Hacking Configurable USB Loader

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually, if you're getting stack dumps, then yeah, you're not the only one. I was getting a lot of those shortly before my HDD stopped working with my Wii entirely.

I'm not getting stack dumps, just random freezes inside the GUI. It's really annoying too because I'm constantly having to get up and unplug my Wii as Reset doesn't do anything.

Plus...ever since updating to v70 my cover art that I download for new games isn't being saved when I restart the Wii. What could be causing this?

Does anyone know what version it is that the new GUI started? I think I'm going to downgrade before that as I didn't have problems until the new GUI got implemented.

EDIT: And honestly I wouldn't even both with Cfg anymore if it weren't for the cheats. I prefer Neogamma(never have any problems with this excellent loader), but it doesn't automatically download cheats from the internet. So I guess you have to manually download them yourself then put them on your SD card for the loader to use. Which is too much of a hassle.

So I'm switching back to Cfg for SS because I'm using the quick stamina regenerate cheat. So once I'm done with the game I'm just going to switch back to Neogamma, but I would like to get this problem solved with Cfg incase I use it again in the future.

Oh, ok. See, I was getting stack dumps. Though it may have just frozen inexplicably once or twice. I was also having trouble with the covers. The ones I already had on the SD never showed, and the damn thing would stack dump if I tried to download any. I say WAS because I didn't fix it. It just stopped detecting my HDD entirely.

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

xxxwanderxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hi
I'm using v70 and have a problem.Covers don't show up! I did everything and download the all covers but it doesent show them.Please help.What should I do?
It was OK and I was using it but one they this problem happened I don't know why.I did nothing

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I'm using v70 and have a problem.Covers don't show up! I did everything and download the all covers but it doesent show them.Please help.What should I do?
It was OK and I was using it but one they this problem happened I don't know why.I did nothing
Seems like this last release just has issues with covers overall. I can't download new ones, and the ones I have don't show. So it could just be a bug in this version.

The-Magician

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi
Seems like this last release just has issues with covers overall. I can't download new ones, and the ones I have don't show. So it could just be a bug in this version.

Works fine for me. All covers show up and download also works, so i think the problem lays somewhere else.

Reactions: 1 person

xxxwanderxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hi

No.When I was using V64 I had the same problem not in the first time I installed CFG but after a while so I decided to update it but nothing changed.Do you think it's because of updating the channel? Can I downgrade it with an old version? Is it safe?
Or maybe it's because of updating the cIOS.Which one do you think is the problem? I remember when I was opening the CFG channel there were some cIOS numbers in the down right corner of screen along the big CFG icon .The numbers right now have changed
I'm confused.Really liked the CFG 3D menu which is far beautiful from all kind of USB loader out there and the all options it gives to the users.

totoland75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello,

i like cfg usbloader but it's not update since july. When a new beta arrive ? because the game : driver san fransisco and tintin don't work. you are a idea

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Configurable Loader v70, running on ios246 Base: 56 dx2 v6 (r21006), all default settings on Skyward Sword.
Been playing 14+ hours, no issues at all.

lepicane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been playing Skyward Sword on v70 default 248 with no issues. The only game I had problems with is Tintin, but I'm playing it on neek2o.

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hi

No.When I was using V64 I had the same problem not in the first time I installed CFG but after a while so I decided to update it but nothing changed.Do you think it's because of updating the channel? Can I downgrade it with an old version? Is it safe?
Or maybe it's because of updating the cIOS.Which one do you think is the problem? I remember when I was opening the CFG channel there were some cIOS numbers in the down right corner of screen along the big CFG icon .The numbers right now have changed
I'm confused.Really liked the CFG 3D menu which is far beautiful from all kind of USB loader out there and the all options it gives to the users.
When I say it's a bug in the programming, I meant that it's probably something that isn't easily reproduced so it'd be hard to debug, and hence may have been present since, say, v64 or before. The development seems to be in hiatus for the time being. unfortunately, but you can report any bugs you find to the Google project page: http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Hi

When I say it's a bug in the programming, I meant that it's probably something that isn't easily reproduced so it'd be hard to debug, and hence may have been present since, say, v64 or before. The development seems to be in hiatus for the time being. unfortunately, but you can report any bugs you find to the Google project page: http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/

im having the same problem
i believe its from using the channel forwards and a lack of write access to the USB HDD
as i cant download themes either and it says it cant write to the drive
but strange when i add the covers .png myself they fail to load also (may need to add something to a config tho aswell)

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Funny thing happened today....

I booted up the Wii today to see if I could play some Guitar Hero and it actually loaded. I got curious and tried downloading covers again. No go. Then I thought, why not wipe out all the folders except the covers, and drop in a clean install. That did the trick; most of the covers were there, and the settings were saving, too. So I'm back in the game! I'm gonna give that oneek mod a try, too.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

I booted up the Wii today to see if I could play some Guitar Hero and it actually loaded. I got curious and tried downloading covers again. No go. Then I thought, why not wipe out all the folders except the covers, and drop in a clean install. That did the trick; most of the covers were there, and the settings were saving, too. So I'm back in the game! I'm gonna give that oneek mod a try, too.
what do you mean wipe out all the folders and drop in a clean install?
i assume you mean delete everything off the drive excapt the covers folder and reinstall everything else?

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

what do you mean wipe out all the folders and drop in a clean install?
i assume you mean delete everything off the drive excapt the covers folder and reinstall everything else?
No, just the files associated with Cfg USB Loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740