USBLoaderGX - exporting sysconfig to emuNAND - and possible cloning.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by portugeek, Nov 13, 2015.

1. portugeek
    OP

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    I'd like to know what Wii info is getting exported to the EmuNAND when I export the sysconfig?

Also, does anyone know where the controller sync information is stored within the emuNAND?

I've wanted to clone two Wii's so that I could move between both consoles while only needing one HDD and one SD card. But I seem to be running into controller syncing issues.

Does anyone know how controller sync is handled by the Wii? Is it possible to have the same Wii Remote simultaneously sync'd to two Wii's?

Last edited by portugeek, Dec 12, 2016
  2. portugeek
    OP

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    *bump*

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    nice thread hijacking lol

the wiimote sync is inside SYSCONF file.

the wiimote sync info is therefore stored here :
    /shared2/sys/SYSCONF

on that link, you can see all the settings and flags contained inside sysconf file (aspect ratio, parental control, wiimote+ video watched, etc.)

Two consoles can have the same Wiimote stored as sync in sysconf, but the wiimote only contains the last sync console's info in it (used to power the console).

You can't use the same controller on different real NAND consoles (you can, but only by doing "re-order wiimote" option in wiimote menu, syncing them temporarily).

But with EmuNAND you can use your Wiimote from the console you used to make the NAND dump, as it contains its own SYSCONF set to that wiimote.

Console A : dump nand.
    emuNAND will contain Console A sysconf, with wiimote A sync info.
    Console B : realNAND can't use Wiimote A.
    launch emuNAND in "FULL" mode, and WiimoteA will work because it's using SYSCONF info from console A, with wiimote A MAC address.
    If you use "Partial" mode, then it will use SYSCONF from console B.

If you don't have your wiimote with you, you can easily use Wiimote B with your emuNAND A in full mode, in USBLoaderGX>Features>Copy sysconf
    it will copy and overwrite the emuNAND SYSCONF with the one from the current console B, letting you use Console B wiimote with EmuNAND A.
    when you are back to your home, do a copy sysconf again, and you get your wiimoteA back to emuNAND A.

4. portugeek
    OP

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    I know right?! lol. I searched the forums and found that I had already made a thread talking about this, so I figured I'd just update it. :P

That's what I currently do with my home Wii. For whatever reason I always end up having to resync the same controllers over again whenever I return to the Wii after a couple weeks of being off it. So I resync all controllers, while on the Main Menu, then I load up USBLGX and export sysconfig, that way my EmuNAND has my most current Wiimote configuration. And even after all that, it doesn't always work. Controller syncing issues are always the biggest headache of 4 player game nights.

In another one of my threads, GreyWolf said...
    Is that last bold statement true? Because if so I'll avoid all syncing issues completely by simply syncing once and having EmuNAND redirect to Real NAND for the sysconfig settings.

Last edited by portugeek, Dec 13, 2016
  5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    The "save emu" is only for wii games (the disc based games).
    If that's what you want to play, then yes you can just set "emuNAND save" to partial, and only the savegame will be redirected to emuNAND path.
    if you use "full", everything is redirected (miis, settings, network, etc.)

the "emuNAND channel" is used for channels installed on emuNAND only.
    I always feel that the best option is "full" but the partial option is still available, even if I always want to remove it.
    I'm not sure what happens when using partial with channels installed on emuNAND. you can have issues (file system error, etc.) because the game will check some files on the real NAND (tickets? settings, mii) while loading the data on emuNAND (channel, savegame).

If partial work for you with emuNAND channel, then it's good. you won't have to bother with wiimotes, and just used the 4 wiimote already sync'd with the console and not with your NAND dump.

I always wanted to rename and re-work that emuNAND menus and options, they are very confusing and not telling the user what really happens.

6. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    It would be easy to add an option to automatically copy SYSCONF from NAND to the emunand folder before launching a title.

"Save redirect path" and "NAND emulation path" would make more sense.