Hacking Configurable USB Loader

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To me this all sound like people don't know how to use the options in loaders correctly, if you force PAL50 on a recent NTSC game, it will freeze with a green screen, no matter if your tv likes NTSC or not. And i guess cosmiccow has a tv that is PAL and NTSC compatible like 99% of all 10 years or less old PAL tvs.

Gecko OS does not have any video mode patches ==> you should get the result from Gecko OS in configurable usb loader too and with the video mode patches some games more.

Venko

Trophies
XP
Country
Aww drats. I guess I need a more expensive TV then so as to have in-built NTSC support.

Well thanks for your help, WiiPower
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Venko said:
Aww drats. I guess I need a more expensive TV then so as to have in-built NTSC support.

Well thanks for your help, WiiPower
smile.gif
Look at the up side. You'll likely be getting a TV which supports 480p, which will make the Wii look a lot better.

theroar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sorry if I am asking something obivious... but...

cfg54.dol
cfg54-fat.dol

What is the difference between the two? Doe the 2nd work better if you are going to use a fat32 drive?

Studied the first page for 20 min... and cannot find anywhere the 2 files are explained... Would not be the first time I missed something either though... =)

Thanks for your time!

Mike

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Warnings about the new values:

The Pune magic word (to go to Wii Menu instead of autoboot) for Priiloader is very new (r68 or later, which are not officially released), so make sure you have one of those versions if you want to use it. The Daco magic word (to go to the priiloader menu) has been around for a long time.

It is unlikely that Priiloader will include any more magic words in future, but if they do, then Cfg already supports them immediately:).

Not all channels can be launched via the channel launching code. E.g., the Wii Shop crashed on me when I tried it (although perhaps I had the wrong ID).

I have no clue if it can launch the channels which are stored on the SD or not. I'd guess not, though.

Remember that the button_B, button_1 etc. options only affect what the buttons do in the game list menu and GUI. The home option can be used to configure what the home button does in both the game list menu and the other menus, but you can override button_H to give them separate functions, as in the example.

A couple of observations:

The Pune setting will only take you to the Wii Menu from the games list or the global / game options pages (if set to the 'home' button).

It will not go to the Wii Menu fom the Gui (it appears to go to priiloader autoboot instead from the gui), at least when using the 3D coverflow gui.

This is the case regardless of whether home = Pune or home AND button_H = Pune in config.txt

In reality, providing that you still have a button set to give you access to the games list (button B by default), then it is only 1 extra button press to get to the System Menu
smile.gif

Also, those using this setting should note that, when you use configurator it will reset settings not on it's list (eg. Pune) back to reboot, and you have to manually type Pune into the options box to retain that setting before re-generating config.txt.

theroar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found the readme... in the zip file... go figure. Have not tracked my answer down yet, but everything is more up to date than the main page though.

The main page states it does not support V5 of Hermes, but I think that and V18 were added back in CFG53 or 54... right?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
theroar said:
I am sorry if I am asking something obivious... but...

cfg54.dol
cfg54-fat.dol

What is the difference between the two? Doe the 2nd work better if you are going to use a fat32 drive?

Studied the first page for 20 min... and cannot find anywhere the 2 files are explained... Would not be the first time I missed something either though... =)

Thanks for your time!

Mike
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=2634225

There is more info in README-CFG.txt, which is linked in the first post and included in the release packages.

QUOTE(Tristar @ Mar 5 2010, 12:48 PM) A couple of observations:

The Pune setting will only take you to the Wii Menu from the games list or the global / game options pages (if set to the 'home' button).

It will not go to the Wii Menu fom the Gui (it appears to go to priiloader autoboot instead from the gui), at least when using the 3D coverflow gui.

This is the case regardless of whether home = Pune or home AND button_H = Pune in config.txt

In reality, providing that you still have a button set to give you access to the games list (button B by default), then it is only 1 extra button press to get to the System Menu
smile.gif

Also, those using this setting should note that, when you use configurator it will reset settings not on it's list (eg. Pune) back to reboot, and you have to manually type Pune into the options box to retain that setting before re-generating config.txt.
Thanks for testing it. I'll look into the GUI problem as it should work exactly the same way as the game list. And I'll fix the Configurator bug too... I thought I had changed it so that it works, but I guess not.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
@Tristar: I've tested things for the Configurator and it definitely seems to me like the manually set options are being read back correctly. Did you get confused between the Theme Options 3 tab and the Global Theme Overrides 2 tab? When reading a config.txt file, it will set the theme override version instead of the theme options (as that is what they are really doing).

I did detect a small bug that sometimes causes the default settings not to work.

Edit: Ah, I found out the bug you are getting. When you load theme.txt or config.txt BEFORE going to the relevant tab, then it fails. I'll try to work out what's wrong.
theroar said:
Found the readme... in the zip file... go figure. Have not tracked my answer down yet, but everything is more up to date than the main page though.

The main page states it does not support V5 of Hermes, but I think that and V18 were added back in CFG53 or 54... right?
Yes. Don't trust all the stuff in the first post when it comes to recent changes.

theroar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link to the other thread! Your post cleared up the difference between 54fat and 54.dol perfect!

I had a hard time stopping reading all the other post though. =) There sure is a lot of good dialog going around.

I just ran the configurator now as well. WOW does it have a ton of settings!

Ok.... I am a little scared with all the settings... all I want to do is force NTSC globally.

I do not see that in the global settings. Is it only allowed in per game mode?

I do see it in configurator, but there are so many other settings I am afraid I am going to bugger something else up...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dr. Clipper said:
Wever said:
...but when used from within CFG, it does nothing. I tried adding "Daco", "pune" and "wii_menu" in the "home=" line of config.txt, but none of them do anything but restart CFG.

EDIT: wait...skip that. It doesn't exactly restart CFG but whatever is set in priiloader's "autoboot" (my default setting is badUncle's forwarder to CFG). This happens both for the "Pune" as the "Daco" setting for me.
Hmm... You don't also happen to be using button_H set to a different value afterwards do you? That would explain it not working, although if you go into one of the menus (like the option menu) and push home there, it should work. Also note that "Pune", "Daco", "priiloader" and "wii_menu" are all case sensitive.
I don't use button_H, and only the first time I tested "pune" it was in lower case.

...but I can confirm tristar's findings: when I try it in the normal mode or the configuration page of a random game, it works correctly.
smile.gif

(all my previous tests were in coverflow2D...I've got it locked in that way)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
theroar said:
Thanks for the link to the other thread! Your post cleared up the difference between 54fat and 54.dol perfect!

I had a hard time stopping reading all the other post though. =) There sure is a lot of good dialog going around.

I just ran the configurator now as well. WOW does it have a ton of settings!

Ok.... I am a little scared with all the settings... all I want to do is force NTSC globally.

I do not see that in the global settings. Is it only allowed in per game mode?

I do see it in configurator, but there are so many other settings I am afraid I am going to bugger something else up...
The post was actually part of this thread mate, about 60 posts back
tongue.gif

The option to force NTSC globally is "video" on Global Options 2. All the options in the left column of that tab are global versions of per-game options.

The loader itself only sets 6 or so global options (the ones shown on the Game Settings tab of Configurator). You need to edit config.txt for the rest, which is what the Configurator is for. If you are confused by any option, just hover the mouse over it and it will explain itself. You can also get further information about the options by clicking the links above the option tabs.

DIZA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A friendly hello in the Forum.

Because there is a way for the start of the CFG loader to deposit all games but only favorites as "default - display"?

Regards Diza

2lux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi, can you make compatibilitie with .ciso image files to launch it from fat/ntfs ?

sorry for my bad english i'm french

thank for answers

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DIZA said:

Because there is a way for the start of the CFG loader to deposit all games but only favorites as "default - display"?

Regards Diza
Are you asking for a way to start the loader in the mode that only displays your favorites? In that case, set "start_favorites = 1" in config.txt.

DIZA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr. Clipper said:
DIZA said:

Regards Diza
Are you asking for a way to start the loader in the mode that only displays your favorites? In that case, set "start_favorites = 1" in config.txt.

Hi Dr.Clipper,

I said yes exactly.
Sometimes the solution is so simple and close.
Dear thanks for which fast response and solution I will try today right after work.

Regards Diza

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do I set it so the smaller children can't make any changes to the settings?

there are times when some of the younger kids are over, and I don't want them to press any buttons and mess things up.

If I lock the SD card will that work?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
drizzt007 said:
how do I set it so the smaller children can't make any changes to the settings?

there are times when some of the younger kids are over, and I don't want them to press any buttons and mess things up.

If I lock the SD card will that work?
"disable_options=1"

you may want to also set:
"disable_install=1" and "disable_remove=1"

You can even lock them into the GUI mode and make it so they can only select games or exit the loader (with home):

CODEgui =start
button_1 = nothing
button_2 = nothing
button_B = nothing
button_- = nothing
button_+ = nothing
confirm_start = 0

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that would be perfect.

I apologize , but you'll need to explain exactly how to do it .

do I need to connect the USB drive( oops , I mean the SD card) back to the computer and use the configurator?

DIZA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
drizzt007 said:
that would be perfect.

I apologize , but you'll need to explain exactly how to do it .

do I need to connect the USB drive( oops , I mean the SD card) back to the computer and use the configurator?

I think you need to edit the config.txt and enter the parameters there.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__