Hacking Configurable USB Loader

giglio17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's on Google Code in the first link. You might have to dig a bit as this is the original branch of the loader and not only is Google Code in read-only mode but nobody maintains this version anymore.
I think i got one a "cfg70MODr65.dol" but something tells me i need more then that to put in the apps folder

i just wanna make a backup of a wii game and play off the sd slot;n;

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i got one a "cfg70MODr65.dol" but something tells me i need more then that to put in the apps folder

i just wanna make a backup of a wii game and play off the sd slot;n;

Get this version (yes, yet another branch of it). It's the "original" CFG USB Loader and has everything you need to boot the loader. You can just rename the dol file from the link in the OP to "boot.dol" and drop it in the /apps/USBLoader folder.

Reactions: giglio17

giglio17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get this version (yes, yet another branch of it). It's the "original" CFG USB Loader and has everything you need to boot the loader. You can just rename the dol file from the link in the OP to "boot.dol" and drop it in the /apps/USBLoader folder.
Thank you sir i've been on a goose chase for the last hour and it was getting to my head

BaffleBlend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Mighty plugin isn't working; only Gamecube/Wii games show up. The only other person with this issue that I've found by searching didn't get an answer. TI have the same problem regardless of whether I'm using mighty.dol or mighty_ppc27.dol. How do I correct this?
I do have Mighty Channels installed and a NAND backup in the proper directory.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Mighty plugin isn't working; only Gamecube/Wii games show up. The only other person with this issue that I've found by searching didn't get an answer. TI have the same problem regardless of whether I'm using mighty.dol or mighty_ppc27.dol. How do I correct this?
I do have Mighty Channels installed and a NAND backup in the proper directory.
try adding this line in config.txt

nand_emu_path = [path]

replace [path] with the full path to your emunand. example usb:/nands/nand1

Reactions: BaffleBlend

BaffleBlend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two more questions.

• When loading a GC game using Nintendont within CFG, how do I get it to keep Nintendont's configuration settings instead of applying its own? Again, I've tried searching for a solution on my own for this, but the one people keep giving - "turn autoboot on within CFG" - well, I just can't find it. And yes, I've tried turning it on in Nintendont.
  • When loading Virtual Console games, my Wii Remotes desync from the console completely. The game boots, but that doesn't do much good without a controller. Why is that happening and how can I stop it?

EDIT: Never mind the first one. I tried something that I didn't think would work.
The second one's still a problem, though.

Last edited by BaffleBlend,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two more questions.

• When loading a GC game using Nintendont within CFG, how do I get it to keep Nintendont's configuration settings instead of applying its own? Again, I've tried searching for a solution on my own for this, but the one people keep giving - "turn autoboot on within CFG" - well, I just can't find it. And yes, I've tried turning it on in Nintendont.
  • When loading Virtual Console games, my Wii Remotes desync from the console completely. The game boots, but that doesn't do much good without a controller. Why is that happening and how can I stop it?

EDIT: Never mind the first one. I tried something that I didn't think would work.
The second one's still a problem, though.
I think you are missing your sysconf in your emunand or you have one thats not synced with your wiimote. Read the info here it might help.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usbloadergx-exporting-sysconfig-to-emunand-and-possible-cloning.402960/

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFG USB Loader thinks I have 10 gb of free space on my external HDD when in reality I have over 300 gb free. Other than formatting which I will do if I absolutely have to is there any other fix? Windows shows the 300+ gbs.

MarxW124

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hello. I'm a new user , but was already reading a lot here and it was very helpful.

But now i'm "stuck" and need some help.

When i bought my WII it came with usb loader GX, the homebrew channel, Neogamma, M player and CFG usb loader installed on internal memory of WII. A few days ago i wanted to update all those programs offline. It went fine with all, but the CFG usb loader won't update to internal memory of WII. Before i didn't need SD card or USB stick for loading those programs, now i need it for CFG, without it goes black and back to WII menu.

My question is how to bring CFG back to the WII internal memory (not only forwarding)?

Thanks for helping!

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm a new user , but was already reading a lot here and it was very helpful.

But now i'm "stuck" and need some help.

When i bought my WII it came with usb loader GX, the homebrew channel, Neogamma, M player and CFG usb loader installed on internal memory of WII. A few days ago i wanted to update all those programs offline. It went fine with all, but the CFG usb loader won't update to internal memory of WII. Before i didn't need SD card or USB stick for loading those programs, now i need it for CFG, without it goes black and back to WII menu.

My question is how to bring CFG back to the WII internal memory (not only forwarding)?

Thanks for helping!
Its a very bad idea to isntall a full channel into the wii [as a USB LOADER], its better to install only the forwarder, but if you insist in doing this, you can just search in google for the full channel.

MarxW124

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Its a very bad idea to isntall a full channel into the wii [as a USB LOADER], its better to install only the forwarder, but if you insist in doing this, you can just search in google for the full channel.

Thanks for anwsering. But why would be installing a full usb loader channel to wii a bad idea? I had it this way long time and had no problems. Do you have a link please? I can't find a full channel and I have searched really a lot.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for anwsering. But why would be installing a full usb loader channel to wii a bad idea? I had it this way long time and had no problems. Do you have a link please? I can't find a full channel and I have searched really a lot.
For starter, cant be updated via wifi, as the boot.dol its embed on the channel, and if it where on the SD its easy, why have it on the wii instead of an SD or USB?

A fat32 device will do the job. you can put your games and your apps there.

MarxW124

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
For starter, cant be updated via wifi, as the boot.dol its embed on the channel, and if it where on the SD its easy, why have it on the wii instead of an SD or USB?

A fat32 device will do the job. you can put your games and your apps there.

I don't update it often, so it's good. I would like to have it on wii, because I often change USB's and SD's with different games and emulators :)
So if someone has a link with the full CFG channel... Plese link it here.

MarxW124

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I managed to create a wad from the neogamma and it works! It loads the CFG, but shows icon and animations from neogamma. Has anybody got these files for CFG, so it would look like original? :)

pstarr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried 3 different Windows (x64) WBFS managers and still cannot get my drive visible. I'm looking to duplicate the drive so I can move it to a SSD. Please Help. WBFS Manager ; Wii Backup Manager ; another that failed. School me please:teach:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.