Hacking Configurable USB Loader

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
hi gannon and usptatical, i thought rev15 broke a few things, and rev14 was better?
and i have hermes stuff, so i should just choose that to load with? yeah i think i was using 249...
i'll see what happens, thanks
smile.gif

-edit, yeah i tired 222 mload, it worked perfectly
smile.gif
thanks
what is the difference between mload and yal? and are 222 and 223 the same? what about 250? i have them all i think. (sorry if this doesn't belong here)

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Simpsons with rev 49a working fine here (or are we past that ?)

Just formatted to FAT 32 from WBFS and loving it keep up the good work, I cant believe how far this loader has come from the old version I was using that just showed one cover and console it was worth comming back to GBATemp after so many months just for this

hmaidhoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a modded Wii, and all of the files from usb loader v48 and the FAT32 DOL are on my SD card - and I can access games on my 1TB WD just fine.
So I turn on the wii, go to HBC, then to USB Configurator -Load, then I can see my games.

So I downloaded this SDUSB-Loader_cfg44_Hybrid.rar - since I already have a USB loader that works fine, do I just need to run the USBLoader.cfg_v44_hybrid-HYBD.wad using my wad manager???

All I want is a channel on the main page, so I do not have to keep going into HBC and run USB Loader every time I want to play a game.

But I am not sure if I install all the files from inSDROOT from this new v44.

Can someone please help/

Much Appreciated!

sublimemovement

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i try to browse games with certain game display styles the loader forces the wii to reboot basically any of the flowing ones. also if i switch game display styles to much same problem. everything else seams to be working great. the wii is freshly modded 4.2u and this is the guide i followed to mod the wii (to the T) http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183064 . any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if this question has been answered yet, so I'll ask again

Link5084 said:
I read in the readme that you can view the cover styles with 2d, 3d, disc and full. How do I see disc and full? Also, is there a way that manuals could be added in a future update?

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
@sublimemovement

Try clearing out the cover folders?

I think that's the only thing CFG would be doing at that point, loading the cover textures? I could be wrong, but it's the first thing that springs to mind, that there may be some corrupt images.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
I dont know if this question has been answered yet, so I'll ask again

Link5084 said:
I read in the readme that you can view the cover styles with 2d, 3d, disc and full. How do I see disc and full? Also, is there a way that manuals could be added in a future update?

Set the cover_style in your config.txt.

From README-CFG.txt:
# cover_style = [standard], 3d, disc
# Support for 3d covers and disc covers
# This option selects which cover_url and cover_path is used

You can't see disk or 3d in coverflow modes. Full covers are always used in coverflow by default and will only use the standard (2d) cover if the full isn't found.

Download the game manuals? Someone would have to host them all first.

Posts merged

QUOTE(hmaidhoff @ Dec 2 2009, 06:42 PM)
I have a modded Wii, and all of the files from usb loader v48 and the FAT32 DOL are on my SD card - and I can access games on my 1TB WD just fine.
So I turn on the wii, go to HBC, then to USB Configurator -Load, then I can see my games.

So I downloaded this SDUSB-Loader_cfg44_Hybrid.rar - since I already have a USB loader that works fine, do I just need to run the USBLoader.cfg_v44_hybrid-HYBD.wad using my wad manager???

Yes, install with WADManager.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
So the troll is dead and these questions are just tempting me too much, so I'm back :S.

9th_Sage said:
There seems to be some kind of bug with updating the FAT version (at least I'm not sure if the other version does this). I prefer to have my apps on my SD card, but I have the USBloader folder on my hard drive (you know, with the covers and so on). Whenever I tried to update it, it saw my app path was on the SD but refused to copy the file after downloading (at least it gave some kind of error about not being able to write to the boot.dol).

As a test, I used Wiixplorer to copy that folder from my SD card to my USB drive then booted it from the USB drive...updates work fine then.

It seems that the current (49a IIRC) crashes instead of just having an error under these conditions. I haven't tried putting it back onto USB and trying an update that way though, but that bug with the SD seems to be present.
You have to copy the apps directory over to the USB as well, then either eject the SD card, or rename the directories so the forwarder won't see them.

joshuatm said:
hi gannon and usptatical, i thought rev15 broke a few things, and rev14 was better?
and i have hermes stuff, so i should just choose that to load with? yeah i think i was using 249...
i'll see what happens, thanks
smile.gif

-edit, yeah i tired 222 mload, it worked perfectly
smile.gif
thanks
what is the difference between mload and yal? and are 222 and 223 the same? what about 250? i have them all i think. (sorry if this doesn't belong here)
rev15 only breaks things for NeoGamma and maybe disc loaders. Works perfectly for Cfg and fixes the dual layer bug in rev14.

yal is for kwiirk's IOSes (no longer supported by him). 222 and 223 are exactly the same thing, although there are 3 varieties you can install in either slot (38, 38 merged with 37, 38 merged with 60). 38 merged with 37 is needed for music games, neither of the other versions are needed by anything in particular. 250 is a copy of 249 designed to survive Nintendo updates (and it did survive the 4.2 one).

Wiisel said:
The Simpsons with rev 49a working fine here (or are we past that ?)

Just formatted to FAT 32 from WBFS and loving it keep up the good work, I cant believe how far this loader has come from the old version I was using that just showed one cover and console it was worth comming back to GBATemp after so many months just for this
Keep following the thread. More amazing stuff is still to come. Oh, you might want to update your sig, too
wink.gif

QUOTE(hmaidhoff @ Dec 3 2009, 08:42 AM) I have a modded Wii, and all of the files from usb loader v48 and the FAT32 DOL are on my SD card - and I can access games on my 1TB WD just fine.

All I want is a channel on the main page, so I do not have to keep going into HBC and run USB Loader every time I want to play a game.

But I am not sure if I install all the files from inSDROOT from this new v44.

Can someone please help/

Much Appreciated!
That will work for you, but you are better off installing the Universal Forwarder .wad from the op or the new forwarder that was posted a few days ago (on page 388 I think).

QUOTE(sublimemovement @ Dec 3 2009, 09:41 AM)
When i try to browse games with certain game display styles the loader forces the wii to reboot basically any of the flowing ones. also if i switch game display styles to much same problem. everything else seams to be working great. the wii is freshly modded 4.2u and this is the guide i followed to mod the wii (to the T) http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183064 . any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
It's almost certainly corrupted covers. Try looking at all your game images on a PC to find the faulty one, or just delete them all and start adding them back in chunks to find it (or redownload them all).

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In Metroid Prime Trilogy, is it possible to view all the unlockables and extras from the Menu alt.dol even when you play all three of the different games from the alt.dol's?

hmaidhoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I loaded the wad, and it works fine, but now I just read your post about loading the new V.49. Does this version have a wad forwarding file that I can place in the wad directory and run and still get a channel on the main page? Also, do I need to download the fat32.dol with v49 like I did with v48?

BTW - you guys are great at answering these posts.

I really appreciate the help!

hmaidhoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry my bad.. v49 is the configurator itself, not the new usb loader... sorry I will read before I post next time.

Do I do the same thing with the universal loader> just place the file into the wad dir, and run wad manager ios49 - then it asks about NANA enable or something else... not sure what I choose here...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
hmaidhoff said:
sorry my bad.. v49 is the configurator itself, not the new usb loader... sorry I will read before I post next time.

Do I do the same thing with the universal loader> just place the file into the wad dir, and run wad manager ios49 - then it asks about NANA enable or something else... not sure what I choose here...
If you already installed the hybrid, then stick with that.

hmaidhoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Doc. Last thing then I am out for a while and wont bug ya.
I was looking at the post that asked what everyone uses for d/l, and storage ect ect.

I use an SD card for all my files, and everyone else uses their HD for file storage.... Is there a way to get my files to the HD via the Wii, and do they need to be anywhere special on the drive?

I hope I make sense...

Have a great evening! If you were in Spokane, I would have to buy you a drink or 5....
smile.gif

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a FAT partition on your drive, connect it to the computer, put in your SD card (computer) -- if you have a SD card reader, and transfer data between each. Or copy what's on the SD card to someplace on your computer, connect your HD to said comp, and copy the files that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can confirm