Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
oggzee said:
Fat D said:
Would it be possible to have the ability to set a fat32 partition as default partition in a future version? That is one of the few factors holding me off from migrating, the other is channel loader support (or lack thereof).
Yes, i already said that.
I will add an option like partition=WBFS1,WBFS2,...FAT1,FAT2,..
And probably even allow you to save the currently selected directly from inside the loader.
But my time is limited, i guess by the weekend it should be ready.

oh and about the channels, loadstructor already supports creating channels that use the cfg loader to run the games, so once the partition= option is done that should be possible too.
Awesome, thank you, looking forward to it. Speaking of forward, the loadstructor forwarders appear not to work on my Wii (black screen), at least with SSBB DVD9 that happens. Does anyone know why that is?

ShaDoW-DeMoN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After i Format my USB from WBFS to FAT32 using Windows, it says when trying to add info like "The disk is full" and it says it has 102GB Free, Help :s?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
ShaDoW-DeMoN said:
pepxl said:
have you tried oggzee's app to convert .ISO/GAMES ON WBFS partition to .WBFS file format.

tut here http://gwht.wikidot.com/wbfs-to-fat-transfer

that error is because your trying to add a .ISO which is 4.7GB in size and FAT32 file system can only handle a single file size of 4GB or less

so i cant add files over 4gb on fat32 filesystem 0_o?!?!

nope it doesnt matter if its used for USB Loading or general OS use, files larger than 4GB will not go onto a FAT32 file sytem ever, thats why oggzee's tool splits garger games into several pices to allow them to fit, havent you been reading the last 10-15 pages?

ShaDoW-DeMoN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
ShaDoW-DeMoN said:
pepxl said:
have you tried oggzee's app to convert .ISO/GAMES ON WBFS partition to .WBFS file format.

tut here http://gwht.wikidot.com/wbfs-to-fat-transfer

that error is because your trying to add a .ISO which is 4.7GB in size and FAT32 file system can only handle a single file size of 4GB or less

so i cant add files over 4gb on fat32 filesystem 0_o?!?!

nope it doesnt matter if its used for USB Loading or general OS use, files larger than 4GB will not go onto a FAT32 file sytem ever, thats why oggzee's tool splits garger games into several pices to allow them to fit, havent you been reading the last 10-15 pages?

No, whups, thansk for telling me through, no wonder i couldent copy my isos
tongue.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
inAcrysis said:
Yeah, you probably right, thanks. I did open up CMD then typed in the file address & cmd just told me to stop mucking around with something I know naff all about.
huh.gif

Would I maybe (if wanting FAT32 now) be better off just plugging hdd into pc & formatting it to FAT32?
Then do I just update cfg loader online to 46x and reinstall my games? If that's possible right now I may do that.
Better to try with my 8gb pen drive first though I suppose to see what's what.
Thanks for replying Dr. Clipper
If all you want to do is copy games over from the WBFS to a FAT partition, then I do have a tutorial for that that is probably at a level you understand. Your other plan would definitely work if you have the patience, though.

inAcrysis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't copy from wbfs to fat as my 750gb hdd is split into 650&70gb and I'm using 102gb on the 650gb partition.
Or can I copy all to my pc (if tutorial does any of this then disregard) just read a bit & will give it a go.
Thanks

Just thought - pc is ntfs so looks like reinstall then

inAcrysis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
inAcrysis said:
Just thought - pc is ntfs so looks like reinstall then
Don't worry. .wbfs files can exist on any partition type. So put them on your PC then copy them over to the FAT afterwards.
Oh right! Cheers
So copy to pc then format ex hdd & copy over - nice one!
Thanks

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is primarily for Dr. Clipper, but anyone who know the answer could answer it.

I was reading you tutorial WBFS To FAT Transfer (http://gwht.wikidot.com/wbfs-to-fat-transfer) and there was one portion that confused met.

It said "Unzip the wbfs_file_1.2.zip and copy wbfs_file_1.2/wbfs_file.exe to a directory on your PC.'

I thought I read something earlier in this thread that wbfs_file.exe neede to be in the same directory as where the wbfs files are located or the text file would be incorrect.

Or something to that effect, I can't find it right now (That's the problem with a thread that has over 300pages).

Can you clarify this or did I mis-understand it.

Thanks

Steve

EnioMarcos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Sacohen9665 said:
...wbfs_file.exe neede to be in the same directory as where the wbfs files are located...

That's the easyest way!

You need to access to wbfs_file.exe and this is your garantee.

There is possibly variations but nothing so straight forward.

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I have a question.
Would it be possible to use something like Loadstructor or Crap to create a channel wad for a game (USB-FAT) and start that using an app (like Triiforce) ??

Just curious, as WW/VC does seem to work, i think it would depends on the integrated loader, not?

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems copying my games from my WBFS partition on my 500GB Western Digital My Book drive (which has a drive letter of H) to the 500GB partition on my Hitachi drive (this has a drive letter of J)

I know a little about DOS and I followed Dr. Clippers tutorial (http://gwht.wikidot.com/wbfs-to-fat-transfer)

I launched a cmd prompt and tested it by typing wbfs_file h: ls and I saw the list of games on my WBFS partition on the WD My Book, when I type the command to copy them which I think should be (wbfs_file h: extract_all_wbfs j:) nothing happens. it just goes to a blank prompt which is C:\Users\Steve>

Thanks in advance for the help.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v46b (beta)

http://sharebee.com/d5ed6b4b
(or online update)

* Added option: partition = [WBFS1], ..., WBFS4, FAT1, ..., FAT9, ask
* Saving global settings will also save current selected partition
* Increased fat cache size in IOS module
* Load FAT module in IOS early in case config has:
ios=222-mload (or ios=223-mload) and partition=FAT*
So that IOS does not need to be reloaded another time before
starting the game from a FAT partition
* Added indication in global options if [FAT] module is loaded in IOS
* Cleanups

And a special 222-fat version, which starts with ios=222-mload and partition=FAT1
by default, so that the IOS gets loaded only once in case that's your preferred setup:

http://sharebee.com/d9778a5f
SDUSB-Loader_cfg46b-222-fat.dol

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Sacohen9665 said:
I'm having problems copying my games from my WBFS partition on my 500GB Western Digital My Book drive (which has a drive letter of H) to the 500GB partition on my Hitachi drive (this has a drive letter of J)

I know a little about DOS and I followed Dr. Clippers tutorial (http://gwht.wikidot.com/wbfs-to-fat-transfer)

I launched a cmd prompt and tested it by typing wbfs_file h: ls and I saw the list of games on my WBFS partition on the WD My Book, when I type the command to copy them which I think should be (wbfs_file h: extract_all_wbfs j:) nothing happens. it just goes to a blank prompt which is C:\Users\Steve>

Use "wbfs_file h: extract_all_wbfs j:\wbfs"

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Sacohen9665 said:

Use "wbfs_file h: extract_all_wbfs j:\wbfs"

Still nothing???

I typed it in and it didn't work then I copied what you had and pasted it in and nothing.

Thanks;

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Xras said:
Would it be possible to use something like Loadstructor or Crap to create a channel wad for a game (USB-FAT) and start that using an app (like Triiforce) ??
There isn't any currently available way of doing this. If someone made a program that could generate channels with a loader that could load the WBFS files form Fat32 though, I don't see why not. Doesn't exist yet though.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Sacohen9665 said:
Still nothing???

I typed it in and it didn't work then I copied what you had and pasted it in and nothing.

Thanks;
Oops, the option is actually named extract_wbfs_all, so use:

"wbfs_file h: extract_wbfs_all j:\wbfs"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/