conduit acts weird after matchmaking

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lou_weed, Jun 26, 2009.

Jun 26, 2009
  1. lou_weed
    OP

Member lou_weed GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    hi

after matchmaking in the conduit , i get the loading screen which says "3..2..1" and then i can see the HUD , but nothing else.. the HUD updates from time to time , like showing who killed who.. but no graphics at all , just a black screen with a life bar and an occasional message

has anyone encountered this ?

thanks
    lou

btw got a PAL Wii , 4.0E , USB loader GX

2. teq

Member teq GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  3. Riicky

Member Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i get alot of random disconnections, and I know its not my wireless cuz i've tried A. sitting right next to the router, and B. I tried the LAN adapter, I dont know whats up!

4. teq

United States
    Is it only with this game or others as well?

Try using FTPii to transfer files to your computer, while monitoring the packets with Wireshark. This will indicate if you have a faulty router or wifi adapter.

Also, set your MTU on the Wii to the maximum supported. It helps a bit.

Other than that, it could just be a bad host.

5. lou_weed
    OP

Israel
    @Riicky : i think that its because the eauropeans are connecting to the us servers..

and back to the topic - has anyone encountered that black screen with HUD problem ?

6. teq

United States
    Nobody probably has because most of us are using the NTSC version on an NTSC Wii with an NTSC TV.

If you do what I said about switching the config to enable PAL displays, it might help this problem. Other than that, it could just be a bad copy.

7. Roy911

Newcomer Roy911 Member

United States
    No, I've been getting the exact same thing, a game loads, but you get a black screen and nothing is responsive except occassional voice overs and HUD updates. Using NTSC Wii, NTSC TV, NTSC Game w/ Gamma Loader and cIOS r13b.

8. teq

United States
    Well, considering how different your setups are, I can only assume you both have a bad copy of the game.

9. lou_weed
    OP

Israel
    its kinda random , sometimes after a reboot i can go online and it plays perfectly.
    cant put my finger on the problem / solution.. but at least i know its not a bad copy nor that config file..

10. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    This happened to me once, I kind of think it was because my internet connection was a bit...saturated at that moment. Usually it runs like butter. Maybe that wasn't it though. It did happen with a USB Loader, but hasn't happened with the disc or since then on the USB Loader.