Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
User423 said:
Another Question:

I installed cIOS222 with the mode "IOS38 Recommend" and cIOS223 with "IOS38 merged with IOS37".
Now I´m about to rerip my games, should I use the "Recommend one" or the merged one?

I know that the 223 one gives the ability to use usb-instruments (because of IOS37), but is there any other benefit?

greets, user423
smile.gif
Ripping should not be affected by IOS choice so it doesn't matter. Playback involving USB instruments does require the merged IOS37 for many games, though.

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there!

If I use ehcmodule.elf from uLoader 2.8 (it doesn't matter which revision), I can get my USB to work with uLoader. But this is for uLoader only.
frown.gif

To get this to work with Config. USB Loader with my USB HDD formatted to FAT32/NTFS (so Hermes cIOS is used) then someone would have to merge the USB settings from ehcmodule.elf from uLoader 2.8 into the ehcmodule.elf from Configurable USB Loader (which is based on ehcmodule.elf from uLoader 3.0 if I remember right.)

msl124 said:
bootsector said:
Your SDHC is incompatible with Hermes cIOS v4. This happens to me with my USB drive as well: It works fine under cIOS 254 (waninkoko) but it doesn't with hermes cIOS unless I use a special ehcmodule.elf.

In any case this ehcmodule.elf is not compatible with SDHC at all (it only helps for some USB devices)

ThE MaSTeR 3 said:
Please help trying to get games to run off sdhc card but get dvd blue blinking lights when I launch. Looks like this...

[+] Booting Wii game, please wait...

IOS(222) mload [FAT]

just hangs on that message and the dvd drive is blinking blue reptedetly 3 times. No idea what the problem is. Missing IOS??? wrong settings??? please help!
hi, can you share which ehcmodule.elf you are using? I have the samiliar problem with my USB flash drive.
I tried many ehcmodule.elf(from uloader 3.2, 3.3, 3.5) and renamed to ehcmodule4.elf and put it to sd:/usb-loader/ but it can't help to slove my problem.

I tried fat dol of cfg, it can't mount my usb unless I unplug and plug it again several times...

many thanks
bow.gif
bow.gif

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
Noob question here
but this app downloads the disc covers is there any point to that
because i dont know how to display it while using Configurable Loader

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, newbie question here. I just got USBLoader working today, and I'm wondering if I'd have any advantage switching my FAT32 partition over to WBFS.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
IAmTheRad said:
Hi, newbie question here. I just got USBLoader working today, and I'm wondering if I'd have any advantage switching my FAT32 partition over to WBFS.
I can't think of any. The speed (and compatibility) should be basically the same either way if that's what you're getting at.

googjew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, quick question. I've been trying out the NTFS support, and really enjoying how great the loading of games works. I don't however, seem to be able to dump games from the DVD drive. Every time, it tells me that there is 0.0GB free out of 464GB. In reality, I'm only using about 40 gigs, so there should be plenty of free space left. I'm using Configurable USB Loader-Fat v50c, with hermes IOS 222, on a 4.2 wii. If you know what's causing this, and can help, that'd be amazing.

ciris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been stated eariler in this thread or the USB loader GX thread that dvd dumping directly to ntfs formatted partition/drives isn't supported yet.

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
IAmTheRad said:
I can't think of any. The speed (and compatibility) should be basically the same either way if that's what you're getting at.

are there any advantages going other way around form WBFS to FAT32?

SilverStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The reason why you can't rip games to NTFS, is because currently the NTFS write libraries suck. So, it's basically disabled until the libraries are cleaned up. And hopefully when that happens, it'll open the door to all the wild and great methods of using an NTFS drive as the primary for everything homebrew-related.

T

TheGlow

Last I knew nothing but windows could write to an ntfs drive. Maybe linux has a way, but I know macs cant. Hence when you go to the store and see western digital drivers for mac, its really just preformatted hfs. format to ntfs and now macs can read it, but not write.

googjew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheGlow said:
Last I knew nothing but windows could write to an ntfs drive. Maybe linux has a way, but I know macs cant. Hence when you go to the store and see western digital drivers for mac, its really just preformatted hfs. format to ntfs and now macs can read it, but not write.

QUOTENTFS for Mac® OS X provides full access (read/write, format etc.) to Windows volumes.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/

Well, those guys seem to be selling a driver for Mac OSX to read and write NTFS just fine. Shows it's possible for NTFS outside of windows.

I'm sure it will happen for the wii eventually. I mean, remember when USB loaders were absolutely "Impossible"?

msl124

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
bootsector said:
Hi there!

If I use ehcmodule.elf from uLoader 2.8 (it doesn't matter which revision), I can get my USB to work with uLoader. But this is for uLoader only.
frown.gif

To get this to work with Config. USB Loader with my USB HDD formatted to FAT32/NTFS (so Hermes cIOS is used) then someone would have to merge the USB settings from ehcmodule.elf from uLoader 2.8 into the ehcmodule.elf from Configurable USB Loader (which is based on ehcmodule.elf from uLoader 3.0 if I remember right.)
Thank you for your reply.
ehcmodule.elf from uLoader 2.8 with uLoader 3.5 also not working for my USB flash drive, I got "Couldn't initialize USB subsystem"

nvm, I can also enjoy the game with usb loader with ios249 + wbfs partition

GLiTcH

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
i'm thinking of movies the cover to the fat32.. is this right?

covers_path = usb:/usb-loader/Covers
covers_path_2d = usb:/usb-loader/Covers
covers_path_3d = usb:/usb-loader/Covers/3d
covers_path_disc = usb:/usb-loader/Covers/disc
covers_path_full = usb:/usb-loader/Covers/full

do i need to have anything else besides these folders inside the usb-loader folder?

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
TheGlow said:

MacOSX computers can read NTFS volumes but cannot write there by default.

In order to give write access to NTFS volumes a MacOSX computer needs of a further driver. Here is a list:

Paragon NTFS for Mac® OS X 7.0 (commercial)

NTFS for Mac 1.0 (free)

Tuxera NTFS-3G for Mac OS X (free)

I personally have Paragon and works like a charm...

QUOTE(GLiTcH @ Dec 27 2009, 09:30 AM) do i need to have anything else besides these folders inside the usb-loader folder?
you may want to copy there also the config.txt file, the titles.txt, the themes folders and all of the other config files/folders...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +2