Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to keep up on everything in this thread, but maybe I missed the answer to this question.

Has the issue of having to reset the Wii between games been resolved with cIOS rev 14?

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:
I've been trying to keep up on everything in this thread, but maybe I missed the answer to this question.

Has the issue of having to reset the Wii between games been resolved with cIOS rev 14?

Yes it has.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Logan said:
Blue-K said:
pepxl said:
nice looking theme gonna try it now,and thanks for the .psd now i can make my own
QUOTE(Logan @ Jul 28 2009, 05:38 PM) This looks nice, thanks. Gonna go give it a try
wink.gif
Thanks for PSD also.
Thanks
smile.gif
. Does it works for you? Like I said, my TV is crap, and looks like it zoomed a bit in the Image...so I want to know if it looks good for others
unsure.gif

Works perfect on my 42" Panasonic plasma. Looks great. Now to make my own background
smile.gif

Blue whats the best PNG settings when saving the files?

niemand0815

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
small comment on the hdd-init hangs:
this only happens to me when i stay in the wii menu too long. during games this never happens (aka: possible spindown of hdd). so propably either the loader needs to wake up the hdd or cios needs to frequently access the hdd even during system menu (or somehow wake of the drive when usb hdd is needed).

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Logan said:
Logan said:
Blue-K said:
pepxl said:
nice looking theme gonna try it now,and thanks for the .psd now i can make my own
QUOTE(Logan @ Jul 28 2009, 05:38 PM) This looks nice, thanks. Gonna go give it a try
wink.gif
Thanks for PSD also.
Thanks
smile.gif
. Does it works for you? Like I said, my TV is crap, and looks like it zoomed a bit in the Image...so I want to know if it looks good for others
unsure.gif

Works perfect on my 42" Panasonic plasma. Looks great. Now to make my own background
smile.gif

Blue whats the best PNG settings when saving the files?
What do you mean with Settings? Just save it as .png
smile.gif
. If you want, you don't have to compress it, for a better quality...that's it. Just save
smile.gif
. And I'm happy that it works...looks like I've done everything right
tongue.gif

Of there are more questions, better PM me...to stay on Topic...

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am new here so please excuse this question if it is a dumb one ... but I have had a quick look and can not find an answer

Most Wii USB Loaders in their menu/gui will display the region information of a game ... ie PAL or NTSC-U or NTSC-J ... I can not seem to see this info displayed readily anywhere in Configurable USB Loader ??? ... Is there a setting in the menu or config file that I have overlooked that will make this information visible ???

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I got an annoying problem:

I think that my config.txt inSD:\usb-loader isn't working.

If I set:
# gui
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow-z
gui_rows = 4

my cloader is just starting with flow and 1 row.
I tried a few other options, like changing the font colour from white to block, it didn't work also.

Help please!

Edit: Is there also a better looking forwarder? - I can't stand the one of the first page, sorry.#

Edit2: For some reason, everything is working now.
Here is a great looking forwarder: http://wadder.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1336

HostileJava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r3dcat said:
I am new here so please excuse this question if it is a dumb one ... but I have had a quick look and can not find an answer

Most Wii USB Loaders in their menu/gui will display the region information of a game ... ie PAL or NTSC-U or NTSC-J ... I can not seem to see this info displayed readily anywhere in Configurable USB Loader ??? ... Is there a setting in the menu or config file that I have overlooked that will make this information visible ???

This would be some great info to display if it is not already done by an existing setting.

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I just made these. 1 for wide and 1 original 800 x 480.
I can use some help to get the right positions in the theme.txt

feel free to use this background

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Blue-K said:
So, a first version is done. It's realy based on the NXE Dashboard, and I think it looks realy like that, with the colors, etc...I also included the .psds, so you can make a custom BG, instead the current red one. Please give also feedback, had some problems on my TV...maybe it's just me, but I could be wrong somewhere...

Now, get it HERE (Filename: XBox NXE).

Preview:

Again...don't forget the feedback!!!

Btw: Thanks at all that helped me with the Infos
smile.gif

Looks nice, added to front page
wink.gif

Although maybe the console area could show through a little of the background for a bit of transparent look.

Posts merged

milcoi said:

I just made these. 1 for wide and 1 original 800 x 480.
I can use some help to get the right positions in the theme.txt
feel free to use this background
Looks nice for the console, can you make matching background for gui mode as well?

Posts merged
milcoi said:

QUOTE(Takoru @ Jul 28 2009, 09:56 PM)
Edit: Is there also a better looking forwarder? - I can't stand the one of the first page, sorry.#
Edit2: For some reason, everything is working now.
Here is a great looking forwarder: [url=http://wadder.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1336]http://wadder.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1336[/url]
Normally any forwarder can be used, just put the boot.dol to the location that the forwarder expects it.
If you change the first post under OLD Channels, there are some more forwarders there, with different looks.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
r3dcat said:

Go to the options menu for a game (or just select the game with A if you have confirm_start=1) and you will see the 4-letter code for the game. The 4th letter will be P for PAL, E for NTSC-U or J for NTSC-J.

QUOTE(Takoru @ Jul 29 2009, 05:56 AM) Edit2: For some reason, everything is working now.
By any chance, did you happen to delete config.txt from the directory where you are loading the .dol from (typically sd:/apps/USBLoader)? It will use the one there rather than the one in sd:/usb-loader.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
r3dcat said:
There isn't. Why do you need that info?
Anyway it's easy to figure that on your own, just look at the 4th letter in the GAME ID:
P = PAL
E = NTSC-US
J = NTSC-Japan
for example: (RHAP) Wii Play
4th letter is P: means PAL

EDIT: haha, again i have been surpassed by Dr.Clipper!
smile.gif

(tnx Dr. for all your support here)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
gizmomelb said:
[...]
May I suggest / request an enhancement / new feature please?
could the installation process please be changed to the following?
1. press '+' to install game
2. message displayed 'checking game disk' (if no disk found, prompt user 'please insert game disk', 'press A to continue or B to go back')
3. message displayed - 'opening DVD disk'
4. display the size of the game and free space remaining on the selected storage device (just in case there's not enough room to store it)
5. update the displayed cover to the current opened game (if it is available)
6. prompt user 'press A to continue or B to go back'
7. message displayed 'installing game' (if A selected)
8. prompted 'press A to eject disk' etc.
[...]
Sounds reasonable, added to TODO, we'll see when I got time to refine this.
smile.gif

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Now I figured out how to use the config of this loader.

I've to say that it's awesome!
Thanks a lot for your great work, oggzee. Please keep it up!

It's my new main usb loader.
wink.gif

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Normally any forwarder can be used, just put the boot.dol to the location that the forwarder expects it.
If you change the first post under OLD Channels, there are some more forwarders there, with different looks.

can you explain further on both statements, I'm confused about what you said? thank you

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A forwarder channel is a channel that loads a file from the sd card. Simply rename the file you want to load to the file the forwarder uses.

Speaking of forwarders is there a dark orange channel that is bug free? Mine gives a freaky looking code dump if something is plugged into the wiimote when it boots, or could you show pics of the forwarders on the front page.

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
So, a first version is done. It's realy based on the NXE Dashboard, and I think it looks realy like that, with the colors, etc...I also included the .psds, so you can make a custom BG, instead the current red one. Please give also feedback, had some problems on my TV...maybe it's just me, but I could be wrong somewhere...

Now, get it HERE (Filename: XBox NXE).

Btw: Thanks at all that helped me with the Infos
smile.gif
Beautiful theme. Since you obviously know how to Photoshop, may I suggest using a transparent gradient box. It adds a lot to the look. I do it with all my themes, like:
Theme "Samurai Sunset"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway