Hacking Configurable USB Loader

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
fbrd said:
wait for the world icon in the bottom right corner of hbc to stop flashing before you launch cfg.

has been this way for ages, was mentioned a few hundred pages back :-)

I had this issue too, but since I use a forwarder (pepxl's one, in particular), I do not have this problem anymore ('till now
biggrin.gif
).

mimiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very muuuch.

Probably you don't belive it but but I searched a lot on google and found there was no response to this issue.

Regards

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mimiz said:
Pepxl's works for me too!!

Thanks again. mimiz

your problem isn't the cfg loader, your problem is having hbc 10.6 on a 3.1 wii. either downgrade your hbc version or update your firmware. I recommend updating ur firmware.( Just a suggestion) I used to have that problem ur are having. In my case I can downgrade my wii to 3.1 or update to 4.1 and I tested that prob. of yours and it happens because of what I told u. Using a forwarder kinda skips the hbc booting process and somehow prevents the black screen when loading cfg loader.

mimiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've read that upgrade the firmware is not recomended and now all is working correct, what is the benefit of the update?. Anyway, I don't know how to upgrade to 4.1.

mimiz

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
his problem isn't being on 3.1 (although its a shitty firmware to be on, no system menu hacks)

his problem is he has installed the HBC to use IOS36 (which is probably patched), he should install a non-fakesigned IOS61 then reinstall the HBC (via the hackmii installer).

@mimiz, to update/re-hack your wii safely, use nus auto downloader (see my signature)... there are other methods, but nus auto downloader is the easiest (and its legal too!)

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@mimiz

does this prob. happens with other homebrew apps? If answer is "yes" (assuming you haven't patched your ios 36) then my point is true and you must download Xflak's Nus Downloader right away.

If answer is "no" then I'm wrong and you must download Xflak's Nus Downloader right away.

You can only choose one of the two options
yay.gif

maabus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might have missed this buried in the posts, but is there a problem with the auto update to 57b? Whenever I try to upgrade to it, it installs the 57a version.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
maabus said:
I might have missed this buried in the posts, but is there a problem with the auto update to 57b? Whenever I try to upgrade to it, it installs the 57a version.
57b thinks that it is 57a, but it is 57b.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak said:
his problem is he has installed the HBC to use IOS36 (which is probably patched), he should install a non-fakesigned IOS61 then reinstall the HBC (via the hackmii installer).

I'm on a 3.3v1 system menu, and I do have a fakesigned IOS61: do I need a non-fakesigned one to avoid black screens (that I have also with other homebrews)? Note that I do not want to updated the system menu.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiixale said:
XFlak said:

I'm on a 3.3v1 system menu, and I do have a fakesigned IOS61: do I need a non-fakesigned one to avoid black screens (that I have also with other homebrews)? Note that I do not want to updated the system menu.

If HBC, which naturally runs on IOS61, is run with IOS61 that is fakedsigned, it will be upside down. This is a feature to deter piracy?? or something of that nature.

mimiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Burton
The problem never happens with other homebrew apps (WiiMC, homebrew browser). At first I thought that the problem had to do with the SD card so I tried with differents models (all under 2GB) without luck. Then I thought about updating the firmware to 4.2 (don't know how to upgrade to 4.0) because this version comes with changes in issues related to SD but when I went to start with the upgrade I discovered that if the wii is connected the problem never happens. Now I'm thinking to upgrade again...

@XFlak
Could you explain me how to install a non-fakesigned IOS61?, I mean, do I have to uninstall HBC first? or even upgrde to 4.2?

mimiz

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mimiz said:
@XFlak
Could you explain me how to install a non-fakesigned IOS61?, I mean, do I have to uninstall HBC first? or even upgrde to 4.2?

mimiz

You don't need to reinstall anything. I think you can use DOP-Mii to install it, saying it not to fakesign it during installation.
Now I join this question asking: if I use DOP-Mii to do that, what about ES_Identify and NAND permission patches? Do I have to apply them?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@ mimi and wiixale,

If your HBC uses a patched IOS61, it will be upsidedown. If it uses a patched IOS36, 90% of the time u launch an app it will blackscreen.

easiest way to fix it is to use yet another wad manager mod to install the wads (IOS61 and IOS34). You can also use dop-mii (I personally would only use dop-mii if I didn't have the wad and wanted to download it from NUS on the fly... dop-mii is also great for patching IOSs on the fly, but we do NOT want to apply ANY patches (including ES_Identify and NAND permission patches). Use any method to launch yawmm or dop-mii (HBC, bannerbomb, wiixplorer, etc.).

After you finish this, launch the hackmii installer (either via bannerbomb, the HBC, wiixplorer, etc.). Then reinstall the HBC (no need to uninstall it first). If you haven't installed/updated bootmii and dvdx, you can also install those at this time. Exit the installer, it should return u to the HBC, and it should be running smoothly on a non-fakesigned IOS61 now (hit home to confirm). (note that if your HBC was already installed to use IOS61, you don't need to reinstall the HBC... but it doesn't hurt)

I apologize to the configurable USB loader team, this has gotten way off-topic... @ mimi and wiixale, if you have more questions on this, please post them in an appropriate thread. I don't mind if u ask in my NUS Auto Downloader thread since it is somewhat related (since it has this solution as an option), but there are probably many threads that were made specifically for this issue, and I'm sure any questions you might have, have probably been answered already in those threads.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak said:
I apologize to the configurable USB loader team, this has gotten way off-topic... @ mimi and wiixale, if you have more questions on this, please post them in an appropriate thread. I don't mind if u ask in my NUS Auto Downloader thread since it is somewhat related (since it has this solution as an option), but there are probably many threads that were made specifically for this issue, and I'm sure any questions you might have, have probably been answered already in those threads.

I apologize too, my intention wasn't about going off-topic so much.

Thank XFlak for the support.
wink.gif

Let's come back to CFG.
smile.gif

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiixale said:
XFlak said:

I apologize too, my intention wasn't about going off-topic so much.

Thank XFlak for the support.
wink.gif

Let's come back to CFG.
smile.gif
In fact this little off-topic was kinda necessary because sometimes we blame the loader because of black screens etc. and we forgot that there are other things involved like ios, bad dumps, etc. that may be the responsible of the loader bad behavior.

Good work Cfg Team.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, I really appreciate this info too. I was surprised that the error wasn't more common amongst those that used my tutorials to hack the Wii, but now I have an explanation. One thing that separates my tutorials from the rest is that I use TBR to install the patched IOS36 into the 236 slot, not the 36 slot. Thus, the normal IOS36 remains unpatched.

Almost every other tutorial I've seen out there, Dop-Mii's 36 installation and other methods seem to prefer to patch the existing IOS36 and leave it that way. I've been specifically avoiding changing the TBR steps in my tutorial simply because I wanted to leave the Nintendo IOSes in normal condition whenever possible. Seems like it was a good idea!

Lord_Possum

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mmm, I use this loader, and it works very well, congratulations to all the CFG Team, but have some Idea.
1) an automatic selection of the best IOS to run a game ( like the automatic selection of Alt dol files) It will be useful for newbie that want to run games like MH3, Rockband and GH.
2)an option that allow to download and install necessary IOS(i.e. If appear the message "ios 249 non found" apper another message tha says "Do you want to download and install it?")If the GX can load .dol, CFG can do it for Waninkoko's and Hermes' cIOS installer.(I mean this installer must be incorporated with the boot.dol of configurable, or the file become too large?
Thanks for this loader, and I'm sorry for my awful english..

jackharvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I LOVE the Configurable USB Loader. Thanks so much for making life awesome.

As the owner of http://kc-mm.com, I can tell you that the community of brawlers awaits a way to do the following:

Load Super Smash Bros. Brawl with Ocarina cheats enabled STRAIGHT from the Wii system menu. The forwarder channel that gets me to CusbL's app is great! But if we could start the game straight from a channel (with Ocarina enabled) - life would be complete.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.