Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I've been playing with outline colors and found a potential problem that would be nice to have a fix for. When you view the backs of the boxes in coverflow, the font colour changes to white (obviously to distinguish from the filter put over the background). However, if you have your own colour programmed into the outline/shadow options, it remains, and might look bad with the white font.

Can we please have options to change the font colour and shadow/outline colours in back-of-the-box mode? If not, the shadow/outline should revert to a pre-defined value like the text colour does.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
OK, I've been playing with outline colors and found a potential problem that would be nice to have a fix for. When you view the backs of the boxes in coverflow, the font colour changes to white (obviously to distinguish from the filter put over the background). However, if you have your own colour programmed into the outline/shadow options, it remains, and might look bad with the white font.

Can we please have options to change the font colour and shadow/outline colours in back-of-the-box mode? If not, the shadow/outline should revert to a pre-defined value like the text colour does.
Good point. I'll go with the pre-defined value when showing back cover.

sanzoghenzo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First of all thanks for the great work!
This homebrew is awsome. If only I can make it work!

I have the timeout error when mounting my USB disk.
It's a PLEOMAX 250GB, WBFS primary partition in the last 50GB of the disk, the rest is a FAT32 primary partition with my docs in it.
I tried with both v37 and v38, still no luck.
I tried everything I red about the error, from hotswapping to making FAT32 partition active.
Will I have any luck by putting WBFS partition at the beginning of the disk?

I'm on 4.0E with cios38 rev14

Thanks in advance for the help!
Cheers from Italy

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
Alex Finlay said:
Dr. Clipper said:
@Alex Finlay: Just calm down. oggzee has done a lot to help you and you are acting like a spoilt brat. You do tend to ask a lot of questions and it does get a little annoying when we provide answers and they are ignored (how many times did we need to explain the "disc'" option doesn't need you to burn a disc?) or you pester with requests for absolutely minor things that are virtually useless to everybody else and have easy work-arounds. And you certainly aren't the one who should be calling people out about posting etiquette.

Anyway, it already seems that you have bitten the hand that feeds you to strongly, given oggzee's reaction. Congratulations.

As for your problem, there are a multitude of programs out there that will convert your files into .mp3; go find one. It is a lot of work to write an interface to an audio codec to play a different music format. oggzee simply informed you that he doesn't want to do this, which is totally fair if you ask me.
I wasn't anoyed at the fact he said no to what i asked i was anoyed at in a way he insulted me. Thanks, for your help it is appriciated. And i was in a bad mood as it was i don't care if he is ignoring me or what i just thought it was a snide comment and so the chemical reaction took place. Thanks and i guess next time are work my own problems out Also i have never double/tripple posted without it being a internet failure and i always put in "lagg please remove" or something after that after being told to do so. I didn't mean to "bite the hand that feeds me" but if a dog is hit he will retaliate. Thanks, Alex. Would love to leave the matter at that.

I was just going to leave this alone, but I have to comment here. Are you *serious*? You are not even aware that your MP3's are really Windows media audio, and when you find out you more or less expect oggzee to accommodate your file format? Ok, making a request is something you can do. But being a big baby about it when you do not receive the answer you want is just ridiculous. I know you are pretty new here, and I always give everybody the benefit of the doubt. But please, do not come in here and be a Little Whinestein because you aren't getting precisely what you want. This particular thread has been expanding more or less in a GOOD way (lots of contributing and ideas...talented people and interesting talk) and twice now you have brought it down a notch or two. Just sit back, read, understand, do at least *some* research, and then post something intelligent.

Anyway, I will not comment more on that. Back to business...

Wow, v38 final already? You guys are running in overdrive. You should at least stop for a beer break for goodness sake! Again, great job!

I was thinking of something else last night, but am not in front of my Wii at the moment to see if this has been implemented. Is there a way to reset default values on all games? I cannot remember if the option was there in global options to do this. Say for example that somebody had adjusted settings for a few games to turn on Anti-002 (when they were in a previous cIOS) and wanted to revert all of those settings back to default. Just one example. Probably just as easy to pop the card out and delete the config on the PC end, but I was just curious as to if it can be done on the Wii side.

Did you bother to read anything i write im bringing this up again because you obviously didn't read my post properly, "Snide Comment" not because he said no. Id**t, and my friend put them on my hdd as i stated and i couldnt see what format they were. Next time you wanna come back at me with a insult read what i said. Get your facts straight aswell maybe. And if you want to recomment on this READ IT PROPERLY.

gd48202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys,

I just wanted to say thank you for all your effort in this project.
bow.gif
grog.gif
yay.gif
This is an incredible piece of software.

It is really too bad that there are some that are just not as appreciative of your work that you are doing out of the goodness of your heart without asking for anything in return.
wacko.gif

Thanks,
GD

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Editable fonts, nice nice..

Had to jump back to font8 though, its the only font that don't get cut off by the overscan of my TV.

Oggzee & uptactical, any info/news on that possibility to lock gui mode (so you can not change it)?

Great work, keep it up.

gd48202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I may have found a little bug with regards to covers. The cover for Wii Sports NTSC, shows up squashed (it looks as though you are looking at a letterbox movie with a gap above and below the graphic) with the new Version 38 menu. This cover used to show up properly before with previous versions. If it is something that I am doing wrong, let me know and I will test out the changes in my config.

Thanks,
GD

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PNo4 said:
Editable fonts, nice nice..

Had to jump back to font8 though, its the only font that don't get cut off by the overscan of my TV.

Oggzee & uptactical, any info/news on that possibility to lock gui mode (so you can not change it)?

Great work, keep it up.

thanks! The new gui mode switching *should* be in the next release.

QUOTE(gd48202 @ Aug 1 2009, 10:37 AM) I think I may have found a little bug with regards to covers. The cover for Wii Sports NTSC, shows up squashed (it looks as though you are looking at a letterbox movie with a gap above and below the graphic) with the new Version 38 menu. This cover used to show up properly before with previous versions. If it is something that I am doing wrong, let me know and I will test out the changes in my config.

Thanks,
GD

If it's only the Wii Sports cover that's squished, I'd have to assume there's something up with that cover. Try deleting it and download a new one. If that doesn't work, tell us what the dimensions are, if you're widescreen/4:3, which gui mode is squishing it and post the image somewhere.

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't know what you guys have done but the speed difference in loading the covers now is amazing, when scrolling before it used to pop up the cover as it was on the screen now they are loaded before its even on screen, how good are you guys, keep it up =)

PS any chance of having the full covers (not fake 3d) on the 2d flow screens yet?

Wii Warrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
For anyone that's wondering how the outline or shadow fonts look like, here's a couple of screenshots:

Just added the outline to the text:)

Another nice touch, it is rapidly becoming a top piece of Wii software!!!

Has anyone found any decent .mp3 files for the loader?
I am with Kings of leon at the minute but I think I will end up with a "Menu type" of mp3 or various mp3s

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex Finlay said:
Did you bother to read anything i write im bringing this up again because you obviously didn't read my post properly, "Snide Comment" not because he said no. Id**t, and my friend put them on my hdd as i stated and i couldnt see what format they were. Next time you wanna come back at me with a insult read what i said. Get your facts straight aswell maybe. And if you want to recomment on this READ IT PROPERLY.

Ohh, I read your post, moron. I also read what oggzee replied. Do you even know what "snide" means? Expressive of contempt. Only somebody of your mind calibur can get "snide" out of what he had posted. If anything, perhaps he was just frustrated with you. And why is it always "my friend installed.." when it comes to situations like this? Probably to try to remove yourself from the fact that it is you that is the "Idiot" pal. You wrote:

"in the debug it actualy finds the file *randomly* in my music directory and loads it for example "Dirty harry.mp3" but when it actualy loads it it says "Dirty Harry.mp3.wma"

Wouldn't just THAT tell you that the format was incorrect?

If you are still not sure of your file formats, simply queue them into an good player such as foobar2000 and you can simply view the true audio types. Although, I am not at all sure why I am helping you at all...

JunoSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Anyone please help me.
I don't know what going on my wii can run 480P with DVDComponet cable
I play Monster Hunter Trii(3) with DVD it can run 480P.
But when I play this game with usbloader it run just 480i
and other game such as Dragon bell whenver play with DVD or Usbloader can run 480P

I very confuse. What was wrong.

Than you

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
has Narolez or any other skilled member written a preloader dol-forwarder for "slow" usb-drives? I haven't seen any trace of Narolez since his last post (mentioning an acknowledge of the problem) on July 10.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Vattu said:
has Narolez or any other skilled member written a preloader dol-forwarder for "slow" usb-drives? I haven't seen any trace of Narolez since his last post (mentioning an acknowledge of the problem) on July 10.
This is a problem where your Wii just needs to be on longer before preloader autoboots to the Loader, right? Perhaps you could use BootMii to provide that delay... Set autoboot in BootMii to as many seconds as you need to wake the drive and set it to autoboot to the system menu (which will hence load Preloader, I think). Is that a valid workaround?

HostileJava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm loving 38! I"m using the music from these guys http://www.minibosses.com/ . I think it's fitting background music for the system.

As far as the arguing that's going on here, could we just drop it, everyone is just cluttering what is otherwise a very informative thread, and making yourself look like a bunch of trolls.

genericaccount20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee and usptactical,

don't say it often enough but thanks for all the effort and great work you guys are doing for us non programmers!
the loader works great with every game i have tried and all the configurable options are wonderful!!!

genericaccount20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HostileJava said:
I'm loving 38! I"m using the music from these guys http://www.minibosses.com/ . I think it's fitting background music for the system.

love the music option. the only music i can take listening to over and over again though is something instrumental and soothing like Homeward Angel by Moby. it also won't piss any one off starting it up in the late night hours.
Amazon - Moby Homeward Angel

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If I install the latest IOS223 Hermes V3 and place the latest ehcmodule.elf (from uloader 2.8D) in the CFG Loader's folder. Will this work ?

Many Thanks !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol