Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
simonarturo said:
Yes, I just checked the link soon after posting and found the v51 configurator, thanks for the hard work

also, I haven't heard from the Fat vs Wbfs issue. Fat can't use ios249? is it better to have two partitions, one fat and another wbfs? I'm trying to keep it simple
Yes, IOS249 only supports WBFS partitions. The simple way to do things is to have a single FAT partition as you can do everything except use IOS249 to run your games (but IOS222 is just as good, and sometimes better). If you decide you do want your games on WBFS, it is a good idea to have a FAT partition still as you can put your covers on there to speed things up, or put the loader on there to eliminate the need for an SD card entirely.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small suggestion, just for sorting, but when going by genre, controller/what-ever-else, I think it'd be helpful to have a little # to the side in () to indicate how many of that (insert-sort-method-here) there are.

For example:

Adventure (4)
Horror (10)
Puzzle (1)

And strangly, out of the blue I just thought of this as well: The option for sort by # of titles (less than 10, will show, more than 20 will show --- if you have say multiple genres, controllers, or other-way, and you only want to see THOSE have (less|more) than {insert-amount-here}. Along with the option to hide (temporarily) those you don't want to show, or those that have no games in the slightest.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i like to see some favorite categories

so if more than one user plays this wii, everyone can get his own favorite menu
or one can use many menus to sort by eg guitar games, singstart games, jumprun or daily play games and so on

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
heya, i wonder why cfg loader doesnt like mercury meltdown revolution, i think its been mentioned here before, im using cios38rev17.... it starts as it should, but the wiimote wont respond... in wiiflow usbloader gx and neogamma it works just fine.... is there anything you guys could look into? im using the latest v51 ofc

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fudgi said:
heya, i wonder why cfg loader doesnt like mercury meltdown revolution, i think its been mentioned here before, im using cios38rev17.... it starts as it should, but the wiimote wont respond... in wiiflow usbloader gx and neogamma it works just fine.... is there anything you guys could look into? im using the latest v51 ofc

Sure, could you mail me yours or paypal me for the cost?
biggrin.gif

simonarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Dr. Clipper said:
simonarturo said:
Yes, I just checked the link soon after posting and found the v51 configurator, thanks for the hard work

also, I haven't heard from the Fat vs Wbfs issue. Fat can't use ios249? is it better to have two partitions, one fat and another wbfs? I'm trying to keep it simple
Yes, IOS249 only supports WBFS partitions. The simple way to do things is to have a single FAT partition as you can do everything except use IOS249 to run your games (but IOS222 is just as good, and sometimes better). If you decide you do want your games on WBFS, it is a good idea to have a FAT partition still as you can put your covers on there to speed things up, or put the loader on there to eliminate the need for an SD card entirely.

I think I will have a small WBFS partition for some of the newest games, and keep the big fat one for the rest
Do tell about having the loader on the HD instead of on the sd card, do I have to transfer everything? (the whole apps folder with all the installers i've got, the hack.ini and priiloader things,etc)

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
usptactical said:
fudgi said:

Sure, could you mail me yours or paypal me for the cost?
biggrin.gif

lol i tested it with ios250 now in the settings in cfg loader, and now it works... which is fine... just that i find it odd, since ios250 shouldnt be different from 249?
or not, doesnt work with 250 either, guess it was just luck the first time, it strikes me as odd, that all other loaders work with that game

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
ChaosEnergy said:
i like to see some favorite categories

so if more than one user plays this wii, everyone can get his own favorite menu
or one can use many menus to sort by eg guitar games, singstart games, jumprun or daily play games and so on
Yep, that's exactly what profiles are as gannon said. The Configurator is quite good for managing them.

fudgi said:
It works fine for me with both IOS222 and IOS249 rev 17. Have you perhaps neglected to synchronise your Wii Remote? Go to the Wii Menu and push the sync buttons on both the Wii (behind the SD slot) and the remote (under the battery cover) and see if that fixes your problem.

QUOTE(simonarturo @ Jan 23 2010, 08:23 AM)
I think I will have a small WBFS partition for some of the newest games, and keep the big fat one for the rest
Do tell about having the loader on the HD instead of on the sd card, do I have to transfer everything? (the whole apps folder with all the installers i've got, the hack.ini and priiloader things,etc)
You just need the apps directory with the Cfg subdirectory within it (bring other apps over if you want to run them without the SD too) and the entire usb-loader directory (for covers, wiitdb and themes and whatnot). Put them on the FAT partition just like you would on the SD card and you're good to go.

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
fudgi said:
It works fine for me with both IOS222 and IOS249 rev 17. Have you perhaps neglected to synchronise your Wii Remote? Go to the Wii Menu and push the sync buttons on both the Wii (behind the SD slot) and the remote (under the battery cover) and see if that fixes your problem.

no the sync is just fine, and ive been reading about it for a while, some other people experience the same problem.... though i tested now again, it works with cios 222 and 250 works again as well, which is odd since its the same as 249... all other loaders work with cios249 rev17... so im out of ideas

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HemiSync said:
bnm81002 said:
I tried to update from v51b3 to v51 FAT but when I exit then enter the loader, it doesn't show the version as v51 on the bottom right corner, is there a problem with the online updating process?
I know the updating process works okay, but I did have something similar happen once and downloading the files from here and manually updating straightened it out. Sometimes you just get a bad download when using the internet via the Wii.

I tried to manually install the v51 FAT dol file but it still shows v51b3 in the lower right hand corner when starting the loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Devil_Spawn said:
is it likely that it will ever be possible to install games to an ntfs partition?
If somebody gets around to updating libntfs so it properly supports writes, then it will happen. It's not something the Cfg team seems interested in doing, though.

QUOTE(bnm81002 @ Jan 23 2010, 10:17 AM) I tried to manually install the v51 FAT dol file but it still shows v51b3 in the lower right hand corner when starting the loader
So you replaced boot.dol with the new file? Check you have the right directory as well by going to the global options page in Cfg.

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
usptactical said:
superloafer said:
I just had a new issue happen today; It's the first issue I've had on .51, first issue ever really.

When browsing the games in coverflow it locks up, the screen turns green, and the wii loads the system menu.

I am using a 500 gig WD passport elite drive, on a 4.2u wii with both hermes v4 and wan v17 installed.

I have used other usb loaders without issue.

Maybe a bad cover image. Does it always happen at the same spot? Scroll right, one cover at a time, and note which new cover was last displayed before it crashes. Then scroll left and see if it crashes when you get to that cover. If you can isolate it, please zip up the cover (and the one before and after it) and let me know where I can get it.

Damn, I had lots of those and I erased them today
frown.gif

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
bnm81002 said:
I tried to manually install the v51 FAT dol file but it still shows v51b3 in the lower right hand corner when starting the loader
So you replaced boot.dol with the new file? Check you have the right directory as well by going to the global options page in Cfg.

yes I replaced the boot dol with the v51 FAT dol,
here's the config page,

theme = Super Smash
profile_names = default
music = usb:/usb-loader
partition = FAT1
home = reboot
gui = 0
gui_style = grid
gui_rows = 2
disable_format = 1
download_all_styles = 0
covers_path_3d = usb:/usb-loader/covers/3d
titles_url = http://wiitdb.com/titles.txt?LANG={CC}
cover_url_3d =
cover_url_3d =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/cover3D/{CC}/{ID6}.png
cover_url_3d =+ http://boxart.rowdyruff.net/3d/{ID6}.png
cover_url_3d =+ http://www.muntrue.nl/covers/ALL/160/225/3D/{ID6}.png
ios = 222-mload
device = usb
install_partitions = only_game
download_id_len = 6

mrmedic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what is the folder name the boot.dol is in , ps are you launching from a channel/wad or via forwarder?

most likely you installed a wad as channel and you forgot , try laucnhing it though hbc

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrmedic said:
what is the folder name the boot.dol is in , ps are you launching from a channel/wad or via forwarder?

most likely you installed a wad as channel and you forgot , try laucnhing it though hbc

usbloader is the folder name, forwarder channel, nope not a wad channel, this is my brother's Wii, my Wii shows the version as v51, so I tried updating through HBC but now it won't load at all, I tried through HBC but nothing happens after I press load, I tried through the fowarder channel but it goes to a black screen, now what do I do?

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
celeb23 said:
I get "File not found...Press Home to Exit" with just the USB drive connected, no SD card inserted. When I press Home, it boots correctly from the USB drive under usbloader_cfg. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I'm having the same issue using: http://priiloader.baduncles.de/forwarder/
It works after I press Home to Exit, I'm assuming because the hard drive hasn't waken up.
Is there a way to slow down the checking time so it gives my hard drive a chance to boot?
Also, can there be a button to start the SystemMenu if it fails(bypass priiloader settings) and a retry button to try and mount it again?
My Priiloader is set to boot back to Installed File - which is the forwarder, so it's currently a never-ending loop.

Abx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a NTSC system and television, so if I want to play a PAL game, is there any possible damage to my television or Wii by using the "force NTSC" option? Or I should be using the default?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)