Hacking Configurable USB Loader

xakmad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
xakmad said:
i upgraded to 51b-fat yesterday, but when it tried to load, on the logo ascreen where it says "51b fat & mload222", it crashes back to HBC
(uselwess info might be that it plays 0.5sec of mucis, then the top right corner gets a green line of pixels)
first time ever had a problem.

of course, brainy here decides to rename all the folders from the v50 "id title" to v51b's "title id" (thanks, btw, brilliant!)

but it still failed, to get past the logo screen, same deal of back to HBC

Rollon v51c as i dont think i can easily go back top v50 without renaming all the folders again. would the bat file allow a wbfs_file -L D1 (or something) to go back?
of am i best waiting for v51c

waiting with bated breath

thanks!!!

Try temporarily renaming your covers directory, it very well could be a corrupted cover. Also, try adding debug=1 to config.txt as you will get some more information about where and when it is crashing.

switched debug = 1 first (deliberately)
all well until after the music info, it must be 'covers' next, as i got a lot (8?) LIBPNG adaptive filter something THEN a different error which i didnt see (sorry, it was rather fast before the reboot)

so i renamed the covers folder, and tried again, and dispite this i get the LIBPNG erros (6 or so) but AFAIK no other errors, as it DOES get to the gui

i'd hate to blame the configurator
wink.gif
but guessing it was something changed in v51b? - trying release 3 in a few mins, with a backup of covers from a few weeks ago...

any light shed would be appreciated, ta, and thanks again Dr C

----------------------

edit - the backup worked, so unsure if the configurator DLed a dodgy file or two? i cant think of any other reason. However it is still highly recomended
smile.gif
smile.gif

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Dr. Clipper said:
Sabin_Figaro said:
Sabin_Figaro said:
any way to map Disc Loading to a button?

Quoting for the new page... any way for doing this on the config file? (I am an idiot)
It's only 3 button presses away at the moment, are those extra 2 really that hard?

i use priiloader to load inmediately.... so if i have a disc inside it, and for the kids convenience, a button press or icon will be great. Font is tiny nowadays and my nephews don't read english

capple123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has the issue of USB loader and DLC on SD cards been addressed? 501 pages is a lot of reading and search engines are not getting me the answers. I'm sure many of you know when Downloading or Playing DLC content with a game running from the USB Drive the tracks are left on the wii filling the available memory space.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr. Clipper said:
Sabin_Figaro said:
Sabin_Figaro said:
any way to map Disc Loading to a button?

Quoting for the new page... any way for doing this on the config file? (I am an idiot)
It's only 3 button presses away at the moment, are those extra 2 really that hard?
maybe it could/should be changed with the install game button

the remove /ionstall buttons...not really of often use...but have direct access
but often used functions, like the new dvdload, or maybe main menu/settings are on no direct access

xakmad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i mentioned the ability to map button to '+' and '-' ages ago
very pleased with the new menu on '-'

another plea here to allow + to be configured , for instance install, disc load or 'make favorite' (my wish!)

BTW can we have a red X over the games that are hidden, PLEASE!!! PRETTY PLEASE!!!
i want to see which are hidden from the kids easily without going to options each time.
note the X would have to be in lower part of PNG as some/most are set as favorites!

love the work, well done everyone
bow.gif

oh, here's one last plea for the red X
wink.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
I know it's not in the loader, but you could use the Configurator to see all the hidden games vs. each of your profiles (use the sort options on the columns to get each profile collected).

ChaosEnergy said:
stupid question..how can i set games as hidden...the option is grayed in my menu...all other things work..
You have to unlock before you can hide games. Hold 1 until the prompt comes up, then enter the password (default password is B-Up-Down-A-Home-1-2). Or just use the Configurator.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
...i still hope you code the configurator as menu option in the loader...
there are so many daily use options where i need to take the sdcard out into my pc and back...

btw
- hide
+ favorite

consistent features, and surely more often used than add/remove disc

thanks for answer..but i thought i disabled the admin check..so i thought it is already fullfeatured...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
ChaosEnergy said:
thanks for answer..but i thought i disabled the admin check..so i thought it is already fullfeatured...
If you set admin_unlock = 0, then you are actually making it so that you can't unlock the loader. It is hence always in locked mode. The only thing locked by default is the hidden games, though.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
BTW ChaosEnergy, and anyone else interested, there is a way to use Configurator without your card or drive leaving the Wii (if it is connected to your PC via the network).

First, install NetDrive on your PC and FTPii on your SD card. Then you can run FTPii on the Wii and assign a drive letter to the Wii's ftp address with NetDrive like so:
netdrive.png

Once it has a drive letter, the Configurator will treat it like any other drive. You can use the same technique to access your USB drive as well as long as FTPii can read the partition OK.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xakmad said:
BTW can we have a red X over the games that are hidden, PLEASE!!! PRETTY PLEASE!!!
i want to see which are hidden from the kids easily without going to options each time.
note the X would have to be in lower part of PNG as some/most are set as favorites!

Yes, I think that's a reasonable request. Although maybe something a little less obtrusive than a big red X.

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
oggzee said:
No, what I meant is that I will update that list with the stuff that is already implemented in v51, which is:

* DONE: WiitDB integration (game info: description, genres, which controllers, number of players, etc...)
* DONE: DVD launcher

Hi!

I have some question about WiitDB integration, will game info or description be displayed based on Wii language?
I mean if I'm playing some European game and my Wii is in French, will info be displayed in French? (I know the WiitDB file has those information).

By the way in May 2009 you said you didn't have the time to add localization and I understand you have a lot of work to make v51 stable, but is localization still planned?

Maybe for v52?

An other question about DVD launcher, will it make NeoGamma R8 (or so) useless?
Will it launch DVD backup?
Will it work with cIOSrev15 or 16, or only 14 like NeoGamma?

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
usptactical said:
xakmad said:

Yes, I think that's a reasonable request. Although maybe something a little less obtrusive than a big red X.

Or having the game greyed out, like lowering the opacity of the cover would even be better but probably harder to code as Configurable USB Loader isn't Photoshop lol.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jabe said:
usptactical said:
xakmad said:

Or having the game greyed out, like lowering the opacity of the cover would even be better but probably harder to code as Configurable USB Loader isn't Photoshop lol.

That's quite easy to do actually.

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
usptactical said:
Jabe said:

Great news I wouldn't think it was, I think it's better than just some red X, what do you think?

Do you know if localization is still planned?

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jabe said:
usptactical said:
Jabe said:

Great news I wouldn't think it was, I think it's better than just some red X, what do you think?

Do you know if localization is still planned?

Adding that is too boring for me or oggzee to work on so maybe gannon will do it.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins