CFG) from FDCL to DCFG so it doesn't clash with any VC/WW that uses F*** as their ID

buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta say I'm not lovin' the new intro, just seems kind of...blah (no offense). Otherwise, great work as always, more compatibility is always a good thing.

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey Oggzee ´n Dr.Clipper!
First of all: This Loader is GREAT!
yaywii.gif

Just some Questions:

Does it matter if I dump my Games with 222[v4] or 249[v19]? Any difference in "quality" of the dumps?
And is it recommend to rip "game_partition only" or "all partitions"?
(I´m asking because I think about re-ripping all my Games again with newest cIOS and maybe with/without Update Partition...would it increase "game quality"?)

thanks in advance, user423, ...keep up the good work!
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Use the app always bogos just buy weight loss injections