Configurable USB Loader, NTFS, Xenoblade issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by mjlahey, Aug 22, 2011.

Aug 22, 2011
  1. mjlahey
    OP

Newcomer mjlahey Newbie

Canada
    Hey all,

Sorry but I'm new at this. I'm using a 16 gig usb flash drive. When I first set up configurable USB loader, I had it formatted Fat32, with no games on it. The loader came up fine, and I saved my settings and exited.

I'm trying to play Xenoblade from an iso on the Flash drive. I discovered that I can't have a file over 4gig on fat32, so I switched to NTFS on the USB drive, made a wbfs folder and put the Xeno iso in it.

Now however, the usb loader won't even start. If the usb drive is in when I start, it just hangs on the initial CFG screen. If I start it with no drive in, it tells me it can't find a drive to mount, so I stick in the usb drive, and it hangs again.

I added those 2 lines to the config.txt file that you are supposed to for NTFS.

I'm not sure whats going on, because it worked fine before I switched to NTFS.

2. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Switch to FAT32 and transfer the game with Wii Backup Manager. It will scrub and split the game. There is no speed loss.

3. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    Switch back to FAT32 you mean?

4. JoostinOnline

United States
    Yeah, thanks for catching that.

5. mjlahey
    OP

Newcomer mjlahey Newbie

Canada
    It worked. I'm playing. You guys are gods among men. Thanks!!!!

6. forklord

Newcomer forklord Newbie

United States
    Hi all, I have the same problem. it loads as WBFS but only gets to the secure your wrist controller and then black screen. If i try FAT32 it doesnt even recognize the game file on there. so i plug the usb sd adapter back into my computer an d its says X.XX gb used but theres no game there either? wtf?

update: it actually says fat1 this whole time. theres no fat32 option. i tried syncing fat and now it says its fat32/? and wont let me even get to the main screen of CFG usb loader....

7. WalkerOfTheDay

Member WalkerOfTheDay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I don't understand why everyone is always telling to switch from NTFS to FAT.
    I'm running Configurable and WiiFlow just fine from NTFS. For me it works perfectly.

8. JoostinOnline

United States
    Because FAT32 is far more likely to work. Besides, NTFS only works with a few apps, where as FAT32 works for everything.